PDA

View Full Version : I have to laugh..

niccig
07-08-2011, 02:58 AM
DH will be flying alone with DS for 5 hours. DH is worried about how to occupy DS. My answers:
1) he's 6.5 years old
2) DS has more frequent flyer miles than many adults
3) 5 hours is a piece of cake to this child.
4) I flew alone with DS on 2 x14 hour flights.

Guess who doesn't sit next to DS on the plane very often?

Me being back in school has made DH do so much more with DS, and it is good for their relationship, but sometimes it makes me laugh.

Oh and he bought DS a new set of lego to do on the plane. Lego, very small pieces on a small tray table, and pieces will fall over the side never to be seen of again...mmmm, maybe not the best of ideas DH.

blondflava
07-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Legos on a plane ROTFL, I can picture that, poor DH! He'll be amazed at how easily it went, I'm telling you (but it won't give YOU any credit for surviving the 2 14-hour flights!).

KrisM
07-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Love the Legos on the plane idea! That'll go smoothly :).

egoldber
07-08-2011, 07:44 AM
So are you going to warn him? :ROTFLMAO:

(FYI, a cloth draped over the tray table makes it less likely for small pieces/crayons to roll away.... If you should care to offer that suggestion. ;) )

hillview
07-08-2011, 08:58 AM
We do legos on planes. I get about 5 cups from the flight attendant. DS1 is very careful. We started when he had just turned 5. It lasts about an hour or so. We do ~200 piece sets. It gets us to UK and back.

I agree at that age a 5 hr flight will be very easy.
/hillary

sste
07-08-2011, 11:04 AM
I would not say a word. Not out of spite but because you don't want your DH to feel inept - - sometimes these lessons are best learned on one's own.

What a lovely perk to you going back to school that your DH and DS are deepening their 1:1 father-son relationship. :)

niccig
07-08-2011, 11:46 AM
I would not say a word. Not out of spite but because you don't want your DH to feel inept - - sometimes these lessons are best learned on one's own.

What a lovely perk to you going back to school that your DH and DS are deepening their 1:1 father-son relationship. :)

Oops, I already mentioned the lego and small pieces..he said they might do it at the gate while waiting to board. But hillary's suggestion of small cups or Beth's about a piece of fabric would work well.

DS has always been a mama's boy - he easily separates and does things on his own, but he's always wanted me over DH. While DH understood that was a function of me being home more, it did upset him at times. He took DS to work the other day when I had the GRE, my test was very early, so DS was only there for 90mins. When I turned up, DS told me I was too early and he didn't have enough time with DH.