PDA

View Full Version : Washing your BOBs??

blondflava
07-08-2011, 07:24 AM
Anyone did it? I see the fabric screwed into the frame, if I wanted to wash it, do I have to unscrew it all around? Anyone did it without issues?
The green/beige Bob I picked up a couple days ago off CL is amazingly clean, considering it's 2007 model, maybe the canvas type fabric doesn't attract the dirt as much? Or do you just spot clean/scrub and rinse with a hose :rotflmao:, the thing surely looks like it can take a beating LOL.

scriptkitten
07-08-2011, 07:29 AM
I used a hose last week and it worked great. Use dishsoap on tough spots! It dries quick!

RunnerDuck
07-08-2011, 08:44 AM
I had a problem with my Toyota recently, the entire back cargo area was mildewed and the car was essentially unusable, anything you kept in it even for a few hours came out stinking... I took my dualie somewhere and stupidly left it in the car overnight thinking "this material won't hold stink..." WRONG!

I put it out in the sun 3 afternoons in a row and the smell wouldn't go away and I couldn't put my kids in it without them smelling like mildew when they came out. I emailed Bob and asked if I could remove and machine wash the covers and they don't reccomend it. They just suggested wiping it down. Which I never did, I just kept sunning it till the stink finally left... and kept pushing toyota to replace the carpet because the mildew was due to a recall issue... total mess.

Since you can only wipe or spot clean there's no sense to the hassel of removing it... I have heard of people hosing them down but me, if it doesn't look dirty, I wouldn't even worry about it. Spot clean or hose if there is a reason, otherwise... let it be.

poohbear
07-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Hose it down (I have used oxi clean spray to spot clean, but scriptkittens dish soap would work too). Use a magic eraser on the frame if the frame is dirty. Momtoax3 used armorall on tires and said that works great.

Leave it outside to dry and voila! :)

blondflava
07-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Gotta love the no-fuss easy maintenance!
On a side note, the stroller itself is awesome, I took it to the beach yesterday, and loaded the heavy cooler and 2 beach chairs on the handle, along with the toy bag AND the beach bag in the basket and could push it mostly one-handed through the sand with the 2 year old kiddo inside... I'm on love, seriously!!

poohbear
07-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Gotta love the no-fuss easy maintenance!
On a side note, the stroller itself is awesome, I took it to the beach yesterday, and loaded the heavy cooler and 2 beach chairs on the handle, along with the toy bag AND the beach bag in the basket and could push it mostly one-handed through the sand with the 2 year old kiddo inside... I'm on love, seriously!!

:)
BOB = :love5:

Kaylee31
07-08-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm so jealous! I would love a green BOB (didn't even know they ever made these). Glad you're loving it!