PDA

View Full Version : Name Labels for camp

mrshalco
07-06-2011, 10:29 PM
DS1 is going to camp for a week. I'd like to label everything he's going with so started to look and compare companies. So far I am going to go with either Oliver's Labels or Mabel's Labels. This is what comes with each:

Oliver's Labels:
20 Originals
50 Mini
35 Stickeez Clothing
14 Shoe Labels
3 Mini Bags
Total labels: 122 for 42.29 (also has find it codes listed on tags incase something is lost it can be returned to us)

Mabel's Labels:
15 Sticky
8 Shoe
2 Bags
50 Tag Mates
80 Skinny Minis
Total labels: 155 for 49.87

I am just using our last name so I can use it for DS1 and DS2 - so having a lot shouldn't be an issue. Which company would you go with? Do you have any experience with either company? Pros/Cons?

mrshalco
07-07-2011, 09:07 AM
:BUMP:

Anyone? I'm hoping to order them today! Thanks!

towerner
07-07-2011, 10:02 AM
I voted "other." I have used Name Bubbles for all our daycare labeling (www.namebubbles.com) and I love them! I have only ever used the "Bitty Bubbles" because they are laundry and dishwasher safe, so I put them on clothing, inside shoes and on our bottles, cups, spoons, etc.

But since you are comparing pricing on camp kits, here's what their camp kit includes:
18 mini bubbles
8 fun bubbles
2 super bubbles
8 square bubbles
16 bubble toes
56 Bitty bubbles - circle (or 50 Bubble Itz - rectangle, can add phone #)
$38.88

Also, if camp is requiring their names on everything, they may ask for first and last. Our daycare requires FN & LN on all items. I attempted to label the first year using just last and they sharpied the first name onto all tags. :mad:

mikeys_mom
07-07-2011, 11:00 AM
I've used Mabel's Labels for several years and have been very happy with them. I don't order the camp/school packages because I find that I end up with items I don't need. The only type of labels I use are the tag mates and shoe labels. I find that I get better value by just ordering those items separate because I get more labels that I actually use.

I don't use bag labels - just put kids name on inside or back of knapsack.
Also, my kids aren't in daycare so I've never had to label items like bottles or sippy cups and as a result have never had a need for the sticky labels or skinny minis but a total of 90 of those labels seems like an awful lot to me for camp. I'd prefer to have more clothing labels.

hillview
07-07-2011, 12:03 PM
We use Mabel Tag Mates and love them. We are on year 3 and they stay put on clothes and lunchboxes etc. As pp said I also just use them for everything. Pretty cheap option/
/hillary

AnnieW625
07-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Another fan of Name Bubbles. I have only gotten their sampler packs though.

mackmama
07-09-2011, 11:12 PM
I haven't used any of the labels, but it looks like Oliver's Labels has a free tracking system if an item gets lost which is pretty cool.
http://www.oliverslabels.com/foundit/

BayGirl2
07-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Also use NameBubbles. We started out with a sampler pack and then bought more tiny ones for clothes. The ones we have on dishes/items have lasted well. The ones on clothes last well, but we go through more since he's always growing into new sizes.