PDA

View Full Version : Music Classes for Tots

PMJ
07-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Kindermusik vs. Music Together?

Is there any real difference? Looking into both, which seem to be the same cost.

Just curious on everyone's experience w/them.

egoldber
07-07-2011, 12:52 PM
I would go with whichever has the better teacher. I *adored* our Kindermusik teacher, but I wsn't wild about the program itself.

bubbaray
07-07-2011, 01:02 PM
I'd probably try MT first, mainly because we had a bad experience with a KM teacher locally. I have heard good things about MT.

ahisma
07-07-2011, 01:18 PM
We tried both. I wouldn't go back to Kindermusik if they paid me to. We wound up doing Music Together for 3 years (until DS aged out).

I think it has a lot to do with the individual teacher, although I do enjoy the MT program much more. I think of Kindermusik as entertainment, more than music. We actually LIKE the MT music, which is huge in my book:)

mommyp
07-07-2011, 01:26 PM
They usually offer a free class visit, so I would try both and see which you prefer. I agree that it is probably the teacher that makes the biggest difference and would go with whichever one I liked better. DD and I did Kindermusik for a year (before she was in preschool) and the teacher was fantastic.

SnuggleBuggles
07-07-2011, 01:41 PM
I chose Music Together for price. Loved it so it was a good choice

Beth

maydaymommy
07-07-2011, 02:00 PM
We tried both. I wouldn't go back to Kindermusik if they paid me to.

:yeahthat:

Personally, I find listening to the music of KinderMusic to be analogous with hearing fingernails on a chalkboard. Tried two different teachers and they were both stereotypical "church ladies" who were older and made the music all the more inaccessible.

I guess with a good teacher it would be more tolerable. Definitely worth taking sample classes. I did that with about 4 different programs to find the right one.

teedeedee
07-07-2011, 02:07 PM
We too had a bad KM experience. We do The Music Class and we LOVE it! TMC was originally out of Atlanta, but it is showing up other places now. We live in the Midwest. It is amazing & worth every penny.

Kindra178
07-07-2011, 02:29 PM
You didn't suggest this, but we love Musikgarten.

TxCat
07-07-2011, 02:34 PM
We've been doing Music Together for about 5 months now and I love it! I definitely think the fact that our teacher is amazing is a big part of it. I agree with the others about looking into a trial or preview class for each.