PDA

View Full Version : So proud of DD birthday dinner request

melrose7
07-06-2011, 12:37 AM
I feel like I have done something right in trying to feed my children healthy and this gave me some proof. I asked DD2 what she wanted for her special birthday dinner before we celebrate with homemade cupcakes. She asked for brocooli, green beans, and carrots with dip. She kept to that and was so excited for it. I did add some buttered noodles so there would be substance to the meal. DH joked that he was going to have to pick something up to eat on his way to work. It is really odd for me since I hate vegetables but have tried hard eating them for the kids and having them around. I think it has worked.

Pinky
07-06-2011, 11:46 AM
I feel like I have done something right in trying to feed my children healthy and this gave me some proof. I asked DD2 what she wanted for her special birthday dinner before we celebrate with homemade cupcakes. She asked for brocooli, green beans, and carrots with dip. She kept to that and was so excited for it. I did add some buttered noodles so there would be substance to the meal. DH joked that he was going to have to pick something up to eat on his way to work. It is really odd for me since I hate vegetables but have tried hard eating them for the kids and having them around. I think it has worked.

Good job mom! And happy birthday DD2!

KpbS
07-06-2011, 11:52 AM
That's awesome! :cheerleader1:

smiles33
07-06-2011, 12:11 PM
That is awesome! I'm the same way--hated veggies pre-kids but have transformed my diet for my girls. Literally, at meals our "vegetables" were corn or potatoes, nothing green. Now, our girls eat all sorts of greens (broccoli, peas, spinach, kale, etc.) and I'm astonished at the colorful plates at dinnertime.

lil_acorn
07-06-2011, 03:49 PM
That is great! I love it when they make good choices too. My son ate lots of meals out with dad last week (he hadn't started camp yet) and for two meals, instead of french fries, he had either mandarin oranges or Green beans.

melrose7
07-06-2011, 10:33 PM
We even went out for dinner tonight with inlaws and as a side she asked for green beans and was a little disappointed when they came out. I usually just steam them and add a little butter but these came cold, in a sauce with bacon bits. I wish I would've know that since they also had fresh veggies as a side option. but she ate some and has been excited to tell everyone about her "special birthday dinner".