PDA

View Full Version : BOB Revo?

kaharris83
07-03-2011, 09:40 AM
I am going to look at a BOB Revo from my local CL this morning. The pictures seem like it's in great condition. He's selling it for $200. I asked what year it was and he said he doesn't know(I'm guessing he got it from CL). He says he is selling it because they decided on a brand of carseat that doesn't work with the carseat adapter, which he's selling separately for $50. He did tell me the serial # is AF0047XX. I tried to see if there was a way to figure out what year it was by serial number but haven't been able to find any. Did BOB's change a lot at any point? Does $200 if it's in good shape sound like a good deal, even if I have no idea what year it is? I'm basically getting it to try it out, I've been really wanting to try one and I'm hoping if I decide it isn't for me I can put it back on CL and break even.

poohbear
07-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Yes $200 is a good deal. THe 2007s and older did not have as much of a recline as the newer ones.
$50 for the carseat adapter is high though - you can probably still pick one up for $35, though if you need it.
That adapter fits pretty much any seat though - my friend uses her chicco in it with the strap...
The date of manufacture should be on the bottom cross bar IIRC. I can go to the garage and check in a little bit...

kaharris83
07-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks so much for the response Poohbear!! I can always count on you to know the stroller info. :) I picked it up & its in great shape. Missing the strap for locking, but for $200 I didn't think that was an issue.

poohbear
07-03-2011, 12:08 PM
Thanks so much for the response Poohbear!! I can always count on you to know the stroller info. :) I picked it up & its in great shape. Missing the strap for locking, but for $200 I didn't think that was an issue.

:thumbsup: If it's the long yellow and black wrist strap, you can buy one for $8 plus shipping from http://www.bobparts.com/hpages/bobstroller_parts.html

I like having the strap for going down hills, etc...

kaharris83
07-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks!! That's the strap it's missing. It also has a little damage to the handlebar foam but I read elsewhere someone put a lace on steering wheel cover over their handle and that helped protect the foam from further damage. Looks like this one got gouged and the owner glued that gouge back in place.
Also in case anyone ever needs the info later when I got home I went looking for an owner's manual and those are on the BOB website by serial number which will tell you the year. Looks like this is an '05. Shocking because it really looks brand new. DS likes to sit more upright anyway so I don't think the recline difference will be an issue with him.