PDA

View Full Version : Bumbleride Indie Twin Color

ashleybama24
07-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Ok so I think I want to try the Indie Twin as my AT double. Should I get the Seagrass or the Ocean? I will have two boys, one will be a newborn and the other a 20mo old toddler.

Kaylee31
07-07-2011, 01:56 PM
I like both colors a lot. The Ocean will probably be easier to keep clean since it's a darker fabric though.
The Seagrass is $590 here.
http://www.mylittlechild.com/products/Bumbleride-Indie-Twin-Stroller-in-Seagrass-2010.html
Have you made an Amazon Baby registry? You could get 10% off, which brings the Ocean down to $630.

echoesofspring
07-07-2011, 02:20 PM
That's a tough pick! We have the seagrass, love it and haven't had any problems keeping it clean (yet), but had ocean been available I bet DH would have voted for it. I don't think you can go wrong either way

AnnieW625
07-07-2011, 02:36 PM
I like the seagreen, but voted for Ocean as it's less likely to get dirty, but every stroller I have ever owned has had at least some navy blue in it so I guess I am just partial to navy blue.

mom3boys
07-07-2011, 03:09 PM
I voted Ocean as I did see a Seagrass one at the park recently where the light blue part was very dirty, and well, boys tend to get dirty! Of course you might find a better deal on a Seagrass. There is an Ocean on eBay for $619+ free shipping (Buy it Now option), another for potentially less but you'd have to bid so might not be less after all.

kep
07-07-2011, 04:55 PM
I like both colors a lot. The Ocean will probably be easier to keep clean since it's a darker fabric though.
The Seagrass is $590 here.
http://www.mylittlechild.com/products/Bumbleride-Indie-Twin-Stroller-in-Seagrass-2010.html
Have you made an Amazon Baby registry? You could get 10% off, which brings the Ocean down to $630.

Hmmm, I actually might prefer the 2010 version. Has anyone ordered from My Little Child?

mackmama
07-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Seagrass! I think the Ocean is kinda boring. :bag

ashleybama24
07-07-2011, 06:39 PM
I know...I thought the same thing. I caved and got the Ocean. I'm hoping I can find some cute liners for it to make it less boring. I mainly use my AT's outside and the thought of pushing such a pretty stroller and having it get muddy or rained on made me think twice. Plus my son is soooo into dirt and leaves and rocks I could just see him getting it filthy from the park. Although I am the anal mother who brings a change of clothes with us where ever we go....

mackmama
07-07-2011, 06:42 PM
Sounds like you definitely made the right choice. It would be a bummer to get the seagrass and have it get dirty. It does look like the Ocean would stay a lot cleaner. Congrats on your purchase!

hollissmama
07-07-2011, 08:01 PM
oh yes awesome choice mama. I am that same anal parent, if something is stained I get rid of it. I am crazy, it killed me when I had a used joovy in light green that was dirty and wouldn't come clean, it made me not want to use it! So I wanted seagrass but I have 2 toddler boys so no way it was gonna stay clean plus parks, trails and outside is what we needed it for so yup dirt! I didn't want to worry if their feet were clean, so we went with walnut. I adore the natural fabric the inner fabric is SOOOO soft and wicks away the moisture since it is bamboo. Love it! I also ordered form my little child and they are amazing, way helpful and got the stroller in the exact time they said. Really great company! I wish I could get a twin, I only have the single. I hear my 4 year old whine a lot. :)
great choice and yah for bumblerides! best stroller I've ever tried. :)

poohbear
07-07-2011, 08:42 PM
I know...I thought the same thing. I caved and got the Ocean. I'm hoping I can find some cute liners for it to make it less boring. I mainly use my AT's outside and the thought of pushing such a pretty stroller and having it get muddy or rained on made me think twice. Plus my son is soooo into dirt and leaves and rocks I could just see him getting it filthy from the park. Although I am the anal mother who brings a change of clothes with us where ever we go....

I LOOOOOOOVE the ocean :)
The seagrass makes me a little dizzy ;)

roseyloxs
07-08-2011, 06:02 AM
I voted for the seagrass. I had a seagrass and loved it. The ocean looks gorgeous in pictures but multimama saw it in person and said it was better in the pictures. I love deep blue though so I can't wait until I get to check the color out for myself.

ashleybama24
07-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Ok now you are all making me think I should cancel my order and get the Seagrass! The only store to carry BR here went out if business and their other location never got any of the 2011's in stock so I can't see it in person.

blondflava
07-08-2011, 07:19 AM
I'm sure you'll be happy no matter with color you went with... I voted Seagrass just because one of my friends from Mommygroup has it and I can't stop staring, it's beautiful! But yes, she has 2 boys, 1 and 3 (almost 4 now) and it does get dirty. The fabric is very easily removable though (I used to have a single in Koa brown) and easy to wash. The ocean will look smashing with liners, I agree, Seagrass is busy as is without them...
Oh, if DD's feet got muddy after a park walk, I'd just took her shoes off on the way back!

arivecchi
07-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Go with ocean. The seagrass ones I have seen are dirty in the footwell area. That would drive me nuts. I like my strollers to look great after years of use.

P.S. you could look into using skip hop saddlebags in uptown stripe as a parent console. They really liven up my black MB Duo. I can post pics if you are interested.

arivecchi
07-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Here's a pic:

https://picasaweb.google.com/LPMomChitown/MountainBuggyDuoInBlackDot?authkey=Gv1sRgCKXrwcjy_ 5j5Jg#5621977422415634146

ijopint
07-08-2011, 11:55 AM
what is the color of your other stroller?
I would go for the color I do not have curently on my stroller stash.
If you owned a blue stroller already , then go for seagrass, I saw one it's gorgeous.

Kaylee31
07-08-2011, 12:04 PM
I think you made the right choice in getting the Ocean. I think it will be more durable, and isn't the natural fabric made to wick away moisture too? That is a big plus to have in TX!

ashleybama24
07-08-2011, 12:39 PM
I have a green b-ready, al is tan and plaid, BJCE is light blue and black.

Love the skip hop bags...so adorable with the MB!

ijopint
07-08-2011, 01:17 PM
yeah, seagrass adds a combo color to your stash although I love the Java color with a nice printed liner on it from Etsy!