PDA

View Full Version : How to sell MB Terrain carrycot?

mackmama
07-08-2011, 12:54 PM
I listed it on craigslist without a bite. I don't think people know MBs that well here. Any other ideas where I can sell it and for what price? It's black and in excellent condition. Also, if I ship it to someone, how in the world would I box it? Thanks - I've never sold a stroller (or stroller accessories) before!

Kaylee31
07-08-2011, 03:02 PM
I would try StrollerSwap. I wouldn't bother with Ebay, they don't seem to sell very well on there. And they charge about 9%(?) of the selling price in fees. Plus ~3% for PayPal fees. I don't really know what to price it at. I know the carrycots are $$$, but I would expect ~$75.
You could try getting a box from USPS, Fedex, or UPS-- whichever one you would use to ship.
These are the carrycot dimensions I got from Amazon, to give you an idea of what size box you'd need.
Product Dimensions: 30.4 x 16.8 x 10.6 inches ; 8.8 pounds

arivecchi
07-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Why are you selling it? I would keep it for future DC or sell it with the stroller. Much higher resale value with the carrycot.

mackmama
07-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Why are you selling it? I would keep it for future DC or sell it with the stroller. Much higher resale value with the carrycot.

I was planning on reselling it with the stroller but don't foresee selling Terry anytime soon (for years), and I thought selling the carrycot now might make a little more room in our overstuffed garage. :) You're right, though, we should probably just hang onto it until we sell the stroller.

arivecchi
07-08-2011, 03:35 PM
I have never used mine but I am hanging on to it for when I am ready to sell the stroller. Sell something else! ;)

mackmama
07-08-2011, 03:40 PM
I have never used mine but I am hanging on to it for when I am ready to sell the stroller. Sell something else! ;)

Like maybe one of DH's 3 bicycles that he never rides?? :rotflmao: (Says the stroller-obsessed mom-of-one who is thinking about buying yet another stroller.) Ok I will hold onto the carrycot until the sad day when Terry is sent to a new home.