PDA

View Full Version : x-wide shoes

legaleagle
07-07-2011, 10:41 AM
So I just got DS2 (13 months) his first pair of "real" shoes since he's walking well in stride rite 5 x-wide (as measured by the really good shoe store). What other brands are good for the fat footed? Are any of the brands without widths (see kai run, etc.) wide enough? He did try on a pair of keens that seemed to fit well but they were too stiff and he was tripping.

HIU8
07-07-2011, 11:11 AM
new Balance
Tsukihoshi (http://www.zappos.com/tsukihoshi-kids)
Jumping Jacks

DD wears a wide and or xwide and these brands are pretty much all she has ever been able to fit into other than SR. The new balance were the stiffest. The Tsukihoshi are very flexible and machine washabe. The Jumping Jacks we have had have been shoes and not sneakers, but they have held up really well.

legaleagle
07-07-2011, 11:39 AM
thanks! DS1 had a pair of jumping jacks that he really liked at one point but his feet are merely wide so I didn't realize they come in x-wide too.

HIU8
07-07-2011, 12:15 PM
My DD's feet are extremely wide. She loves the crossover MJ's. HOWEVER, they all cut into her foot (SR, Tsukihoshi etc...). The only ones she can wear that fit properly are a MJ shoe from Jumping Jacks. Honestly, her shoe variety is severely limited by brand b/c of her wide feet, but at least the brands that do work make some nicer looking styles for girls. I don't know if Jumping Jacks actually come in xwide or if they just happen to run very wide. I never bothered to ask--just was glad something fit.

AnnieW625
07-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Up until this last year DD1 has been a XXW. Right now she might be on the verge of being just an XW or maybe even a single W :boogie:

For sneakers New Balance, and also Vans slip ons worked too, but DD1 hasn't gotten any in a year or two.
For sandals Crocs, and Salt Water Sandals.
For regular shoes Pedipeds.
The sparkly ballet flats (red, white, or black) from Target have also worked.

We tried Jumping Jacks Mary Janes and they weren't wide enough. I also bought her a pair of Stride Rite sneakers and they fit, but they weren't very well made. I am thinking of trying Adidas Super Star on her this year because she needs all white shoes, but I don't know how they will work; we'll most likely stick with New Balance.

See Kai Runs worked well for us too although I think they ran a little short, but that's probably because she needed the slightly bigger size to accomodate the width, but for a non wide shoe I think they were great as are Pedipeds, Crocs, and Vans. I can't wait to see what See Kai Run introduces in their new big kid line next month.