PDA

View Full Version : S/O What does SO or Spouse do with DC that makes you laugh (or cringe)

BabbyO
07-08-2011, 09:53 AM
The flight thread made me think of this.

I came home last night after my first yoga class in ages (DH urges me to go, but often makes it difficult for me to actually MAKE it to class). Anyway, I heard DS up when I got home and went to give him a kiss goodnight.

DH put him in LONG SLEEVED, FLANNEL LONG PANTS pajamas. We don't have our AC on (because I'm cheap) and although it does get cooler at night, DS is in one of the warmer rooms in the house and LOVES to pile blankets on top of himself after we put him down. And by cooler I mean mid-70's as opposed to 80's or 90's.

I asked about it and DH said, "I couldn't find any short sleeved pj's."

Umm...even if I were that far behind on laundry (there were 3 or 4 pair in his dresser) a short sleeved onesie, or short sleeved t-shirt with his diaper would have been a MUCH better option...wouldn't it?

twowhat?
07-08-2011, 10:12 AM
He showers twice a day.

wellyes
07-08-2011, 10:22 AM
DH puts on so many of DD's outfits backwards. He has it in his head that if there are pockets, they go in the back. He's getting better, now that she's old enough to correct him when he puts on her overalls backwards (seriously). But tops and dresses, forget it, he has no idea.

He used to get her dressed in the a.m. and do daycare drop-off so I'd hear about his fashion choices from the laughing ladies at the daycare. Now at least I'm able to give her a check before they go out in the morning.

It must be some weird genetic thing, because she has her own thing where she puts her shoes on the wrong feet almost every time. You'd think it'd be 50/50 or so, but no. After she puts on her shoes she knows to walk up to one of us saying "Wrong feet"? and then she sits and changes them.

sste
07-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Well, it is kind of funny in our house - - DS is a natural mimic. So, I usually hear about the funny things DH has done with the kids after the fact, often incorporated into DS's chatter.

The other day I was running to get DS to the children's museum before it closed and we were fighting traffic post-nap and preschool camp and I heard a very familiar DH expression coming from the back seat as DS piped up, giggling, "I can't just go and go!"

Not sure it is that funny but for some reason it cracked me up.

BabbyO
07-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Well, it is kind of funny in our house - - DS is a natural mimic. So, I usually hear about the funny things DH has done with the kids after the fact, often incorporated into DS's chatter.

The other day I was running to get DS to the children's museum before it closed and we were fighting traffic post-nap and preschool camp and I heard a very familiar DH expression coming from the back seat as DS piped up, giggling, "I can't just go and go!"

Not sure it is that funny but for some reason it cracked me up.

I think anything we're used to hearing from our SO/DH come out of our DC's mouth tends to be really funny.

Every single time my DS tacks "Hon, or Honey" onto a requet it cracks me up...and I know he gets it from me ("Hon, could you do this?" "I could use your help, hon...") This morning he came into our bedroom and said to me, "Milk, Please, Hon!" Cracked me up!

jerigirl
07-08-2011, 03:01 PM
I think anything we're used to hearing from our SO/DH come out of our DC's mouth tends to be really funny.

Every single time my DS tacks "Hon, or Honey" onto a requet it cracks me up...and I know he gets it from me ("Hon, could you do this?" "I could use your help, hon...") This morning he came into our bedroom and said to me, "Milk, Please, Hon!" Cracked me up!

LOL! My nephew calls my sister "Babe!"

maestramommy
07-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Sometimes when Dh dresses the girls he puts their dresses on backwards.

When he reads Maisy books he adds in snarky comments about her friends. :tongue5:

SpaceGal
07-08-2011, 03:17 PM
DH is so smitten with DD...and as cute as she can be she's such a drama queen. Whenever she's hysterically crying or whining, DH will always ask her "What's wrong...tell Daddy and I'll get if for you." Like really!?!? So when she asks for that car when she's 16 we're in trouble!

He is also guilty of dressing DD up and her clothes will sometimes be backwards. He also doesn't like her wearing her brother's handmedowns. I had her in boy PJs since she sweats so much that she really can't wear her PJs for two nights in a row sometimes. I refuse to buy more PJs when her brother's PJs are suitable. DH told me last night, I really like her in her girly PJs, you had her in those boy one's for way too long...(two nights it was). *sigh*

I guess that where "Daddy's little princess" comes from.

scrooks
07-08-2011, 03:45 PM
DH put him in LONG SLEEVED, FLANNEL LONG PANTS pajamas. We don't have our AC on (because I'm cheap) and although it does get cooler at night, DS is in one of the warmer rooms in the house and LOVES to pile blankets on top of himself after we put him down. And by cooler I mean mid-70's as opposed to 80's or 90's.

I asked about it and DH said, "I couldn't find any short sleeved pj's."

Umm...even if I were that far behind on laundry (there were 3 or 4 pair in his dresser) a short sleeved onesie, or short sleeved t-shirt with his diaper would have been a MUCH better option...wouldn't it?

I can top this one. I was at the store one night and Dh put DD to bed. When I got home he said he couldn't find any short sleeve pjs so he simply cut the sleeves off a long sleeve pair. :eek: you should have seen the look on my face....

weech
07-08-2011, 03:46 PM
DH puts trash in the sink, and he also forgets DS on the changing table after he changes his diaper. Both drive me up a wall!

SkyrMommy
07-08-2011, 03:53 PM
DH is of the mind that if DD's outfit is all stripes or polka dots or flowers it all matches... regardless of actual colors! And no he's not color blind :ROTFLMAO: just fashion impaired!

mommylamb
07-08-2011, 05:09 PM

:yeahthat: I'll always remember back a few years ago (DS was probably about 2) listening to DH and DS downstairs watching Manchester United play and hearing DS yelling to the TV "Go on lad, go on!" It's just hilarious to hear your 2 year old call an adult man a lad. It's a good think DH was watching his language because he sometimes says other things while watching football that I wouldn't want DS to pick up ;).

Asianmommy
07-08-2011, 05:15 PM
DH put DD's tights on the outside of her leotard for ballet class. :hysterical:

love_a_latte
07-08-2011, 05:17 PM
DH gives the kids super in-depth explanations for simple questions. Their eyes start glazing over after one or two minutes, and before long they have gotten so confused that they aren't even sure what their original question was.

babyonway
07-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I can top this one. I was at the store one night and Dh put DD to bed. When I got home he said he couldn't find any short sleeve pjs so he simply cut the sleeves off a long sleeve pair. :eek: you should have seen the look on my face....

that is hilarious!!!:hysterical:

TwinFoxes
07-08-2011, 08:47 PM
:confused:
DH put DD's tights on the outside of her leotard for ballet class. :hysterical:

When DDs were still in onesies, they were snapped OVER their pants! :confused:

liz
07-08-2011, 09:01 PM
This thread is making me laugh. DH usually is good for over/under dressing for the weather. I still try to lay out clothes for the baby because DH has no clue, bless his heart.

LMPC
07-08-2011, 09:02 PM
DH is of the mind that if DD's outfit is all stripes or polka dots or flowers it all matches... regardless of actual colors! And no he's not color blind :ROTFLMAO: just fashion impaired!
We must be married to the same guy, because when DH dresses DD she ends up in all the same color (regardless of whether or not it matches)....so he'll put her in all orange or all light pink or all blue. He lacks any type of fashion sense.

The other thing he does that drives me up the wall is to feign incompetence to get out of things...like when he says he doesn't know how to brush her teeth? Huh? It's not a new concept, he's been doing his own teeth for almost 50 years...but suddenly little teeth give him issues? No, what he means is that he doesn't want to deal with a wiggly 2 yo. Just say it, man, don't pretend like you can't move a brush back and forth and back and forth....

♥ms.pacman♥
07-08-2011, 09:55 PM

:47: Ok, this takes the cake!! if my DH had done that to one of DS's Hannas i would have had to really stop myself from wringing his neck!!! lol

my dh is really bad about coordinating the kids' clothes. i always lay out the kids outfits for the day for him.

DrSally
07-08-2011, 10:00 PM

OMG! :rotflmao: Too bad there isn't a horrified smilie to go along w/that one.

DrSally
07-08-2011, 10:01 PM

:hysterical: Now that's a fashion faux paus!

scrooks
07-08-2011, 10:26 PM
:47: Ok, this takes the cake!! if my DH had done that to one of DS's Hannas i would have had to really stop myself from wringing his neck!!! lol

thankfully they weren't Hannas or he really would have gotten it! They we just some carters pjs DD was close to outgrowning. We talked about it today and he still thinks it was a brilliant idea and that he extended the life of the pjs because the arms were getting tight!:duh:

jellibeans
07-08-2011, 11:35 PM

Hahahahahahaha......hysterical!!!!!

karstmama
07-09-2011, 12:09 PM
s/o in a s/o thread...

my grandparents lived with mama for a few years. when they got here, they definitely needed help, but could do some things theirselves.

one night, granddaddy was helping grandmama get ready for bed. he couldn't get her bra unhooked, so he cut it off!

so these funny things will come around again.

justbreathe11
07-09-2011, 01:18 PM
excuse the bad grammer, NAK
ugggg the list could go on & on
leaves trash in the sink
constaantly clashes
wears his socks folded down or scrunched like a woman
doesnt shower every day
eats jacks EVERY weekend
HAS to have bread with every meal
his mom, enough saiid
HAS to stop what i'm doing to get help with ds when he is perfectly capable of whatever it is
ignores ds to play on his blackberry
only uses a towel for 2 days
never asks if i want something when he stops for gas
...can you tell we arent getting along lately? lol

momm
07-09-2011, 02:54 PM

I used to do that -on purpose
DS was so tiny that was the only way to keep his pants on him. Plus it looks cute. Ive had moms take the idea from me and tell me so :)

BabbyO
07-11-2011, 09:25 AM

Well, I guess he at least understood she should have cooler pj's...though I still don't understand why a t-shirt or SS onesie isn't the most obvious answer in these cases. Ironically, DH couldn't find short sleeved pjs again last night...so he put DS in a t-shirt a shorts. Much better. Though I did take him into the bedroom to show him where the SS pj's were...you know, right on top, in the front of the dresser drawer! :)

BIL does this to DN....cracked me up!

This thread is making me laugh. DH usually is good for over/under dressing for the weather. I still try to lay out clothes for the baby because DH has no clue, bless his heart.

I lay out DS' clothes 99% of the time...I didn't think pjs would trip DH up.

s/o in a s/o thread...

my grandparents lived with mama for a few years. when they got here, they definitely needed help, but could do some things theirselves.

one night, granddaddy was helping grandmama get ready for bed. he couldn't get her bra unhooked, so he cut it off!

so these funny things will come around again.

Too, cute. I keep telling DS someday he'll have to change my diapers! he doesn't get it and laughs, but I'll have the last laugh on this one! :)

soontobe
07-11-2011, 09:02 PM

this actually made me LOL and almost choke on my plum:ROTFLMAO: