PDA

View Full Version : Would you complain about this?

deborah_r
07-07-2011, 02:59 PM
On 4th of July, we had low-key plans, basically I was going to take the kids swimming in our apartment building pool (we had not been in yet this summer) and then go to fireworks. It was so hot, I couldn't be bothered with anything else.

Our pool is rarely used. Some people in the building have told me they have never used it at all. No reason to expect a crowd.

Apparently, the building manager invited about 20 of her family/friends for a party. I have been in the building 10+ years and have never seen this. Our lease states only tenants are to use the pool, however many people bring a guest or two in now or then. We have had our out-of-town family in the pool. But not a party, never more than 3 people besides us. I assumed that clause was in the lease to prevent this very thing from happening. Seems like a liability for the owners if someone were to drown or be injured in a drunken pool party.

The first thing that bothered me: people drinking from beer bottles. I thought glass bottles near a pool were a no-no (broken glass, bare feet, bad combination)

2nd thing: people sitting at the edge of the pool, feet in the water, eating massive drippy hamburgers. Eeew.

3rd thing: capacity - the official capacity for the pool is 8 people. It is not a large pool. Capacity was likely exceeded - I think it was exceeded when I went down to swim with the boys, whom I had promised could swim that day, and basically crashed their party.

I don't expect it to be our private pool and have no issue sharing with people, but having a large group like that I think makes other people feel like they can't use the pool. And who could I complain to? The manager? It was her party.

So, I could complain to the owners, but it will obviously get back to the manager. I think this was very poor judgment on her part, and I wonder if she cleared it with the owners.

arivecchi
07-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I would complain to the owners. That was a very bad decision on her part and they should know about it.

Ceepa
07-07-2011, 03:02 PM
If you haven't seen this in 10+ years I would let it go as a July Fourth party that got a little out of hand. Personally I wouldn't even complain.

hillview
07-07-2011, 03:07 PM
If you haven't seen this in 10+ years I would let it go as a July Fourth party that got a little out of hand. Personally I wouldn't even complain.

:yeahthat:

If it was often I'd complain
/hillary

MMMommy
07-07-2011, 03:15 PM
If you complained to the owner, would you do so anonymously? And even if you did complain anonymously, would the manager know it was you that complained? If it were me, I probably would let it slide as a one-time thing and not stir the pot with the manager. If it happened again or regularly, I would bring it up to the owner.

sunshine873
07-07-2011, 03:39 PM
If you complained to the owner, would you do so anonymously? And even if you did complain anonymously, would the manager know it was you that complained? If it were me, I probably would let it slide as a one-time thing and not stir the pot with the manager. If it happened again or regularly, I would bring it up to the owner.

:yeahthat: