PDA

View Full Version : Be thankful this isn't your MIL

infomama
07-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Just stumbled upon this. Yowsa.
http://gawker.com/5817134/meddling-mother+in+law-sends-worlds-bitchiest-email-about-manners

wellyes
07-08-2011, 08:19 AM
"Staggering in its uncouthness" indeed.

I love how all the comments are on the side of the MIL. I swear internet comment sections just bring out the crazies.

amldaley
07-08-2011, 08:31 AM
While the MIL is a raving B!tch, it does sound like the future DIL has given her some fodder for her rant.

Clearly, she is marrying in to a wealthy famly. And unlike here in the US where custom and ettiquette has really sort of fallen out of fashion, those traditions are still embraced in the UK. It would be one thing if this young couple fell in love and he left his family for her, but it sounds as though she has been partaking in weekends and family gatherings with his clan. So, if he will not leave them, she must join them.

MIL might catch more flies with honey than vinegar, and she clearly believes she and her family are superior, but I actually think she makes some good points.

OT: My mother was engaged to a Lord...Duke? I can't remember now. She was set be married in a castle (which they owned). She still has the engagement portraits of them standing in front of the castle, posed pics his mother and sisters, etc. She called it off b/c she did not feel like she would be able to live up to the scrutiny of that lifestyle. It's just not for everyone.

ETA: The DIL decision to Fwd this to her friends who were indiscreet enough to continue forwarding it on clearly demonstrates the DIL's lack of manners. I might Fwd to one or two close friends who would never dream of passing it on. Or I would have posted here for all of you.

Staraglimmer
07-08-2011, 08:33 AM
I don't think it was good manners to send such an email. However, I agree with the mother-in-law to be that SOME of this girl's behavior displays bad manners. I don't think it was the mother-in-laws place to send an email about it. She should have definitely left out the last sentence where she says that she pities her step-son crosses the line and is just plain mean.
Sent from my iPhone
Steph

wellyes
07-08-2011, 08:39 AM
She should have definitely left out the last sentence where she says that she pities her step-son crosses the line and is just plain mean.Not to mention the whole "you would be an ideal candidate for the Ladette to Lady television series".

I think this is why everyone needs the equivalent of a Bitching Post somewhere in their lives, so they can vent without actually going off insulting the person who they are frustrated with.