PDA

View Full Version : If you have/had a "difficult" sleeper...

kaitlyns.mom
07-05-2011, 11:41 PM
Did you try playing around with bedtimes to see if it helped? Did it?

DD was impossible. We walked her to sleep in the Ergo until she was 2.

DS seems to be the same. I am really bummed about that. He nurses to sleep sometimes but usually DH walks him at night, and he fights sleep like crazy. I don't really know what to tell the sitter to do... he just ends up crying in her arms when she is here (every other week or so).

Anyway, wondering if an earlier bedtime might be helpful. I refused to do CIO with DD but I am starting to reconsider... he is a different baby when he is well-rested and I am a different mama when I have more than 1/2 an hour of free time a day.

marymoo86
07-06-2011, 08:18 AM
I have a difficult sleeper and have been using an early bedtime 630pm. Last night after break from daycare and going back DD was a little cranky earlier. She was signing for milk right after eating her carrots so I took her upstairs and was going to start bath but then she started tugging my shirt. Figured I will just feed her now and she fell asleep nursing. This was at 6pm. Going to try and see if I start bedtime routine @ 530 if she will conk out at 6pm.

The swing has been our only savior to the point that I just ordered a Graco that has a 5 pt harness and 30lb weight limit. She loves motion but last night she wouldn't stay in the crib and as soon as I sat her in the swing, she turns her head and closes her eyes. Didn't need to turn it on! Wonder if it is the fleecy fabric? Its the FP my little lamb swing. I have a PBK chamois sheet but wonder if I can find a similar fabric if that will help.