PDA

View Full Version : Help Naming the New Guy Please

doberbrat
07-07-2011, 03:21 PM
So we just adopted this cocker. 18mo B&T boy. Very sweet, huge, horribly bred cocker. But, already, I love him.

He came with the name Enrique which we hate. We've been calling him Rique, Ricky, and Rico Suave. But last night, he told the communicator that he doesnt mind if we change his name and it doesnt have to be similar.

SO...... looking for suggestions. Personally, I'm lobbying for Teddy (Bear) dh says 'ehh'

Thanks!!!

deborah_r
07-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Fun! I'll go with Fritz.

BabyDahl
07-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Vader (as in Darth), if you have a DS/DH into Star Wars.
The Sitch, if you like Jersey Shore (Mike, the Situation; never seen the show, I just watch TMZ).
Bob, because it's so NOT a dog name.

sunshine873
07-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Enrique? Ugh.

How about Rocky. Paddy? I don't know, I'm horrible at names, but I do know Enrique is totally wrong for him!!! :) He's super-cute. Congrats on your new family member!

weech
07-07-2011, 03:33 PM
I like Frankie or Freddy for him. He looks like an old soul :) So cute!

Trigglet
07-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Oh sweet - is he a cocker/rotty cross?

I like Rocky the cocker! :bighand:

AngelaS
07-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Griswold
Grover
Leo

Nicsmom
07-07-2011, 03:38 PM
You can go with Kike (pronounced kee Ke) which is the short name for Enrique in Spanish, but if you may want something totally different from Enrique.

wellyes
07-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Very cute!
Looks like a Doug to me.

bubbaray
07-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Toby?

Though I do like Griswold....

So, you use a pet communicator? That sounds like fun. Though, honestly, I don't want to know what my dog has to say to me. He has "the look" which both DH and I know means "F off".

ETA: Why not ask the pet communicator what he wants his name to be?

hellokitty
07-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Lol, Enrique? I don't blame you for hating it. How about, Bear? He looks like a little bear with that black fur!

Trigglet
07-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Perhaps we should have a contest for the silliest/most inappropriate names our pets came to us with?!

Our second miniature schnauzer came to us called 'Hot Sauce'. Admittedly, he did come from Cajun country, but a more ill-fitting name you couldn't imagine. He is the softest, soppiest creature. Imagine calling his name in the park...'Hotty....Hoooottttyyyy!!!'.

twowhat?
07-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Samuel. As in Samuel L Jackson. That's who popped into my head when I saw your sweet pup's face.

BabyDahl
07-07-2011, 04:35 PM

I like Rocky the cocker! :bighand:

Oh yeah, I totally change my vote. I :heartbeat: the name Rocky! (My pup's Roca)

wimama
07-07-2011, 04:40 PM
I like the Rocky suggestion!

infomama
07-07-2011, 04:44 PM
He looks like a Tucker or Cooper to me.

mackmama
07-07-2011, 04:55 PM
So cute! Congrats on your new family member! I'd also ask the communicator to ask your new pup what he might like to be called. When I looked at his pic, the first names that came to mind are Scoop and Badger. Odd, I know - but that's what came to me.

elizabethkott
07-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Ed. The first name that popped into my head was Ed.
And then upon further reflection, Toby.
I don't know why.
Are you going to compile a list and put it to the communicator? :)

ourbabygirl
07-07-2011, 05:10 PM
What a cutie!
How about "Joe" (as in Joe Cocker, who sang "You are so beautiful") :)

Whatever you decide, let us know!

MaiseyDog
07-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Perhaps we should have a contest for the silliest/most inappropriate names our pets came to us with?!

Our second miniature schnauzer came to us called 'Hot Sauce'. Admittedly, he did come from Cajun country, but a more ill-fitting name you couldn't imagine. He is the softest, soppiest creature. Imagine calling his name in the park...'Hotty....Hoooottttyyyy!!!'.

lol, you are obviously not around Ole Miss territory. I know loads of folks with pets named Hotty usually along with another pet named Toddy.

gatorsmom
07-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Admittedly, he did come from Cajun country, but a more ill-fitting name you couldn't imagine. He is the softest, soppiest creature. Imagine calling his name in the park...'Hotty....Hoooottttyyyy!!!'.

I could totally see a fluffy dog from Cajun country called "Thibodeaux" or "Bubba." :rotflmao:

OP, is there something regional that you think would be fun? for example, DH is from Texas and wants to name our next dog either "Shiner" after Shinerbok beer or "Stetson." Our last dog was named "Tequila." DH gave him that name in college. :rolleye0014:

g-mama
07-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Samuel. As in Samuel L Jackson. That's who popped into my head when I saw your sweet pup's face.

We have friends who have a miniature dachsund named Samuel L. Jackson. It cracks me up every time I hear them refer to him or call him his name. I love it. :ROTFLMAO:

Tondi G
07-07-2011, 06:35 PM
cooper
frankie
charlie
dudley
roscoe
bosco
bandit
baxter
toby

EllasMum
07-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Rudy

In the first picture, my immediate thought was "OMG he looks like Darth Maul!" (another Star Wars reference - sorry :bag) He is a cutie, though! Congrats!

DietCokeLover
07-07-2011, 08:32 PM
First name that came to mind was Scamp.

He's darling.

wendibird22
07-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Elmer
Brian (like the dog on Family Guy)
Oxo
Charlie
Doug
Baxter
Scout

trcy
07-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Toby?That was the first name that came to my mind after seeing his picture. Congrats on your new family member!

american_mama
07-07-2011, 10:18 PM
I know nothing about dogs, or pets for that matter. I got the cocker reference, but didn't understand the B&T thing and read the thing about a communicator about five times, not understanding. I had to open the photo to see if you adopted a dog or a boy who didn't speak English!

infomama
07-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Maybe Spencer.....

Clarity
07-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Garth. He looks like a Garth.

doberbrat
07-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Enrique? Ugh

Apparently, the former owner thought cockers were from Spain so she wanted to give him a Spanish name. *LOL*

:) um no, he's a "purebred" cocker. With papers from the American Canine Association. IOW, the Puppy Millers couldnt even be bothered to get AKC certified. No matter - he's a rescue so I didnt support the industry so to speak.

LOL You guys came up w/some good ones.
Samuel - Godson's name
Fritz- bil's name
Toby - my former cat
Leo bf dh (they arent dog people and would be offended)
Bubba is dd2's lovey
Tucker is the name he had before his last. I think it was given to him in the mill so I'd like to forget about that one.

Bear is one of my faves but was vetoed by the rest - so was Rocky. We arent Star Wars fans and have never seen Jersey Shore - we dont have cable.

I'm still lobying for Teddy. He seems to answer to it when we try it oug.

And yes, I'm going to schedule another visit w/the communicator so he can pick it from the final list.

California
07-08-2011, 01:29 AM
Teddy short for THeodore Roosevelt. DH can call him Theo or Roosevelt. Perfect fit for a dog with such strong features. :)