PDA

View Full Version : Do you think I need to buy a smaller double?

ahrimie
07-05-2011, 09:35 PM
I have a newborn (3weeks) and a 3 yr old. We currently have: bug cam, bee-, duallie, g luxe. The duallie I haven't used yet and don't plan to until later but I got it for a screamin deal at a charity auction awhile ago. I have bugaboos wheely board but haven't used it yet....

Problem is, why I've started thinking I might need something like a bjcm is, my 3 yr old has started requesting the stroller whenever I take it out for the baby. Only recently did we start using the stroller less (like a month before baby was born) and until then, she was always a rider. I'm a sahm so we go to the mall and whatnot a lot without DH. I don't think I can handle taking the duallie by myself to the mall.... But maybe I need to? Should I start looking for a deal on the bjcm? I though maybe with this age gap I wouldnt need an everyday/compact double but starting to doubt myself.

ETA, I also have the vista from gilt still in the box. I was going to send it to a friend. Is getting a rumble seat for that a better solution?

RunnerDuck
07-05-2011, 10:20 PM
I take my dualie to the mall all the time. Now and then I will encounter somewhere it won't fit - but for the most part it's a great mall stroller.

Minnifer
07-05-2011, 10:46 PM
ETA, I also have the vista from gilt still in the box. I was going to send it to a friend. Is getting a rumble seat for that a better solution?Our kids are the same age... I got the gilt Vista too, to replace my 2008 one which I adored as a single. I didn't get the rumble seat b/c DD is almost at the weight limit and I have read here that it is not great as a double. Plus, I've been using it w/the piggyback board, and the stroller is just a BEAST to push w/the weight of both kids riding! I would imagine it would be just as bad w/the rumble seat. Now, I am mostly pushing it outdoors on city streets, but still... I would say send the Vista on to your friend and stick w/the Dualie :D

ahrimie
07-07-2011, 10:24 AM
I just checked on amazon for the duallie carseat adapter. Yikes!! It's $80+! And it has horrible reviews. Do I need to buy it anyway?

RunnerDuck
07-07-2011, 10:49 AM
I just checked on amazon for the duallie carseat adapter. Yikes!! It's $80+! And it has horrible reviews. Do I need to buy it anyway?

no. don't. i can put my baby in my bob with a jj cole body support which is 20 bucks - and nicer than a snuzzler which is similar. the old adaptors are more bother than they are worth.

i never had the adapter for my double but i just snagged a single with one and i feel like it make my baby seat sit more upright than i like. he seems more comfy reclined in the stroller with a body support and we started doing that at 5 weeks.

eta - i am assuming you mean the old style adapter... if you really want one for some reason REI has them for 50 something. But I really think they are more hassel than they are worth. They make it harder for the big kid to get in and out, they don't help the baby that much IMO, and it takes tools and time to install/remove... the whole thing just screams "designed by a man!!!" Not to be sexist or anything... LOL Maybe "designed by a non-parent!" is more accurate. My husband MIGHT have more sense. Might...