PDA

View Full Version : What bottles will you use?

janine
07-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Last time around I used BPA free bottles , especially the Medela ones.

This time around I do have some unused Green to Grow onces I'd like to use, but will pick up some Evenflo glass ones. I used some glass ones last time (Born Free) but they were cumbersome and difficult to use in the bottle warmer. But with all the speculation over BPA free plastic, I suppose I should use more glass.

What will you do?

nrp
07-07-2011, 12:46 PM
I used old Avent bottles with DD (2006-2007) until I started to hear about BPA and then switched to the Playtex drop-ins, which I used for DS. I will probably have a couple of those, as they are easy and light, and I don't have to worry about dishwasher/heat deterioriation of the plastic since they are disposable. But, I'm probably going to invest in a few packages of evenflo glass for this next baby.

Myira
07-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Last time with DD we initially used Medela BPA free and I pumped into them as well, but then switched to playtex drop-ins which really releaved DD's gas issue. Liked that did not have to worry about plastic deteriorating in the dishwasher with the dropins. I also have the adapter kit to use the playtex dropins with PISA pump.

This time i am wondering if I should invest in a few glass bottles for expressed BM storage. Else we'll just use the playtex dropins.

vonfirmath
07-07-2011, 01:06 PM
We have Tommeee Tippeees

AnnieW625
07-07-2011, 01:08 PM
With DD1 we used Playtex Vent Aire, then Avent through sippy cups.

With DD2 I had all good intentions of using glass but I only had 8 oz. Evenflo bottles and never ended up using them. We started with Medela for ease of use because I was pumping, but those added to her reflux pains so we did Dr. Browns, which I really liked and they helped with the gas and I didn't find the parts cumbersome at all (easier than the Ventaire ones), but DD2 developed a long suck while breast feeding which was painful due to the narrow nipple so we switched to the honey colored Avents. We used those a good six months until one time we accidently forgot a bottle at daycare and we're headed to visit some family (not near a BRUS or Target) so I got a Playtex Drop Ins bottle and found true love. Seriously once she got used to the nipple it was like heaven on Earth. Her spitting up which had been managable stopped all together. It could just be a coincidence (because she is 14 mos. old) but she is also now off her Zantac and we've been really happy with the Playtex bottles. We plan to switch back to the Avents to use as sippies as soon as she gets a few more teeth and we don't have anymore drop in liners.

BayGirl2
07-10-2011, 02:45 PM
DS had a latch problem and we had to pump and supplement early on. We used the BreastFlow bottles and I think they actually helped with his latch. They have a two layer nipple and the baby needs to compress and suck, very similar to BF.

Later on we used the medela ones, once he had a strong latch and confusion wasn't an issue. This time I'll still use the BreastFlow if we need them early on and switch to Medela later. If you have a medela pump and are using them for pumping anyway, that is the easiest way to go. I like to avoid moving milk between containers when I can.

secchick
07-11-2011, 03:15 PM
I'll use the Sassy/MAM ones again. I can't use glass because it is prohibited at the daycare, and that is the only place the baby will be receiving bottles. I refuse to use Avent, because I used them for DD and wrote to them in 2006 or so about my concerns about their plastic and got a pretty dismissive reply.