PDA

View Full Version : UPPABABY Vista Albee Baby

lmilhiser
07-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi -- I have been trying to decide on strollers and think I want to go with the UPPABABY Vista . I see that Albee baby has it in the maya yellow color for $500. Anyone had success receiving the stroller from Albee and anyone find any extra coupons to get the price even lower? I was worried reading some bad reviews on the store but I do not want to spend the $679 for the stroller and cannot seem to find a better price then Albee. I live in a metro area but there is only one used on on craigslist and it is listed at $450, so the maya yellow one seems like a good deal to me.

Thanks!
Liz

Candyshop1999
07-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Gilt had them cheaper, I think $399. I missed that deal but did get the Albee one. The Maya is gorgeous! IMO, not great as a double nor outside. But as a single, it's pretty sweet, ESP if u can use the bassinet.

mackmama
07-01-2011, 10:54 PM
You could call diapers.com and ask them to price match the albee one you found. Diapers.com has a great return policy and overall great customer service imo.

legaleagle
07-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Diapers.com doesn't carry uppababy. Though if you search for uppababy, it takes you to the b-ready results, LOL. Also, I thought someone here posted they don't do pricematching anymore as of last week.

OP - $499 is a good deal on a Vista because they are generally excluded from coupons (uppa requirement for its retailers). Albee never has coupons on sale stuff either.

poohbear
07-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Diapers.com doesn't carry uppababy. Though if you search for uppababy, it takes you to the b-ready results, LOL. Also, I thought someone here posted they don't do pricematching anymore as of last week.

OP - $499 is a good deal on a Vista because they are generally excluded from coupons (uppa requirement for its retailers). Albee never has coupons on sale stuff either.

:yeahthat:
No uppa at diapers.com and no pricematching anymore...

You'd have a hard time finding a new one for less than $499, which is a SUPER deal. Once the Mayas are gone, the best you can sometimes do is 10-20% off a few times a year at different places for a few days (which would be $543 at 20% off - though the last time I saw one 20% off was last December so I wouldn't count on that). I was able to snag a gilt one last month, but they sold out quickly. I'd grab the $499 one - you'll have a 2 year warranty, and if you don't love the color, you can get a swap kit for $100. But you still have the gorgeous graphite frame!

mackmama
07-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Oops my bad - and what a bummer that there's no more price-matching!

lmilhiser
07-02-2011, 04:12 PM
thanks all!! i called the baby superstore great beginnings which is within an hour drive and they have the maya one and will match the albee price! the guy on the phone strongly suggested i come in and make sure i like it before buying it. he said it was really heavy and not one of his favorites. i am excited to have that option, i like the idea of buying it from a store that way return is easier, etc.

anyone out there that doesn't like the uppababy vista? the guy made me nervous....

poohbear
07-04-2011, 10:05 AM
thanks all!! i called the baby superstore great beginnings which is within an hour drive and they have the maya one and will match the albee price! the guy on the phone strongly suggested i come in and make sure i like it before buying it. he said it was really heavy and not one of his favorites. i am excited to have that option, i like the idea of buying it from a store that way return is easier, etc.

anyone out there that doesn't like the uppababy vista? the guy made me nervous....

I really like mine, though not necessarily as an everyday stroller for my 2 year old. Though if/when I have a second, it would be my main stroller for the first 6-9 months I would think. Then I'd probably switch back to the bee plus...
The vista is just heavy (relatively speaking) and is a two piece fold when the seat is reversed. When the seat is forward facing, it's a one piece fold.

HTH!

kaharris83
07-04-2011, 10:17 AM

I love Great Beginnings!! They have a ton of strollers. They also have a 20% off coupon they email each month. I just double checked and it looks like they now exclude UppaBaby, they used to have no restrictions. But if you'd like me to email it to you I can do that, in case you find a different brand stroller you like instead.

legaleagle
07-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Yes, Great Beginnings is awesome and they carry stuff nobody else around here does. Though they do have strange holes - no bumbleride, for example. You can drive down 355/270 and hit the Buy Buy Baby too if you need to.

Beth24
07-04-2011, 03:43 PM

I know you asked for anyone who doesn't love their Vista but I thought I would chime in anyways..I love my Vista. It Is a great stroller for a newborn and a baby, probably up to 2 years old, IMO. I mainly use it around my neighborhood for our daily walks and errands. And it really isn't difficult to take it in and out of the car if you want a bigger more comfortable stroller for long outings. I have an baby friendly umbrella in my car and also an AT that I will use regularly when I don't need the reversibility feature of the Vista..but right now it really is the perfect stroller for us. I also used the bassinet for almost 5 months, both on the stroller and in the house for naps.

alirebco
07-04-2011, 08:23 PM
I bought my Vista at Great Beginnings 3 years ago :) They only had one on the floor and so Uppa Baby shipped it directly to me.

Anyway, I do love my Vista for the most part. The things I don't like are how wide it is (sometimes hard to maneuver when inside places) and the fact that it doesn't have air tires so it's not as nice as a push as a Bob. It would be nice if it was a bit lighter but I can lift it in and out of my SUV no problem. I do love the huge basket, the fold is easy, and that it is reversible.

I use it for my DD and also still my DS who is 3.5. I just wear DD if I want DS to ride. It's great if we're out for the whole day because I stuff the basket with stuff and there's a place for DS if he is tired but DD is mainly riding.

myfamily3
07-06-2011, 12:03 PM
you may want to try bambi baby in jersey city. ask them about a matching memory foam stroller liner.

Hi -- I have been trying to decide on strollers and think I want to go with the UPPABABY Vista . I see that Albee baby has it in the maya yellow color for $500. Anyone had success receiving the stroller from Albee and anyone find any extra coupons to get the price even lower? I was worried reading some bad reviews on the store but I do not want to spend the $679 for the stroller and cannot seem to find a better price then Albee. I live in a metro area but there is only one used on on craigslist and it is listed at $450, so the maya yellow one seems like a good deal to me.

Thanks!
Liz

jerry_mishkata
07-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I am one of the people who did not love the Vista. I think most people love it, but for me it was not ideal -- colicky baby who didn't like the bucket seat, the wheels are not air filled and suspension (if it exists) is very minimal so the ride is quite bumpy and rickety compared to the Valco Quad I have now. Push is also not perfect for something THAT wide and it is very wide, too wide on occasion. I ended up selling it way before I even got to having a second child and thinking about doubles -- initially the rumble seat option attracted me. I would definitely NOT order sight unseen and untested. Especially from Albee which has restocking fees and what not. Check the return policy of the other stores too.

AnnieW625
07-07-2011, 02:40 PM
I bought my Vista at Great Beginnings 3 years ago :) They only had one on the floor and so Uppa Baby shipped it directly to me.

Anyway, I do love my Vista for the most part. The things I don't like are how wide it is (sometimes hard to maneuver when inside places) and the fact that it doesn't have air tires so it's not as nice as a push as a Bob. It would be nice if it was a bit lighter but I can lift it in and out of my SUV no problem. I do love the huge basket, the fold is easy, and that it is reversible.

I use it for my DD and also still my DS who is 3.5. I just wear DD if I want DS to ride. It's great if we're out for the whole day because I stuff the basket with stuff and there's a place for DS if he is tired but DD is mainly riding.

I could've written the exact same post except I bought mine off Craigslist, and my DD1 used the stroller from 2/1/2 until she was just shy of 4 and she figured out it was a stroller for the baby. The width doesn't really bother me much and it's still my preferred stroller for the mall, and even Trader Joe's if DD2 happens to be sleepy (I'll put her in that vs. the shopping cart then). My biggest issue with the stroller is the tires and the uneven wear, but I believe they have since fixed the wheel/tire issue on their newer models (mine is a 2007). I do wish they would come out with air tires though.

The bassinet was a god send as it was the only place DD1 would sleep until she was about 6 weeks old.

satchnbucky
07-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Someone posted a coupon code for magic beans - 17% off. Still more than $499 but a good deal if you wanted a different color :)

code is VISTA10