PDA

View Full Version : What age did you stop brining a stroller to disney?

hillview
07-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Just wondering what age is the cut off for most folks. We are heading to see the mouse in Jan. DS1 will be 6.5 years old. We took a stroller last year and were happy to have it (would have been SO sad NOT to have it).
TIA
/hillary

bubbaray
07-03-2011, 09:45 PM
We only took one stroller (with an integrated step -- P3) in March 2011 for our 4yo & 7yo. The 7yo did ride a bit, would have more if we let her. She really :heartbeat: strollers, though. The 4yo was happy to walk part of the time.

ETA: ITA with below that my girls really did love having the stroller when they were overwhelmed with the crowds.

erosenst
07-03-2011, 09:53 PM
DD was 7 when we went this year, and we were very glad to have the stroller. She gets overwhelmed by crowds, so this gave her some feeling of space. When she wasn't using it (which was often) it was a great way to lug our stuff around. Lastly, it POURED for two days - so it kept our stuff dry ;).

We rented from Magic Stroller rental the last two years - I highly recommend them.

SnuggleBuggles
07-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Disneyland in CA or Disney World in FL? Disneyland, we were 100% fine w/o one at age 5.

Beth

lmwbasye
07-04-2011, 12:08 AM
Just got back from San Diego/Anaheim this weekend. We were gone for two weeks and did a TON of walking: Sea World, Legoland (2 days), Disney, etc. Not once did DS1 (6.5) need the stroller or complain. I would think you'd be okay, but again, every child is different.

fivi2
07-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Disneyland in CA or Disney World in FL? Disneyland, we were 100% fine w/o one at age 5.

Beth

good to hear - we are not planning on taking one this summer with two 5.5 yos. I guess we can always rent if they get too tired...

hillview
07-04-2011, 09:19 AM
WDW -- I think we will bring them. Worst case we leave it at the stroller parking area for a while. DS1 will NOT be happy if DS2 has one and he doesn't and he does like the crowd protection.

Thanks all!
/hillary

AnnieW625
07-04-2011, 03:43 PM
For DL if you are doing marathon sessions (park open to park close), and it's going to be busy then I would definitely bring a stroller. We went once with DD1 and it was pretty crowded, but not horrible and we were only there for about 6 hours and DD1 did fine without a stroller. She was a few days shy of 5. A month later we took both girls and only took our Vista and it was super crowded (we went on Mothers Day) and DD1 didn't do nearly as well and could've done quite well if we'd had the double. We only stayed for 5 hours this time too, but a double would've made a huge difference.

egoldber
07-04-2011, 06:30 PM
We have not brought one specifically for older DD since she was 5. However, we had a Peg that she could ride on the back and I would sometimes use a sling for younger DD and older DD would hitch a ride for short spells.

I am planning to bring a stroller for younger DD in the fall and she will have just turned 5 when we are there.

daniele_ut
07-05-2011, 04:05 PM
I am SO torn on this issue right now. We brought our P&T for our DLR trip last October and my 6 yo actually used it quite a bit and fell asleep in it on both of our late nights. It was great to have a way to wheel both kids back to the hotel at night, since we were walking distance.

I don't know what to do about our August WDW trip, though. DH thinks I should bring the P&T again. We are staying off site and driving into the parks, btw. I have been leaning in the last few weeks toward buying a BJCM or a BJCMD, but I'm thinking the double might be overkill. I'm just worried DS and DD, who is 3, will want to ride at the same time. I need someone to make a decision for me!

cono0507
07-05-2011, 04:09 PM
This year we were there and DS just turned 6 and DD was 3.5. We brought 2 Mac Quests. We were glad to have them. At times, we'd park them and come back for them, but in/out of the park, end of a long day, etc, they were so necessary. YOu can always park it near the entrance if you find you don't need it and grab it on the way out.

AnnieW625
07-06-2011, 02:35 AM
I am SO torn on this issue right now. We brought our P&T for our DLR trip last October and my 6 yo actually used it quite a bit and fell asleep in it on both of our late nights. It was great to have a way to wheel both kids back to the hotel at night, since we were walking distance.

I don't know what to do about our August WDW trip, though. DH thinks I should bring the P&T again. We are staying off site and driving into the parks, btw. I have been leaning in the last few weeks toward buying a BJCM or a BJCMD, but I'm thinking the double might be overkill. I'm just worried DS and DD, who is 3, will want to ride at the same time. I need someone to make a decision for me!

If you know you are going to need a dedicated side by side double once your new little one arrives in January then you might want to think about buying a double anyway, but if you have a P&T with a doubles kit then that might work too.

AngelaS
07-06-2011, 06:19 AM
We went when my youngest was not quite 6.5 and she did fine without it. :D

g-mama
07-06-2011, 08:09 AM
We went last year when my youngest had just turned 5 and he did fine without a stroller.

Beginning at about age 3.5, none of my kids were willing to sit in a stroller anywhere.

daniele_ut
07-06-2011, 12:48 PM
If you know you are going to need a dedicated side by side double once your new little one arrives in January then you might want to think about buying a double anyway, but if you have a P&T with a doubles kit then that might work too.

I already have a MBUD, which I definitely would NOT consider taking on this trip! I just don't know if I really need a lightweight double since DD will be almost 4 when this baby comes. I think we either take the P&T or I buy a BJCM single and rely on DS to do a lot of walking. My only other single now is a Volo and I don't think it's substantial enough for WDW for us.