PDA

View Full Version : Update: Mojo request..

niccig
07-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Update...

I was up early as had to be there at 7am, and DS comes into the bathroom upset as he wet the bed. It's rare that he does this. I had to laugh, as it showed me that today is just a normal day...change sheets, DS in top bunk bed, then I can brush my teeth.

I passed - I got over the minimum scores that I needed, and for that I was so relieved. I was pretty sure I bombed the quantitative section as I felt very rushed and then ended up with extra time at the end. I didn't have as much timed practice as I would have like in my prep. My summer class has been quite intensive so GRE prep wasn't optimal. I have to thank Larig for telling me to use the ETS material to prep with and ThreeofUS for advice on the verbal section. It did help direct my study.

I had to laugh during the analytical section as one of the issue question was to do with parenting and social issues. I sat there channeling the BBB when I needed to write my answer. I was not as eloquent as many posters here, but I think I did fine. My argument question to critique was on a medical article with minimal statistics to support the argument - again I channeled several posters from here.

I had an experimental section to do at the end, that wasn't graded. It contained questions from the new format of the GRE. For some of the quantitative, you have to solve the problem and type in the answer. At least with multiple choice, you can narrow down and then guess, which I did for some questions. The new verbal section doesn't have analogies and antonyms, which I'm good at, but more reading passages.

Thankfully, I will not have to do the new test as I got above the minimum score I need for the grad. schools I'm interested in. :cheerleader1: and I've already had :54: and dark chocolate to celebrate! Once I do my final next week, DS and I can enjoy the rest of the summer - no more study for Mummy, well until September. Thanks for the all the Mojo coming my way today...it worked!

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

Silly request, it's not anything dire..I have the GRE tomorrow morning. I can take it again if I don't get high enough score..I just don't want to, as it will have to be in August and that's my one month for DS and I to enjoy the Summer.

THanks.

hopeful_mama
07-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Good luck, I hope you ace it!! :cheerleader1: Will be thinking of you in the morning!

goldenpig
07-06-2011, 01:21 AM
Good luck on your exam tomorrow! We're rooting for you! :cheerleader1:

MontrealMum
07-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Sending you lots of mojo!!! I'm sure you'll do great :cheerleader1::cheerleader1::cheerleader1:

elektra
07-06-2011, 02:00 AM
Good luck!

MoJo
07-06-2011, 05:40 AM
MoJo here for you!

amldaley
07-06-2011, 06:18 AM
You're right. Nothing dire. But it IS something IMPORTANT! Super successful test taking mojo floatin' your way!!!!!!!!!!

Kymberley
07-06-2011, 06:27 AM
You got it! Good luck!

boilermakermom
07-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Good luck!!!!!!! I hope you ace it!!!!

jamesmom
07-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Good luck!

TwoBees
07-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Good luck!!

SnuggleBuggles
07-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Good luck!

Beth

gatorsmom
07-06-2011, 10:44 AM
I just said a quick prayer that your mind is clear and focused and that you do well.

sste
07-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Lots of mojo.

But I strongly (strongly) suspect you don't need it. :)

maestramommy
07-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Good luck!!! Hope it went well!:cheerleader1:

niccig
07-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Update....

elektra
07-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Congrats Nicci!

hopeful_mama
07-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Congratulations! :)

larig
07-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Sorry I missed out on the mojo wishes earlier, but I'm so happy for your success! Congrats, and you certainly deserve that vacation coming up, given the long hours you've put in!! Well done!!:cheerleader1:
Eta: I was so happy to help.

niccig
07-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Sorry I missed out on the mojo wishes earlier, but I'm so happy for your success! Congrats, and you certainly deserve that vacation coming up, given the long hours you've put in!! Well done!!:cheerleader1:
Eta: I was so happy to help.

I know I could have done better on the quant too. There were a couple of questions where I was "I should be able to do this"..but I couldn't recall how to solve the problem. I really needed one extra week to study. But my score is good enough, and that's all I was aiming for.

The math prep has also helped as I have to take another standardized test for education (CBEST) and I need to sit a placement exam so I can do statistics in the Spring. I'm going to do both of these in August/early September and I should only need a quick review.

amldaley
07-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Congrats!! What a relief that must be for you and how amazing you already got the score back!!!

niccig
07-06-2011, 08:01 PM
how amazing you already got the score back!!!

For the computer scored section, they can give you the tentative results. Official results for those sections and the written section, these questions are graded by a person, are sent to you.

I can cross this hurdle off my list and move on to the next one...there's quite a few more to go, but I'll get there, one by one.

goldenpig
07-06-2011, 10:16 PM
:cheerleader1: Yay! Good for you! What a relief it must be (but we knew you could do it!)

Melbel
07-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Sorry I missed your earlier request, but I wanted to congratulate you nonetheless! What great news! :bighand: I hope you have a well deserved, relaxing summer!

lizzywednesday
07-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Great job! Enjoy your summer!!!