PDA

View Full Version : Whats for dinner tonight or this weekend?

mom2one
07-08-2011, 03:05 PM
I have no desire to cook lately. Please inspire me to cook again!

I would love to know what everyone is cooking lately. Anybody grilling?

maestramommy
07-08-2011, 03:08 PM
steak and pickled cucumbers (basically sliced salted cucumbers, rinsed right before serving). I pan fry the steak because we have a charcoal grill, so grilling is a production, and Dh's thing.

SpaceGal
07-08-2011, 03:18 PM
I'll be grilling Vietnamese pork chops with green squash. Grilling is my favorite way to cook in the summer...it's lazy but so good. :)

mom2one
07-08-2011, 03:21 PM
steak and pickled cucumbers (basically sliced salted cucumbers, rinsed right before serving). I pan fry the steak because we have a charcoal grill, so grilling is a production, and Dh's thing.

So are the cucumbers cooked or are the just sliced/salted and then rinsed later?

bubbaray
07-08-2011, 03:21 PM
If I have to cook today, I will scream. Its my birthday. I'm NOT COOKING.

mom2one
07-08-2011, 03:22 PM
I'll be grilling Vietnamese pork chops with green squash. Grilling is my favorite way to cook in the summer...it's lazy but so good. :)

Can you elaborate on vietnamese pork? Where do you buy this at and how do you season/prepare it?

mom2one
07-08-2011, 03:22 PM
If I have to cook today, I will scream. Its my birthday. I'm NOT COOKING.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:yay:

Yes, you deserve the whole weekend off from cooking.

bubbaray
07-08-2011, 03:24 PM
I'm hoping to milk the fact that the rest of the family isn't here on my birthday (coming home later today) into a "mommy doesn't have to cook all weekend". Wish me luck!

weech
07-08-2011, 03:24 PM
Tonight is Thai Coconut Curry shrimp with jasmine rice. Tomorrow will probably be grilled Tilapia in an Island Mango marinade with a roasted vegetable.

mom2one
07-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Tonight is Thai Coconut Curry shrimp with jasmine rice. Tomorrow will probably be grilled Tilapia in an Island Mango marinade with a roasted vegetable.

Can you post the island mango marinade recipe?

LD92599
07-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Not sure but my mom is expecting us to drop DS2 off and has dinner already thought out for him, so now we just need to decide where to head for dinner w/o him.

KpbS
07-08-2011, 03:26 PM

Recipe, please! Yum!!!

We grilled steak (for DH) and chicken last night for tacos and had fresh salsa and guacamole. It was awesome.

ETA Happy Birthday, Melissa!

WatchingThemGrow
07-08-2011, 03:35 PM
Happy B'day, bubbaray!

We're walking over to CFA dressed as cows b/c it is cow appreciation day - free dinner!

brittone2
07-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Taco salad. Prepped the meat last night because we need a quick dinner for this evening. We are hosting a brunch for FIL's bday on Sunday, and I'll be making a breakfast casserole/egg bake for that and serving it with fruit and some pastries, bagels, etc.

DietCokeLover
07-08-2011, 03:51 PM
I am cooking out of the pantry/ freezer this month as I have too big of a stash. We're having turkey and dressing tonight.

Kindra178
07-08-2011, 04:37 PM
Turkey burgers with pesto spread (not on kids' version). I harvested a good amount of basil and made the pesto, all last night. Grilled veggies kebobs and grilled pineapple.

SkyrMommy
07-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Tonight is grilled pizza... toppings - grilled chicken, baby bella mushrooms, garlic, chives, parsley, oregeno, and lots of cheese! Fresh cherry pie for dessert... mmmmmmmmmm... I suppose I should get started soon!

maestramommy
07-08-2011, 05:07 PM
So are the cucumbers cooked or are the just sliced/salted and then rinsed later?

Just salted and rinsed later. My cousin did that before sauteeing them for bee bim bop, but then the kids liked them so much raw I thought heck, I'll never get them to eat cucumbers otherwise. They love it! Dora calls them pickled peppers (inside joke) :p

Tomorrow is pizza for the kids and date night for me and Dh!

Happy Birthday Melissa! Hope you have a YUMMY dinner!

mommyp
07-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Tonight is grilled chicken (currently marinating in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and herbs - always a hit around here!) and a zucchini and kale saute recipe from our CSA. I don't know about the rest of the weekend yet, maybe I'll get some good ideas here.

georgiegirl
07-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Dover sole with lemon caper sauce and steamed broccolini (and we also had some kalamata olive ciabatta too)

liz
07-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Fish tacos, sweet potato fries and edamame tonight. Tomorrow we will have breakfast - scrambled eggs with spinach and cheese, hashbrowns and toast.

LD92599
07-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Happy B'day, bubbaray!

We're walking over to CFA dressed as cows b/c it is cow appreciation day - free dinner!

Picture!?!

rin
07-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Tonight: borscht with hardboiled eggs and rye bread, cucumber salad. Feeling our Eastern European roots here! Tomorrow, no idea.

traciann
07-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Tacos tonight and tomorrow.
Chili dogs
Spicy roasted chicken
Breakfast for dinner- pancakes and sausage.

I cook alot of the same things and then tire of it. I have a bunch of new recipes I want to try...I need to try to work in one a week or something. I hate it when you try something and you don't like it.

SASM
07-09-2011, 10:23 AM
I have some really crappy frozen shrimp defrosting. I forgot that they do not grill well. Sooo...I am making shrimp burgers with some grilled clams, grilled asparagus on the side, for good measure.

1# defrosted raw shrimp
1 egg
2T Ian's whole wheat panko
2 cloves garlic, chopped
S&P
Some seasoning - seafood, TJ's Everyday Seasoning, Old Bay...whatever you like

Put everything in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until pulverized & combined. Divvy into 6 portions and pat into burgers. I would love to grill these but don't trust the consistency. Heat grillpan/griddle to 350* and spray with nonstick spray. Spray burgers with NS spray and a little more S&P. I cooked for about 6 minutes on each side until 160* interior temp. Really yummy, juicy, and the kids actually like them! For the kids, I serve them on toasted multigrain sandwich thins, lettuce, and little mayo combined with lemon juice and Old Bay. For DH & I, I serve them protein-style in lettuce wrap & <1t of that Old Bay lemon mayo sauce. My way is 2 Points Plus on WW, the kids' preparation is 6 points plus with a little extra sauce. :). Super fast!!

weech
07-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Can you post the island mango marinade recipe?

Not made from scratch, unfortunately. Just picked it up at the grocery store.

weech
07-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Recipe, please! Yum!!!

We grilled steak (for DH) and chicken last night for tacos and had fresh salsa and guacamole. It was awesome.

ETA Happy Birthday, Melissa!

The shrimp recipe is here:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/03/thai-coconut-curry-shrimp.html

It is FABULOUS.