PDA

View Full Version : is it a good idea to take your own bedding when staying in hotels?

chozen
07-08-2011, 07:54 AM
i always take our blankets and pillows from home when we stay at hotels but now i wonder if this is a good idea after hearing about bed bugs, what do you think?

infomama
07-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Bedbugs (if they are in the room) will be everywhere. Changing the bedding won't do a lick of good. Better to inspect the room prior to settleing in.

amldaley
07-08-2011, 08:15 AM
I take this.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=dream+sack&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=4031741021&ref=pd_sl_13ixk9adbx_b

wellyes
07-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Wow, I had no idea people did stuff like that. Interesting!
I just rip off the comforter cover.

chozen
07-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Wow, I had no idea people did stuff like that. Interesting!
I just rip off the comforter cover.

i remember working at a hotel as a teenager that the bedding does not always get changed, so yes i take my own pippy and blankey.:)

wellyes
07-08-2011, 08:36 AM
i remember working at a hotel as a teenager that the bedding does not always get changed, so yes i take my own pippy and blankey.:)

Is there a smiley for sticking your fingers in your ears and singing "la la la not listening?" I don't want to know! I prefer to believe my bedding gets changed. And the server doesn't do nasty things to my food. And the dollar bills I touch aren't covered in I-don't-wanna-know. And I am going to stop thinking of other things because I am giving myself the heebie-jeebies!

weech
07-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Is there a smiley for sticking your fingers in your ears and singing "la la la not listening?" I don't want to know! I prefer to believe my bedding gets changed. And the server doesn't do nasty things to my food. And the dollar bills I touch aren't covered in I-don't-wanna-know. And I am going to stop thinking of other things because I am giving myself the heebie-jeebies!

:yeahthat: :rotflmao:

egoldber
07-08-2011, 08:46 AM
You mean like this? http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr196/hypatia320/GIFs/Smileys/lalalala.gif

:ROTFLMAO:

crayonblue
07-08-2011, 09:29 AM
We often take our own pillows and I ALWAYS take the comforter off. I worked in a hotel/camp place during high school and the comforters were not washed for the entire summers!

fivi2
07-08-2011, 08:41 PM
I would worry about bringing bugs home with me if I took my own bedding. (and I read somewhere that lice are possible along with bedbugs!)

I definitely take off the comforter, and we all sleep in long pants and long sleeves (And socks).

Maybe I will pack pillowcases and plan to toss them...

Ugh - this is the bad part about traveling!