PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Buggy Urban? Tried it?

sjkosko
07-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Hi everyone,

(Apologies if this repeats but I tried to post several hours ago and it doesn't seem to have gone through.)

As new-parents-to-be, we're in stroller-choosing hell right now, trying to find a great stroller for an urban couple (lots of walking) who also enjoy brisk power-walks in the park. We're pretty cash strapped.

The Mountain Buggy has just come across our radar and someone in my neighborhood is selling a used MB Urban Baby (not the new Urban Jungle), with the carrycot and carrying case for $200 (used for 3 years). I'm seeing lots of reviews here for the Swift, Terrain, and Duo but not for the Urban Baby or Urban Jungle. Do any of you have any experience with it?

We've also considered the Baby Trend Expedition (which folks here aren't loving) and the BJ City Mini (which isn't an AT and is probably not great for power walking but at least is light and easy to use). We'd really prefer and AT that I can power walk with.

I'm 5'4" and in good shape but am no weight lifter and will need to get it up and down 8 stairs in front of my apartment building. Will also have to go in the trunk of our Toyota Camry.

Please help us make this decision! If it's in good shape, should we jump on it?? We're looking at the thing tomorrow and will probably have to decide on the spot.

Thanks!
New Mom-to-Be Stacy

mackmama
07-09-2011, 12:11 PM
I love MB but am not familiar with the Urban Baby. Just wanted to bump this in hopes that the experts chime in for ya. :)

arivecchi
07-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Can you post the link? I am not familiar with an urban baby. It's always been urban I think.

bubbaray
07-09-2011, 02:29 PM
The MB Urban is the older model, where were at least 2 versions (pre-2005 had a fixed handle, 2005 and newer had an adjustable handle). I had a 2005 and loved it. There were at least 2 handlebar recalls on the 2005 and newer ones.

That seems like great price to me and I definitely recommend MB strollers, with or without the carrycot. I never had the carrycot, but if you can get one included for that price, its a great deal.

ETA: I'm not sure if it will fit in the trunk of your Camry or not. You'll have to try it.