PDA

View Full Version : Reversible AT strollers

soontobe
07-08-2011, 12:08 PM
So I have been out of the game for a little while and I told my sister I would help her figure out all her baby stuff (yay so fun!:)). So I want her to get and AT for sure (we live in toronto) and she is going back and forth between wanting reversible and not.

Soooooooooooo

what are all the AT strollers that are ALSO reversible? The only one I'm thinking of is the vista, but I don't love the small front wheels...

arivecchi
07-08-2011, 12:19 PM
The vista is not an AT. She can look at the Mutsy 4rider, musty slider, teutonia. The bugaboo frog has rear air tires so kind of ATish. There is a Zooper as well but I dont know much about it. The other option is a true AT that takes a carrycot for infants like Mountain Buggies and Valcos. Others posters will probably come up with more options.

legaleagle
07-08-2011, 12:28 PM
I think arivecchi covered the most common ones - here's the thread I started a few weeks ago with a list of ATs with carrycots

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=401337

mackmama
07-08-2011, 12:39 PM
I wanted a reversible AT, too, and decided that a carrycot on an AT was my best option. I also really wanted the AT to have a seat that reclined fully for a newborn, so that might also be something to consider in your search.

AnnieW625
07-08-2011, 01:11 PM
I would argue that the Vista could sort of be considered an AT stroller, it works well on gravel, grass, and in the light snow even though it doesn't have air tires (however Toronto might get more snow than our Vista has seen in California). The Vistas front wheels are about the same size, if not a little bigger (as in taller) than the Bugaboo front wheels. Bugaboo Cam. rear wheels (I believe) aren't air tires either so if an AT stroller is an AT stroller because it has air tires then a Bugaboo Cam won't fit the bill either, but she could consider a Bugaboo Frog because that has air tires (however it's on clearance now so the colors are limited). I think a Vista, a Cam., or a Frog would be great options for her esp. if she wants a toddler reversable seat. I have not seen the Teutonia in person but it looks like a great stroller.

Now if she only wants reversable for the infant stage then the best options will most likely be one of the ones on the list. I would also add the Bob to that list because even though it doesn't have a bassinet or a carrycot the thing rocks all around and it's capable of handling any terrain. Bob does sell an infant carrier adaptor which (although highly looked down upon on this board; I had no reason to get one for mine though, but do think it serves it's purpose for some as long as it's not used for running) might make sense too esp. if the baby will be all bundled up in the winter so in a sense even though it's not flat it will still serve the same purpose.