PDA

View Full Version : Need help: How much pizza to order??

sewarsh
07-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Having DDs 5 YO bday party and are expecting 18 4-5 year olds'.

I'm going to have little waters, pizza and cake.

How many large pizzas do you suggest? (Large = 16'' or 8 slices which we'll have double-cut).

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
07-07-2011, 05:02 PM
I'd bet on 1 piece per kid with maybe an extra 10 slices on hand for them. Most kids seem to just eat the 1 and then run off to play. The extras would be just in case you have a hungry little one. But, if there is a chance that parents will be there then I would go with 2 slices/ kid. I don't think that parents tagging along to the party necessarily expect a meal's worth of food so 1 slice, for a snack, is probably good unless it is at meal time. If meal time then 1 slice/ kid and 2/ adult would be what I buy. I don't mind left over pizza and I like to err on the side of everyone being fed.

Beth

wellyes
07-07-2011, 05:45 PM
Six large pizzas, and I'd add a green salad and some fruit.

Jo..
07-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Two slices per kiddo, many will only eat one. I'd order five pies to be safe.

If you have any grown-ups to feed, I'd add 3 or so slices per adult.

Momit
07-07-2011, 08:19 PM
And have them slice it into smaller pieces (so each regular size slice becomes 2 smaller ones).

MMMommy
07-07-2011, 08:24 PM
I would account for two slices per child. Many will only eat one. But I always like to err on having more than enough, versus too little.

DrSally
07-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Another vote for over ordering w/2 per child. I also like the idea of cutting in smaller pieces. Is it drop off or will there be parents present. If parents are going to be present, I'd order for them too.