PDA

View Full Version : How much time passes between you and your SO doing the deed?

momm
07-05-2011, 03:29 PM
MODS: If this is an inappropriate thread please delete. I'm just having a slow day :)

So, how long do you and your SO go before it's DTD time? Are you happy with this timing? Any reasons other than those in the poll?

ANONYMOUS poll coming up. Give me a few minutes to set up an extensive poll.

lalasmama
07-05-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm newly single, so no SO to DTD with.

:crying::mad::irked::gloomy:

Until the recent breakup, daily. With XH, multiple times a week.

BabbyO
07-05-2011, 04:26 PM
Too long IMO....but it seems that since having DS & becoming pg again...either we are distracted, exhausted, not feeling well (me during 1st tri) or just plain not on the same wavelength/schedule. I might be interested but DH isn't remotely one day...and the next time he's interested and I'm not remotely.

I'm hoping this will change....but I know we both need to make more of an effort!

AnnieW625
07-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Unique situation here. DH and I started dating in college, and we actually lived apart more than we were together until just after our second wedding anniversary so 2 months was about the norm during the school years, plus we lived at home so unless the parents were out of town we were limited during summer and winter breaks too so our average was about once every two months. Pregnancy with DD1 we didn't do anything in the last 8 to 10 weeks I think (so at least 3 to 4 months), and then most recently I think we've gone 3 weeks.

hillview
07-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Usually it is a couple of times a week however on occasion with travel schedules it is a couple of weeks between

Corie
07-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Daily or every other day.

In the 18 years that my husband and I have been together,
my husband has never said no to the deed. The man will be
110 years old and sex would be his dying request.

SnuggleBuggles
07-05-2011, 10:17 PM
After 5 days both of us are at our max waiting period so usually it is more frequent than that. Longest wait between was the 4 weeks after ds1 was born (we only lasted 3 weeks after ds2). Longest just because was maybe 10 days but I doubt even that, probably just a week.

Beth

momm
07-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Daily or every other day.

:bowdown:
I want to be you!

lizzywednesday
07-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Since TTC our DD, we've DTD once. It was during a particularly mild morning sickness day, but the nausea returned and being on my back made me feel like puking.

During my pregnancy, I had zero interest.

After DD arrived, my C-section scar hurt too much to consider it and once I felt recovered enough, I was exhausted & stressed from a slow-gaining DD, lack of sleep and lack of DH support/sharing of childcare duties.

It's also hard to get in the mood when you've just been lambasted by your DH about not being the housekeeper his (SAH) mother was while trying to manage an increasingly mobile infant (now toddler), hold a full time job and still find the time to sleep ... but I digress.

So ... it's been about 2 YEARS since we've DTD. Yes, YEARS.

RunnerDuck
07-06-2011, 12:22 PM
WOW. I am glad to see other people with huge gaps here. I could happily live never having sex again. DH is getting antsy.

lizzywednesday
07-06-2011, 12:28 PM
WOW. I am glad to see other people with huge gaps here. I could happily live never having sex again. DH is getting antsy.

I'll be honest and say that I do miss it, but am not currently on BC and tossed our (expired) condoms shortly after DD was born. As my cycles are still irregular, I'm not confident enough about tracking/NFP to risk an unplanned pregnancy. Especially with DD's upcoming surgery and follow up!

DH misses it a LOT. As in, he's groped around trying to get me in the mood while DD is off playing or, once or twice, while she nurses (!) and I am just not having it. It's really tough trying to be a full-time employee and a full-time mom, so the full-time wife thing kind of got tossed overboard.

BabbyO
07-06-2011, 03:27 PM
It's really tough trying to be a full-time employee and a full-time mom, so the full-time wife thing kind of got tossed overboard.

:yeahthat: I SO understand this...another part-time wife here

Dream
07-06-2011, 04:34 PM
:bowdown:
I want to be you!

:yeahthat:

Myira
07-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Hardly once or so since I got pregnant :( DH keeps bringing it up now and then and its not because I lack the drive being pregnant but I certainly lack the time and energy for it so it never happens.

dec756
07-06-2011, 06:52 PM
honestly we DTD about once a day....i would say at least 5X per week. i am satisfied and happy :) we both initiate regularly.

jse107
07-13-2011, 09:06 AM
We DTD a couple of times a week. DH would do it everyday--like Corie said, it will be his dying wish. I wish my drive was higher--I could go for several weeks in between, but for the good of our marriage I make the effort. Truthfully, it sometimes is only a few minutes of my life that make him feel immensely better--so why not help him out?

Corie
07-14-2011, 04:05 PM
I wish my drive was higher--I could go for several weeks in between, but for the good of our marriage I make the effort. Truthfully, it sometimes is only a few minutes of my life that make him feel immensely better--so why not help him out?

I totally agree!!