PDA

View Full Version : Bday gifts for a turning 6 year old?

hillview
07-08-2011, 12:43 PM
DS1 has just about everything. No more legos. He likes science and math. My sister is getting him some math games. He likes chess. He wants a Wii but we have xbox/kinex so we are not getting a Wii (xbox gets played monthly maybe -- maybe more in the winter -- we will see).

Any suggestions?
thanks!
/hillary

hanaum02
07-08-2011, 01:11 PM
What about some sort of globe?

Some non-toy ideas that we are thinking about for our son this year include an odometer for riding his bike (he is obsessed with knowing how far he rode) and a suitcase (currently just has a Thomas the Train one from Target, which he has proclaimed as "too babyish).

Michelle
DS 9/04
DD 10/07

Cuckoomamma
07-08-2011, 01:23 PM
what about neat science kits like the clock that runs on a piece of fruit or the lightbulb that has the twirly mobile inside powered by sunlight? Chemistry set, snap circuits, Dk books on science, ant farm, butterfly kit, ThinkFun games (logic), science museum membership, Gamewright games (great for math skills), animal encyclopedia or encyclopedia of science.

citymama
07-08-2011, 01:42 PM
"Now We are Six" by AA Milne - a small addition to his presents!

eh613c
07-08-2011, 01:44 PM
A trip to a science museum? Like your DC I love science and math and one of my bday present was a trip to a science museum in N. Cali. I still remember it to this day. I had such a great time.