PDA

View Full Version : Best jogging/trail stroller for hilly roads/dirt paths?

zimm17
07-06-2011, 10:00 AM
I'm out of time to for searching, what's the best jogging/trail stroller for a 1yr old to grow up with?

I'll be using it as well as my wife. We plan to mostly jog on very hilly roads, but there are lots of groomed dirt jogging trails around as well.

I always though the BOB was the best, but Consumer Reports crapped all over it and said to get a Baby Trend, Instep or Jeep.

I'm not that concerned with price, but quality and something easy to jog with or walk on dirt trails.

poohbear
07-06-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm out of time to for searching, what's the best jogging/trail stroller for a 1yr old to grow up with?

I'll be using it as well as my wife. We plan to mostly jog on very hilly roads, but there are lots of groomed dirt jogging trails around as well.

I always though the BOB was the best, but Consumer Reports crapped all over it and said to get a Baby Trend, Instep or Jeep.

I'm not that concerned with price, but quality and something easy to jog with or walk on dirt trails.

Consumer Reports is not a reliable source when it comes to baby products. Check any other baby source and you will find the BOB ranked at the top.

Go with the BOB.

pb&j
07-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Nothing beats the suspension, push, and handling of a BOB. Consumer Reports is clearly mistaken. I have pushed both the BOB and the InStep, and you'll have to pry my BOB out of my cold dead hands.

BOB MSRP may be pricey compared to the InStep - if that's a concern, buy one used off of Craigslist (it will still look/function like new) and then sell it when you're done. You'll be out very little money in the long term. I recently sold my 3 year old BOB Duallie for just over $100 less than I paid for it brand new.

zimm17
07-06-2011, 11:02 AM
My wife just found the Chariot series- that looks interesting as it's a bike trailer too- which we will do a lot of... anyone try jogging with one? Great reviews on REI.com

arivecchi
07-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Mountain Buggy Terrain. Pricier than a BOB Revo but has many additional features - such as handbrake, metal footrest, follow the sun canopy, adjustable handlebar, front wheel that can be fixed in or out, takes carrycot (if you have other DC), among others. Check out the video on their website.

Agree with PP that Consumer Reports is downright awful for children's products.

RunnerDuck
07-06-2011, 11:19 AM
I'm kind of skeptical of consumer reports anything after we bought one of their top choice washing machines and don't like it...