PDA

View Full Version : What should I look for in a multivitamin?

TwoBees
07-07-2011, 12:06 PM
I bought Vitafusion Multivites gummy vitamins yesterday and when comparing it to regular Centrum, these vitamins don't contain the same amount of certain nutrients. So now I'm confused--what do I need to look for in a multivitamin? How much of what vitamins and minerals?

bubbaray
07-07-2011, 12:07 PM
If for your kids, our dentist recommends NOT gummy vitamins.

TwoBees
07-07-2011, 12:11 PM
If for your kids, our dentist recommends NOT gummy vitamins.

No, it's for me. I thought gummies might be easier on my stomach, and just more tasty in general. Maybe I'd be less likely to forget to take them that way.

gatorsmom
07-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Will you be trying to conceive any time soon? If so, it's good to keep taking folic acid. If you live in a cold climate and/or don't get enough sun or Vitamin D in your diet, that's something to look for. I dont' eat enough red meats or other foods containing iron, so I definitely have that in my vitamin (and take a stool softener to counter the constipation I get with iron supplements). Those might be a few things to think about.

bubbaray
07-07-2011, 01:08 PM
I use Kirkland vitamins. I take a multi, calcium+magnesium+D, separate V, Omega 3. The omega 3 and D are recommended (specifically the Kirkland brand) by my asthma dr.

Now, if I could just remember to take them, life would be grand...