PDA

View Full Version : Boil Water Order for 5 days - Suggestions?

wimama
07-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Our town is redoing the water pump on the town well. And, we just received we notice saying we will have a boil water order or 5 days next week. I plan on using paper plates, cups and stocking up on drinking water before the boil water order goes into effect. They said bathing and washing hands is safe in the water, except for infants. Really? I am pregnant and the thought of bathing in bacteria ridden water grosses me out.

Any advise?

wencit
07-08-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm with you. I've heard the argument made that bathing in that water is akin to swimming in a lake, which people do all the time without getting sick, but it kind of grosses me out, too.

Does your office (or DH's office) have a shower? That's where we recently went when the only shower in our house broke.

geochick
07-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Any way you can do a staycation in the town next to you next week for 5 days? I'd HATE that. Go camping in the mountains for 5 days? I'd rather deal with those germs.

MamaMolly
07-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Having lived overseas during both pregnancies with really foul water (we have a distiller here, which we must use for all cooking, drinking and brushing teeth) I'd say you are fine for showering, at the very least. If baths skeeve you out then just take a shower.