PDA

View Full Version : Gross Freecycle.

GvilleGirl
07-06-2011, 10:48 PM
I can't believe I'm sharing this, but I was too shocked. There is a reason you are needing to repost this. Nobody wants it. I don't care how expensive it was. Eww.

"I have a bundle of thong underwear (mostly size small/ size 5) and some
bras (sizes 32B/34A) and a small sports bra.

All still is good shape and very useable. I know how expensive they are
and am hoping someone can get some use out of them.

Will go to Goodwill/ Salvation Army by Friday if not picked-up."

SnuggleBuggles
07-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Really? I am not grossed out by that for some reason. They are washable, right? Leave them out in the sun to really bleach them out. I wouldn't take them b/c I have the means to buy new but I guess it just doesn't strike me as odd. But, maybe I'm just weird and gross. :)

Beth

crayonblue
07-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Oh gross. I would be mortified to even hand over my old undies and bras! If anyone actually wanted them...

We freecycled a guest bed this past week. I was happy that I could tell the young lady that it had no bed bugs and no stains. No one had ever thrown up on it and as far as I know, no one had sex on it! (Although I didn't say that out loud cause I can't be certain and I didn't want her thinking about that, LOL!)

Thongs are on a whole different level!

elizabethkott
07-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Whaaaaat?!?!?!
Ok. I spend my life trying to keep my OWN underwear out of my @ss. Why in the heck would I want to go get underwear that has been up SOMEONE ELSE'S @SS (even if it's free @ss floss) and then put it up my @ss?!
What is wrong with people?!?!

MMMommy
07-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Whaaaaat?!?!?!
Ok. I spend my life trying to keep my OWN underwear out of my @ss. Why in the heck would I want to go get underwear that has been up SOMEONE ELSE'S @SS (even if it's free @ss floss) and then put it up my @ss?!

:hysterical:

lalasmama
07-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Whaaaaat?!?!?!

:rotflmao::yeahthat:

essnce629
07-07-2011, 12:30 AM
I don't think I'd give away my thong underwear, but I see no problem at all with the bras. After my pregnancy with DS1 I had several D and E cup bras that I wore at the end of my pregnancy. They weren't nursing bras so I didn't need them any more and gave them to my friend who fit into them. They were still in like new condition since I only wore them for 3 months or so. People post nursing bras on CL and ebay all the time and I don't see a problem with that. Good nursing bras are expensive and if you nurse a long time you probably end up needing multiple size nursing bras. The same thing goes for regular bras. Maybe the poster lost weight and they didn't fit her any more. I definately wouldn't throw them away.

kijip
07-07-2011, 01:27 AM
I am totally fine with secondhand underwear (though I do not buy it or take it) but honestly, the sort of person I would expect to take me up on this offer on Freecycle would not be someone who I would want to have my address. Honestly, I would assume that someone scoring free underpants on FC is more likely to be a pervert than a woman in my size looking for some free handmedowns. I would just donate it. Then even if it does fall into the hands of a pervert, this pervert has neither my email or my home address. Just my anonymous underpants. And because of the anonymous factor I would assume it more likely to actually go to someone who needs it. But all this is moot because I keep my underwear so long they need to go in the trash when I am done with them, and not be donated.

HonoluluMom
07-07-2011, 05:56 AM
Just wondering if the people who think secondhand underwear and bras are gross also think secondhand cloth diapers are gross as well?

Personally, I can't imagine using secondhand underwear or bras or having my DD use secondhand cloth diapers. That's just me, I'm a bit of a germaphobe.

MamaSnoo
07-07-2011, 07:11 AM
Whaaaaat?!?!?!

D@mn, you are a funny woman! :ROTFLMAO:

Used bras, I have no problem with. I borrowed several nursing bras from a friend when nursing DD. I understand that some people might be in the market for very inexpensive gently used underwear. Thongs, for me, cross a line. Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!

goldenpig
07-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Whaaaaat?!?!?!
:hysterical:
You are too funny! Can I nominate you to be a Healthy You moderator?

Jo..
07-07-2011, 02:14 PM
I bought used nursing bras (from a BBB member)! and used cloth diapers. Seriously, I don't see the issue. Bleach kills everything.

If it's been in your butt, I personally don't want it, but someone might.