PDA

View Full Version : What do you order at Chipolte?

DrSally
07-07-2011, 11:20 PM
I went for the first time in yeeeears today. I ordered the chicken burrito bowl. It was good, but I found the rice to be soggy filler. I didn't even finish the rice. Would I have better luck with the steak or chicken salad? (fewer cals too). Also, can you sub the fajita onions/peppers for beans on any item. I just wonder which would be healthier. Who knows how much butter/fat is in the veggies, KWIM?

sewarsh
07-07-2011, 11:25 PM
When I go, I splurge.
I order the big-ass burrito. I leave out cheese and guac and only add a little sour cream. Thats about as healthy as I get when I'm there.

SnuggleBuggles
07-07-2011, 11:25 PM
I buy a burrito. :) I eat half of it and save the rest for the next day or for dinner. I just do rice, chicken, pinto beans, no dairy and the fresh salsa.

Beth

DrSally
07-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Oh look, I found the nutrition info. The fajita veggies are only 20 cals. It's not that many more cals to have it in a burrito. The corn salsa has a comparativly high cal count. I guess the key would be to leave out the cheese, guac, and sour cream (or only have a little).

http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/menu/nutritional_information/nutritional_information.aspx

Here's a calorie calculator for *your* burrito:
http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

ETA: so my chicken burrito bowl today was 645 cals.
I could get it down to 380 by swapping fajita veggies for the black beans, green salsa for the corn salsa, and skipping the cheese! I actually wouldn't be suffering w/any of those subs. Or I could get very similar cal count by taking out the rice and adding the black beans back in (which would taste better to me).

sweetsue98
07-07-2011, 11:28 PM
I get the chicken burrito bowl bc I tell myself its healthier. I add everything on it and get chips to dip with! I'm getting so hungry thinking about it.....yum!

SnuggleBuggles
07-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Oh look, I found the nutrition info. The fajita veggies are only 20 cals. It's not that many more cals to have it in a burrito. The corn salsa has a comparativly high cal count. I guess the key would be to leave out the cheese, guac, and sour cream (or only have a little).

http://www.chipotle.com/en-us/menu/nutritional_information/nutritional_information.aspx

Here's a calorie calculator for *your* burrito:
http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

I found that calculator a year or so ago- very handy!

Beth

waitingforgrace
07-07-2011, 11:40 PM
I get a carnitas salad w tiny bit of black beans, fajita veggies depending how they look, tomato salsa, corn salsa, cheese, smidge of sour cream and of course their salad dressing which I love.

DrSally
07-07-2011, 11:43 PM
I get a carnitas salad w tiny bit of black beans, fajita veggies depending how they look, tomato salsa, corn salsa, cheese, smidge of sour cream and of course their salad dressing which I love.

What does the salad dressing taste like?

waitingforgrace
07-07-2011, 11:49 PM
What does the salad dressing taste like?

It's pretty spicy, not really sure how else to describe it. It's not burn your mouth hot but definitely has a peppery kick.

94bruin
07-07-2011, 11:51 PM
I get a burrito.

chicken
no beans
rice
fajita veggies
mild salsa
lettuce
cheese
guacamole

BabyDahl
07-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Honestly, not that big of a Chipotle fan. When I do get something, it's chicken burrito with salsa and guac. I don't dig the rice or beans, it gets soggy and falls apart. Not worth the calories or the $, IMO. But man, do people love it, that lineis always freaking long!

ahisma
07-08-2011, 12:10 AM
Veggie Burrito Bowl

Rice
Black beans
Veggies
2 salsas
Light guac
No: cheese / sour cream / chips on the side / pop

520 cals. Meh.

kijip
07-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Whenever I go to burrito places like that I either get a fish taco if they have it or a bowl which is essentially an order of beans with lots of toppings (tho no sour cream because I would rather die than eat sour cream, yucktastic.) I tend to order things with no rice or just a little and add whatever veggies I can. I have only been to chipolte a few times but they strike me as very similar to places we go somewhat regularly- Taco Del Mar (in a pinch at work or on the road), Baja Fresh (near our family skate lessons), Qdoba (my brother's favorite).

Tondi G
07-08-2011, 12:32 AM
crispy tacos with rice, fajita vegis, carnitas or chicken, mild salsa, corn salsa, easy sour cream and lots of lettuce. My boys love their chips and guac.

Melanie
07-08-2011, 12:46 AM
Veggie Bowl with fajita vegetables, rice, black beans, pico, little guac and little sour cream. It's good, but having one down the street from us for the last year I'm a little sick of it. ;) Unless I'm famished or they are stingy that day, this makes a good snack or lunch the next day with the leftovers.

The Kids get bowls with beans, rice and cheese then I ask for 3 soft tacos on the side, each. They don't charge for those which sort of makes up for the fact it's a mixed bag if I'm charged for side orders (cheaper) or a veggie bowl for them.

Sweetum
07-08-2011, 01:38 AM
Veggie Burrito Bowl

Rice
Black beans
Veggies
2 salsas
Light guac
No: cheese / sour cream / chips on the side / pop

520 cals. Meh.

Same thing, but I add lettuce too. funny, it says 485 cal for me...

deborah_r
07-08-2011, 02:03 AM
I like together the burrito bowl with:
Steak
Rice
Black beans
Fajita veg
Hot salsa
Sour cream
Cheese
A little lettuce on top

Sometimes I get the burrito instead, sometimes the salad, but the steak bowl is my favorite.

lil_acorn
07-08-2011, 09:54 AM
I get the naked burrito with some meat but skip the sour cream and cheese and add extra veggies.

egoldber
07-08-2011, 10:01 AM
I get the naked burrito with some meat but skip the sour cream and cheese and add extra veggies.

This is basically what I do. I get a naked burrito with chicken, black beans, "about half the rice", "a little cheese", lots of lettuce, no sour cream or guac and I ask for all the salsas (essentially extra veggies, but it's free ;) ).

KHF
07-08-2011, 10:09 AM
I usually get a steak bowl with fajita veggies, rice, extra tomato salsa, sour cream, cheese and lettuce. If I'm going there, I don't consider it health food, so I don't worry about it. Just their burrito tortillas are about a gazillion calories.

pastrygirl
07-08-2011, 10:14 AM
I love the carnitas pulled pork! I usually get a rice bowl, pinto beans, medium salsa, cheese, corn. I skip the lettuce, and don't like guac/sour cream. But I agree, there's usually too much rice. I hadn't thought to say less rice.

alirebco
07-08-2011, 10:57 AM
I always get a salad with either barbacoa or carnitas with guac, mild salsa and medium salsa. Sometimes I get the peppers and onions too.

DS loves the salad dressing and guac. I wouldn't call the dressing spicy.

mackmama
07-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Chicken burrito, black beans, no salsa or sour cream or guac, and only a tiny bit of cheese. Yum!

wencit
07-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Steak burrito with pinto beans, rice, cheese, sour cream, and spicy salsa. Love their spicy salsa!

DrSally
07-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Whenever I go to burrito places like that I either get a fish taco if they have it or a bowl which is essentially an order of beans with lots of toppings (tho no sour cream because I would rather die than eat sour cream, yucktastic.) I tend to order things with no rice or just a little and add whatever veggies I can. I have only been to chipolte a few times but they strike me as very similar to places we go somewhat regularly- Taco Del Mar (in a pinch at work or on the road), Baja Fresh (near our family skate lessons), Qdoba (my brother's favorite).

I used to have a Baja Fresh right by me--loved their fish tacos (even though or maybe b/c they were deep fried). I don't think chipolte has fish.

DrSally
07-08-2011, 01:13 PM

What's the naked burrito?

ITA w/pp, the line was out the door and it was hard to make a good decision about what to get w/antsy kids and the pressure of the line. I need to have my mind made up before I go next time.

JTsMom
07-08-2011, 01:16 PM
I haven't been to Chipotle in over a year b/c I had to give up dairy, but I think my favorite will win for the most calories. lol

Barbacoa tacos (hard shells) with cheese, sour cream, lettuce, mild salsa. Soooo good. I miss cheese. My backside does not. ;)

DrSally
07-08-2011, 01:17 PM
The Kids get bowls with beans, rice and cheese then I ask for 3 soft tacos on the side, each. They don't charge for those which sort of makes up for the fact it's a mixed bag if I'm charged for side orders (cheaper) or a veggie bowl for them.

I didn't know the didn't charge for soft tacos/tortillas. It would be nice to wrap up some of my entree for DS/DD.

egoldber
07-08-2011, 01:21 PM
What's the naked burrito?

I think the naked burrito is a Qdoba thing, but the Chipotle version is the burrito bowl.

We usually go to Baja Fresh because my kids like the black beans and rice plate there. At $1.99 it's about the cheapest kid meal anywhere LOL! Older DD says the black beans at Chipotle are "too spicy".

Chipotle will also make a cheese quesadille for your kids if you ask and it is cheap, maybe $1 or $2.

DrSally
07-08-2011, 01:26 PM
I haven't been to Chipotle in over a year b/c I had to give up dairy, but I think my favorite will win for the most calories. lol

Barbacoa tacos (hard shells) with cheese, sour cream, lettuce, mild salsa. Soooo good. I miss cheese. My backside does not. ;)

I actually don't think that would be a huge amount of cals (comparatively). Somees like the Barbaco and hard shells are not that much more cals than the other meats/soft shells. I'd like to try the Barbacoa and carnitas (love carnitas at other Mexican places).

DrSally
07-08-2011, 01:27 PM
I think the naked burrito is a Qdoba thing, but the Chipotle version is the burrito bowl.

We usually go to Baja Fresh because my kids like the black beans and rice plate there. At $1.99 it's about the cheapest kid meal anywhere LOL! Older DD says the black beans at Chipotle are "too spicy".

Chipotle will also make a cheese quesadille for your kids if you ask and it is cheap, maybe $1 or $2.

I see! Good idea about the cheese quesadilla.

deborah_r
07-08-2011, 02:47 PM
DS loves the salad dressing and guac. I wouldn't call the dressing spicy.

The salad dressing to me seems like a slightly spicy Catalina dressing? I've never been able to pinpoint it exactly.

scrooks
07-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Barbacoa salad....pinto beans, mild salsa, a bit of cheese and of course the awesome salad dressing.

I used to prefer the corn salsa but i have gone back to the mild. When Im pregnant I can't eat the barbacoa but also love the carnitas.