PDA

View Full Version : What's your perfect stroller combo?

Eagletmom
07-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Another mamas quote "you can be perfectly happy with just two strollers" inspired me to ask the question, What is your favorite combo?

As a mama to 4 of various ages I would have to say an AT single to Double and a single lightweight stroller.

My dream set up would be the bugaboo donkey and bee+.

But since I cannot afford this lovely combo I am hoping the MOuntain Buggy plus one and bee minus will suffice ;-)

I would love too hear what your favorites would be!

carolinamama
07-02-2011, 10:36 AM
I think I could be happy with an AT and a lightweight if it were for just one kid. At this point, I am thinking it would be hard to have just 2 strollers with a newborn coming and DS2 still needing to ride for long walks. But the reality is that tons of people do it - just not the stroller crazy freaks like me. :)

Eagletmom
07-02-2011, 10:47 AM
I think I could be happy with an AT and a lightweight if it were for just one kid. At this point, I am thinking it would be hard to have just 2 strollers with a newborn coming and DS2 still needing to ride for long walks. But the reality is that tons of people do it - just not the stroller crazy freaks like me. :)

ITA, I currently have 4 strollers but only 2 riders. I like this combo but my only requirement would that one of the two strollers would need to have a reversible seat :-)

legaleagle
07-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Picking just 2 is really hard! For one kid, I would probably pick a nice umbrella (not sure which one because there are so many nice ones out there) and the Vista. Which is all I had before I was pregnant with DS2. Of course, now I have 8 strollers (though 2 are with my sister and I really need to sell at least 2 more). And if I had a Bee that would probably change my answer.

mackmama
07-02-2011, 02:40 PM
This is an interesting question as it makes me re-think my impulse to sell the Bee+. My ideal would probably be the Bee+ and a great AT (like Terry). Or an umbrella and AT, but then there's no reversible.

LMPC
07-02-2011, 03:48 PM
I have a Fizz and a Bob, and that is perfect for me right now. When DD was smaller, I seemed to "need" more, but nowadays this is a good pair for me.

mecawa
07-02-2011, 07:08 PM
For the past 7 1/2 years my absolutely perfect stroller combo was my Mac Triumph and my BOB (both singles). Now however with DC 3 due this fall and DD2 not being quite 3 when he/she arrives, this combo is no longer going to work for me and I'm currently on a quest for a new perfect combo so far with no luck (I really do not like many doubles).

carolinamama
07-02-2011, 09:49 PM
ITA, I currently have 4 strollers but only 2 riders. I like this combo but my only requirement would that one of the two strollers would need to have a reversible seat :-)

Yeah, I technically have 8 strollers for 2 riders :bag and I don't know that you could consider DS2 a full rider. Just for long walks and when I need him completely contained. Oh, and DD isn't even born yet. I've never had a reversible stroller before though so I bought a Vista during the Gilt sale and am excited to try it. It seems so big, so I kinda anticipate selling it when DD is a year old or so but am happy to start with a reversible.

AnnieW625
07-03-2011, 01:57 AM
With DD1 the Maclaren Triumph, and the Dreamer Design single jogger were our strollers. When she got a bit older and didn't want to sit in the jogger we added an Uppa Baby Vista. She sat in the Vista fine until just before she was 4 yrs. old (so just about 18 months).

With DD2 our current perfect set up is:
Uppa Baby Vista for mall, library, and potentially the supermarket or Target if I just have her with me. The bassinet was our savior too, it was the only place DD2 would sleep until she was over a month old. I don't know what I would've done had I actually sold the stroller before DD2 arrived.

Maclaren Techno is good for quick trips and if I need to have a stroller in the car that I don't want taking up the entire trunk.

Bob Revolution Duallie is a great stroller we use it mainly for walks, theme parks, and the beach.

The well loved Maclaren Triumph is currently in my parents garage for when we visit them a few times a year. When I got the Techno I didn't have the heart to sell it. It might eventually come back home for occaisional use if DD2 ever decides she doesn't want to be much of a stroller rider but we still need a stroller for the trunk, theme parks, etc.

PGTB
07-03-2011, 02:15 PM
I have one kid and 3 strollers now: Bob, Bee+ and Micralite FF Superlite. Of course I would be perfectly fine with either Bob and Bee combo or a Bob and Micralite combo. I have a hard time parting with either the Bee or the Micralite, especially the Bee, so I always keep on justifying why I must have them all. :tongue5:

Bob is our everyday main stroller, jogger/exercise/long walk stroller and going grocery shopping - our workhorse.

The Bee is my only reversible, newborn friendly (in case we have #2), car seat carrying and more of a compact do it all stroller. We still use it for travel and sometimes for shopping in tight spaces, because it has a large basket. Sometimes I just miss it and take it out for fun.

Micralite is our "umbrella" stroller, always ready to go for a quick outing/errand/restaurant trip. I don't find it as versatile as the Bee, as it is not so great for small toddlers or babies that need to nap a lot and the canopy is zero. But it works great otherwise -it's a one of a kind AT umbrella, which can go to places where Bee cannot, really bad sidewalks, cobblestones, raised curbs, stairs, no problem.

So, my perfect combo is 3 strollers :bag:
A versatile AT that can be used for jogging and for city walking/heavy errands.
A full featured compact stroller (or midsize), reversible, great recline, big basket and car friendly, travel friendly.
A lightweight umbrella stroller

If I had two kids I would want to have:
- A double AT stroller like MBUD that would fit through standard doorways and would take a bassinet to be used for walks and to handle all terrain
- A compact newborn friendly reversible that takes a buggie board for travel and short errands - Bee+
- An umbrella stroller in case we would want to take two strollers: a Bee for the little one and the umbrella for the older one. Micralite would fit the bill.

So, maybe 3 is a magic number when it comes to strollers for me :D

swissair81
07-03-2011, 04:58 PM
If I could only have 2, I think it would be the Bee+ and the MB Duet. Nevermind that I have never tried out either of those. Otherwise, I guess the Duet would have to be a BJCMD. The Vista is too big for an only single.

RunnerDuck
07-03-2011, 05:34 PM
My workhorse Graco quattro served me well with my son. I briefly piddled around with a jogger but back then they were fixed wheeled and I didn't like it.

With my girls I had/have a bob dualie which I love/d - and piddled around with various tandems. And still have my son's quattro which is my hauling tons o' crap stroller - I use it for the kids' museum, science center, etc in the winter when I am hauling crap more than kids. Had I to do it over, the baby jogger city mini double as a car/mall stroller and the bob as an outdoor stroller MIGHT have been the perfect pair - but I don't know, you can't beat the quattro for hauling crap!

With my newest dude I think the bob single and the quattro - which is still goig strong, but kinda ugly! - is my perfect pair... primaraily because DH would probably file for divorce if I bought another one. The problem is I can't decide between old and new bob - I have the new, I just ordered the old, he's going to poop a brick...

It could be worse, right???

abh5e8
07-03-2011, 07:49 PM
P&T sport and mac quest....i have 3 riders (ages 4, 2.5 and 9 months). although triumph would have been a better choice.

poohbear
07-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Right now I only need a single, so....
BOB Revolution and Bee +
and shockingly I own both ;)

Multimama
07-03-2011, 09:15 PM
I think I could get by right now with just the Micralite Fastfold right now if I had all the accessories. :)

If I had a young baby I would *need* a reversible. So maybe Micralite Fastfold and the iCandy Peach Jogger, which is my latest reversible obsession. Assuming it could take a buggy board.

ECUPirateMom
07-03-2011, 09:54 PM
My perfect combo right now would have to be the 2011 Bob SE and the Bumbleride Flite. I have a Techno XT too but I continue to find myself going straight to the Flite for every day use. I'm excited to try out the B-Agile which should hopefully be here this week so I will report back once I get it out and play with it!!
Aimee >';'<

Eagletmom
07-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Right now I only need a single, so....
BOB Revolution and Bee +
and shockingly I own both ;)

Now that's a nice combo!

Eagletmom
07-04-2011, 12:32 AM
I think I could get by right now with just the Micralite Fastfold right now if I had all the accessories. :)

If I had a young baby I would *need* a reversible. So maybe Micralite Fastfold and the iCandy Peach Jogger, which is my latest reversible obsession. Assuming it could take a buggy board.

The iCandy peach jogger looks promising, why aren't there more reversible type joggers out there :-(

Multimama
07-04-2011, 07:48 AM
The iCandy peach jogger looks promising, why aren't there more reversible type joggers out there :-(

Strollerqueen says they are just really hard to design well. They end up being really heavy or have a really huge fold or the center of balance just isn't right because of the reversible seat so they end up not having the best push.

But the Peach is supposed to be an improved version of the Apple/Rad (better fold, lighter, nicer fabrics) which is already consider pretty much the best reversible AT, so I am excited about it. iCandy strollers have a high price tag though!

Eagletmom
07-04-2011, 09:03 AM
Strollerqueen says they are just really hard to design well. They end up being really heavy or have a really huge fold or the center of balance just isn't right because of the reversible seat so they end up not having the best push.

But the Peach is supposed to be an improved version of the Apple/Rad (better fold, lighter, nicer fabrics) which is already consider pretty much the best reversible AT, so I am excited about it. iCandy strollers have a high price tag though!

So unfortunate, there were a couple of European reversible joggers that I was drooling over but it would cost a fortune to ship.

My dream stroller would be a reversible mountain buggy that could take an add seat for a sibling :-)

hellokitty
07-04-2011, 09:29 AM
I haven't read anyone else's combos, but I think one good AT/jogger and a higher end umbrella would be perfect. Right now, my main combo is my kelty jogger (swivel wheel) and mac starck. I find that both fit my needs perfectly.

eno0609
07-04-2011, 10:56 AM
The combo that we have right now is the perfect one for us (P&T Explorer and Mac Techno XT (with buggy board/Beco carrier as needed)

What I'm hoping our perfect combo will soon be (if my 4.5 year old finally gives up wanting to sit for longer walks) is a MB Urban Jungle with the Mac XT...I really want a MB before DS gets too old (i.e. 2.5 ) and DH thinks I'm crazy for wanting to sell the P&T for a MB...:shake:

arivecchi
07-04-2011, 12:18 PM
At this stage, the perfect combo for us is the Terrain with HH and Albert Thurston.

liamsmom
07-04-2011, 12:58 PM
The only two we have now are a Bob and Al. And this combo works perfectly. I'm really considering getting something in-between like a BJCM/Bee/Uppababy Cruz and *maybe* one of those light/mid-weight strollers could replace Al. But an AT and a lightweight are my perfect combo--period.

marymoo86
07-04-2011, 02:03 PM
BJ Summit XC and Cybex Topaz

The XC really is my workhouse as I take DD strolling in the neighborhood or by the lake every weekend. Although I don't really use it all that often right now, the Cybex does great at the mall when needed.

Momto1
07-05-2011, 11:28 AM
I've got a BOB and a Mac Quest. The combo is great for us, but every once in a while I find myself longing for a BJCM. I'm not sure I would be able to replace the AT or the umbrella for the BJCM, so I think the perfect line up might need to be 3 strollers.

Then again I have only one rider and she's 2, so I can't justify another stroller right now.... at least not until my Peg Si that's on CL sells :bag

swissair81
07-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Thinking about it, I don't think I could just have 2 for 4 kids. I am currently trying to convince DH that my perfect setup is MB Duo, Swifty, and a Bee+. I would sell Al and my fully loaded Vista, and buy a bee. I have my eye on the purple one. Al is pretty, but has never been used, and the Vista is too much of a bear to bring anywhere indoors and not AT enough to use outside. I usually use Swifty and a carrier anyway, because I hate taking the Vista out. I have a bassinet for Swifty and a nest/cocoon thing from my old Bee Minus. My DH is getting annoyed at my stroller buying and selling, so I'm biding my time.

babybell
07-05-2011, 09:38 PM
BOB revo and Mac quest. Perfect for one!

georgiegirl
07-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Bob and cybex onyx.

Multimama
07-05-2011, 10:51 PM
I have a bassinet for Swifty and a nest/cocoon thing from my old Bee Minus.

Just an FYI rumor has it the old cocoon doesn't work on the Bee+. (I don't know why I know this since I've never had either!)

Kaylee31
07-05-2011, 10:55 PM
I have one kid and 3 strollers now: Bob, Bee+ and Micralite FF Superlite. Of course I would be perfectly fine with either Bob and Bee combo or a Bob and Micralite combo. I have a hard time parting with either the Bee or the Micralite, especially the Bee, so I always keep on justifying why I must have them all. :tongue5:

So, my perfect combo is 3 strollers :bag:
A versatile AT that can be used for jogging and for city walking/heavy errands.
A full featured compact stroller (or midsize), reversible, great recline, big basket and car friendly, travel friendly.
A lightweight umbrella stroller

If I had two kids I would want to have:
- A double AT stroller like MBUD that would fit through standard doorways and would take a bassinet to be used for walks and to handle all terrain
- A compact newborn friendly reversible that takes a buggie board for travel and short errands - Bee+
- An umbrella stroller in case we would want to take two strollers: a Bee for the little one and the umbrella for the older one. Micralite would fit the bill.

So, maybe 3 is a magic number when it comes to strollers for me :D

This is very similar to my thoughts! :) Except I have the Terrain as my AT; and a BJCM instead of the Bee+, and the Micralite FF as my umbrella.
I'm thinking the Cruz or a Bee would be a better replacement for the BJCM when I have another DC.

swissair81
07-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Just an FYI rumor has it the old cocoon doesn't work on the Bee+. (I don't know why I know this since I've never had either!)

Good to know. Thanks.

Eagletmom
07-07-2011, 01:02 AM
Thinking about it, I don't think I could just have 2 for 4 kids. I am currently trying to convince DH that my perfect setup is MB Duo, Swifty, and a Bee+. I would sell Al and my fully loaded Vista, and buy a bee. I have my eye on the purple one. Al is pretty, but has never been used, and the Vista is too much of a bear to bring anywhere indoors and not AT enough to use outside. I usually use Swifty and a carrier anyway, because I hate taking the Vista out. I have a bassinet for Swifty and a nest/cocoon thing from my old Bee Minus. My DH is getting annoyed at my stroller buying and selling, so I'm biding my time.

I keep talking myself out of a Vista or B-ready. I love the idea of these strollers but in reality I don't think they would get used very much. The only places I would ever use them is at a shopping mall, museum, or some other smooth surfaced event when I am all alone, which is never with 4 kids:tongue5:

I keep going back and forth on whether to get a dedicated double AT or just a single AT with a extra seat. But DD (#4) will be my last and DS (#3) is 3YO so I don't think I would use a true double all that often. Also my baby girl loves being worn, so I am hoping to enjoy baby wearing until she refuses:love5:

brgnmom
07-07-2011, 02:16 AM
currently, our most useful stroller has been the bugaboo cam - I love that it's reversible, and prefer the air tires on our stroller. DS loves riding on the buggy board & interacting w/ his baby sister. I love how the handle bar is adjustable and it goes low enough that my DS can comfortably reach the handle bar if he wants to walk next to me, versus stand on the buggy board.

blondflava
07-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Perfect combo? It depends on the season :ROTFLMAO:. When T was under 1 year, it was a Cam and a P3 (not a popular duet, I know). For a long while it was an Indie and a Mac (Indie almost a year), then I got the BJCM and thought it can be a one and only, sold the Indie and the Mac. But it got a bit big for some situations, and I picked a SC Fizz as the bare-bones umbrella on Swap.. I do miss the AT and just got a used Bob (predominantly for summer, beach and such). I can't imagine getting rid of the BJCM or the Fiz (it was cheap ;)), but do we need 3 strollers for one rider? Probably not, and I might end up selling one down the road, but which one will be a tough decision...
Bob is great for walks and beach and winter (bad winters here), BJCM is great for mall, zoo, whole day outing when space in car is important. Fizz: it was cheap :hysterical: and gets used 1-2 times a month anyway... We might just be a 3 stroller family after all...

poohbear
07-07-2011, 08:26 AM

I'm not sure why that would be, since it just straps in. The old footmuff doesn't work on the bee +, but that's because the buttons to button it on don't line up. Maybe that's what you're thinking of? Unless they made the new cocoon longer or wider, but then the old one would still work? I could be wrong, I just can't picture why it wouldn't work.
I have a friend who has a bee plus and the old cocoon, so I'll ask...

saboater
07-07-2011, 11:16 AM
For most of the first year, we got by with just a BOB. We have the Cortina that came with our carseat, but its just as bulky and heavy, so we did the BOB for everything.

Now that we have a second on the way, we got a Starck that the pregnant wife can comfortably lift in and out of the trunk for our 10 month old.
We have a duallie BOB ready for the new one, as well.

We'll probably do the double BOB for all family things, like we do the single, now.

Not sure what the wife plans to do when its just her and two kiddos in the spring, but she's the one who limits our choices, so I'm sure she'll tell me if things aren't working.

Multimama
07-07-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure why that would be, since it just straps in. The old footmuff doesn't work on the bee +, but that's because the buttons to button it on don't line up. Maybe that's what you're thinking of? Unless they made the new cocoon longer or wider, but then the old one would still work? I could be wrong, I just can't picture why it wouldn't work.
I have a friend who has a bee plus and the old cocoon, so I'll ask...

Hmm. Maybe I got the cocoon and the footmuff confused? I was thinking of women they had them on deep discount at some store and Roseyloxs was thinking about buying one. We had a whole conversation about it and the consensus was it wouldn't fit so don't waste the money. Could have been the footmuff though!

poohbear
07-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Hmm. Maybe I got the cocoon and the footmuff confused? I was thinking of women they had them on deep discount at some store and Roseyloxs was thinking about buying one. We had a whole conversation about it and the consensus was it wouldn't fit so don't waste the money. Could have been the footmuff though!

That was the footmuff ;)
The old bee footmuffs do not fit the new bee. The cameleon and universal fit it. The frog one does too, but the old bee footmuff has holes on the back and the holes do not line up on the new one, also the slots are funky because the new bee has a no rethread harness. That's what it was.
They may have made a new cocoon, but it's basically a big snuzzler with a top, so I think it would fit almost anything...

swissair81
07-07-2011, 07:15 PM
That was the footmuff ;)
The old bee footmuffs do not fit the new bee. The cameleon and universal fit it. The frog one does too, but the old bee footmuff has holes on the back and the holes do not line up on the new one, also the slots are funky because the new bee has a no rethread harness. That's what it was.
They may have made a new cocoon, but it's basically a big snuzzler with a top, so I think it would fit almost anything...

Thanks for clarifying. I was about to put it up on ebay.

poohbear
07-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks for clarifying. I was about to put it up on ebay.

Hold off ;)
If it just goes in through the straps, I can think of no reason it wouldn't work. I haven't seen anything that says otherwise. You can double check with bugaboo, but I don't think they changed the cocoon...

TxCat
07-07-2011, 10:38 PM
All this talk about Bee+ is making me want one! :bag

liamsmom
07-07-2011, 10:44 PM

That's usually how it goes around around here. ;)

swissair81
07-07-2011, 11:14 PM

as long as it's not just me :)

poohbear
07-08-2011, 09:06 AM
Bee + rocks. I could live with just my BOB and Bee+.
$650 is a huge chunk o' change though, so you have to find a deal ;)

swissair81
07-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Bee + rocks. I could live with just my BOB and Bee+.
$650 is a huge chunk o' change though, so you have to find a deal ;)

I'm sort of hoping I will win something on magic beans that I don't want, so I can sell it and buy a bee. Barring that, I will have to wait for a deal. Maybe a labor day sale. OR holiday sale. I can be patient- I think.

poohbear
07-08-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm sort of hoping I will win something on magic beans that I don't want, so I can sell it and buy a bee. Barring that, I will have to wait for a deal. Maybe a labor day sale. OR holiday sale. I can be patient- I think.

10% off enough?

vonfirmath
07-08-2011, 12:07 PM
My perfect stroller combo is 3 strollers

Graco Snugrider for the infant year

Baby Jogger City Mini for most other things
A cheap umbrella for airplane flying/keeping in the other car's trunk just in case.

TxCat
07-08-2011, 12:39 PM
as long as it's not just me :)

The Bee+ love on here is starting to make me think that this stroller can bring peace to the Middle East, cure Polio and solve the debt crisis in a single flick of it's one-piece fold.

mackmama
07-08-2011, 12:44 PM
So unfortunate, there were a couple of European reversible joggers that I was drooling over but it would cost a fortune to ship.

Just for fun, which Euro joggers? I am so curious!

Eagletmom
08-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Just for fun, which Euro joggers? I am so curious!

Maxi Cosi mura:
http://www.maxi-cosi.co.uk/gb-en/products/strollers/strollers/mura-3.aspx

Jane slalom pro
http://www.janeslalompro.org.uk/

Koelstra Latinique
http://www.koelstra.com/nl/producten/113/Latinique.aspx

Bebe confort high trek:
http://bebeconfort.com/products/pushchairs/strollers/high-trek.aspx

swissair81
08-05-2011, 06:01 PM
It's funny because my husband's family is from Europe & with all the cool strollers my 2 SILs could get there, they both got Mountain Buggies. My one SIL has whatever the Euro version of the MBUD was. She told me it costs 1500 Euro there. My other SIL had twins in December. Her MIL (who lives in Toronto) brought a Duo with her when she came to visit her new grandbabies. I'm hoping that iCandy jogger does not get distribution in Switzerland though, because I might be in trouble the next time I go visit :)

mackmama
08-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Maxi Cosi mura:
http://www.maxi-cosi.co.uk/gb-en/products/strollers/strollers/mura-3.aspx

Jane slalom pro
http://www.janeslalompro.org.uk/

Koelstra Latinique
http://www.koelstra.com/nl/producten/113/Latinique.aspx

Bebe confort high trek:
http://bebeconfort.com/products/pushchairs/strollers/high-trek.aspx

Ok, now I want one of these!! :love-retry:

Beth24
08-05-2011, 06:50 PM
It's funny because my husband's family is from Europe & with all the cool strollers my 2 SILs could get there, they both got Mountain Buggies. My one SIL has whatever the Euro version of the MBUD was. She told me it costs 1500 Euro there. My other SIL had twins in December. Her MIL (who lives in Toronto) brought a Duo with her when she came to visit her new grandbabies. I'm hoping that iCandy jogger does not get distribution in Switzerland though, because I might be in trouble the next time I go visit :)

I wonder how much that would cost...I would have a really hard time passing up a reversible AT.

scriptkitten
08-05-2011, 06:52 PM
I think I have the perfect trifecta for my twins and lifestyle.

Bob duallie
P&T vibe
Bjcmd

AnnieW625
08-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Okay I have since sold my Vista so my new combo is the Techno, and the Bob Duallie. In another year or so I'll most likely sell the Duallie, and get a single Bob, Indie, or Swift AT stroller, and either keep using the Techno or will sell it and then start using the Maclaren Triumph again that is semi retired in my parents garage.