PDA

View Full Version : I need a drink and it's only 10 AM....

lowrioh
07-07-2011, 10:07 AM
So we have been sending DD1 to a local nursery school 2 mornings a week since September. It was a hard transition but after a month she loved it. It is a really small operation run out of a local church. At the beginning of the year there were 3 teachers, a 78 year old who has been running the program for over 30 years (she is a bit crotchety but deals mostly with the older 3s and 4 year olds), a 40 something loving mother of 5 and a 20 something who is a bit of a ditz but extremely loving towards the kids(they had the 2 and young 3 year olds).
So midway through the year the 40 something who was everyone's favorite teacher gave her resignation effective the end of the school year and made it clear that she was leaving because of the old lady. We were upset by this but decided to take a wait and see approach since the school is local, and all of DDs little friends were there. They old lady hired a retired K teacher to replace her and again we weren't sure but thought we would try it out. This week the summer program started and the first day started out OK. Last night (at midnight) the old lady sent out an email saying the young 20 something teacher resigned suddenly effective immediately. Again we were upset but I talked to one of the other moms and she said that she was going to volunteer for the day (something she has done in the past) and report back.
I guess drop off did not go well. The teachers dismissed my friend's offer to volunteer, DHs concerns were brushed off and then the new teacher basically started to attack DDs behavior when DH told her they were leaving for the day. The conversation ended in him asking her if she was mentally ill.
So now I have to figure out where to put DD next year and then see if we can organize a parent's meeting with the Methodist pastor who is the head of the "board" of the school.....
sigh....not the way I wanted to spend my Thursday. If only I could sneak a flask into work :)

kedss
07-07-2011, 10:35 AM
hugs, hope you find a good place for her, I know how hard it is to find a place where your kids are happy.

bubbaray
07-07-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm so sorry. I had to laugh at your DH asking the teacher if she was mentally ill. It must have been one heck of an interaction to trigger that, LOL.

Hope you find the perfect school soon!

mommylamb
07-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Ugh. I find daycare problems one of the most stressful parts of parenting by far. So sorry. Good luck with finding a new place.