PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the Mountain Buggy Duo...and is this a good deal?

barkley1
07-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Stroller on CL is a year old, chocolate brown listed for $350. Hardly used.

I am clueless on this double stroller thing. DD is coming in September, and we have an Uppababy vista for DS (age 2). I know that he will NOT like the rumble seat thing, so I'm looking for something else.

How heavy is this stroller? Is it cumbersome? I will be using it for paved roads and indoors mostly. No need for offroad capabillites or jogging.

I do want a stroller that can attach the infant seat (we have a Graco Snugride), and it looks like I can get an adapter to do that....what do you all think about this stroller? It's in my budget, too = very important!!

arivecchi
07-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Do you have a picture? Is it an Urban (one single canopy) or a Duo (two separate canopies)? When was the stroller manufactured?

barkley1
07-07-2011, 12:01 PM
It's the one w/ 2 canopies...there was no picture, but the guy emailed me and said it was in "perfect" condition b/c they never really used it much, and it was less than a year old (so I assume manf in 2009 or 2010 - does that matter?).

Another ??: will it fit in the trunk of my Camry? I just thought of that!!

Neelloc
07-07-2011, 12:11 PM
I had a MBUD and it fit in the trunk of my Olds Alero. I didn't think it was heavy for a double. It's 29 inches wide so it will fit through a standard doorway so that helps for indoor use.

poohbear
07-07-2011, 01:49 PM
It's the one w/ 2 canopies...there was no picture, but the guy emailed me and said it was in "perfect" condition b/c they never really used it much, and it was less than a year old (so I assume manf in 2009 or 2010 - does that matter?).

Another ??: will it fit in the trunk of my Camry? I just thought of that!!

For a 2010 or newer, yes it's a good price.
For a 2009, not as much...

Kaylee31
07-07-2011, 02:13 PM

The 2009s and prior are the MBUDs-- which only had one canopy that was kind of skimpy. The 2010s and newer are the Duos, and have 2 individual canopies that are bigger and have a pop-out mesh visor. I *think* the Duos are slightly narrower too. That is a great price for a Duo!
The MBs have a long fold though and may be hard to fit in your trunk. It also may be more stroller than you need if you will be mainly using your double indoors. I would consider getting a BJCMD instead.

arivecchi
07-07-2011, 03:19 PM
The 2009s and prior are the MBUDs-- which only had one canopy that was kind of skimpy. The 2010s and newer are the Duos, and have 2 individual canopies that are bigger and have a pop-out mesh visor. I *think* the Duos are slightly narrower too. That is a great price for a Duo!
The MBs have a long fold though and may be hard to fit in your trunk. It also may be more stroller than you need if you will be mainly using your double indoors. I would consider getting a BJCMD instead.:yeahthat: