PDA

View Full Version : Friday gossip..

elektra
07-08-2011, 04:45 PM
My friend is on a plane right now from NYC to LA with Nadya Suleman and 10 of her kids! They are all screaming per her Facebook post.

love_a_latte
07-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Ack! Not judging people with screaming kids on planes, as I know that there is only so much a parent can do about it, but that sounds like a LONG flight!

bubbaray
07-08-2011, 04:48 PM
I would rather poke my eyes out than be on that flight

Green_Tea
Your friend should order a drink from the closest flight attendant ;).

scrooks
Whoa! I want to hear about that flight!:popc1:

AnnieW625
07-08-2011, 06:14 PM
WOW! That would be one crazy flight.

bubbaray
07-08-2011, 06:16 PM
We need a FB update. :bag

candaceb
07-08-2011, 06:39 PM
I saw them on the Today Show this morning. What a mess! I was trying to figure out how she did the travel with all of them, and I guess the answer is "not very well".

kaharris83
07-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Did you see she said in an interview, "I hate my babies. They disgust me." I feel so sorry for those poor children.
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/30/nadya-suleman-babies-disgust-me/

BabyDahl
07-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Did you see she said in an interview, "I hate my babies. They disgust me." I feel so sorry for those poor children.

I think she denied ever even doing that interview and she claims all these quotes are fabricated and false. But I don't know, either way, still feel sorry for what the children have to go through with all the scrutiny.

deborah_r
07-08-2011, 06:46 PM

I was just going to ask the other poster if she was on the Today Show to talk about how much she hates her babies.

elektra
07-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Friend posted a pic before takeoff. I have to say that Nadya looked more put together than I do on flights!
Having just traveled with two kids, I cannot imagine 10.

Pinky
07-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Friend posted a pic before takeoff. I have to say that Nadya looked more put together than I do on flights!
Having just traveled with two kids, I cannot imagine 10.

Can you share the pic? LOL

Wow I can't imagine being on that flight. I wonder how many helpers she has with her?

Melaine
07-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Wow...that's crazy....did ya'll see this? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1393692/Octomom-Nadya-Suleman-shows-flat-stomach-bikini-giving-birth-14-children.html

She has certainly lost all credibility with me. Saying she didn't have surgery is the biggest joke I have heard all year! yoga indeed....

MichelleRC
07-08-2011, 08:15 PM
I saw her on the Today show this morning. Kids were running everywhere. Ann Curry practically dove behind a set piece to grab one and David Gregory managed to wrangle one back to where they were doing the interview. It was pretty amusing.

TwinFoxes
07-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Wow...that's crazy....did ya'll see this? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1393692/Octomom-Nadya-Suleman-shows-flat-stomach-bikini-giving-birth-14-children.html

She has certainly lost all credibility with me. Saying she didn't have surgery is the biggest joke I have heard all year! yoga indeed....

That is still a kind of a scary looking tummy, I don't care how skinny she is!

calv
07-08-2011, 08:39 PM

ewww, ewww. why did I even click on the link. she's so gross and STRANGE looking. Oh yea, my boobs look just like that all those kids. whatever!!!!!!!!!!!! they're called flotation devices. and what's her legs/posture. GROSS

elektra
07-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Also- they are traveling business class.

kerridean
07-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Their behavior on the Today show this morning was HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE! Nadya was bragging about how well behaved they are....as they are diving behind the set, knocking down lights, and totally stressing out the staff. I would have been completely embarrassed as a mother.

scrooks
07-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Their behavior on the Today show this morning was HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE! Nadya was bragging about how well behaved they are....as they are diving behind the set, knocking down lights, and totally stressing out the staff. I would have been completely embarrassed as a mother.

I don't agree with what she has done in any way shape or form BUT my DS is close in age to her DC (I guess they are 8 months older) but my point being my DS is at a very difficult age...I can only imagine that running after 8 of him would be hard for one person to do!

♥ms.pacman♥
07-08-2011, 10:48 PM
ewww, ewww. why did I even click on the link. she's so gross and STRANGE looking. Oh yea, my boobs look just like that all those kids. whatever!!!!!!!!!!!! they're called flotation devices. and what's her legs/posture. GROSS

:yeahthat:

*shudder* i wish i hadn't seen that link either!. her tummy looks pretty scary. and boobs, yes no way those are real after 14 kids.

everything about her screams fake .

kerridean
07-08-2011, 10:50 PM
I get that they are 2. My daughters were VERY bad and challenging at that age. BUT they were, IMO, very over the top disruptive on the show. It took the entire Today show staff to rein them in. They were starting to panic. It was bad.

scrooks
07-08-2011, 10:52 PM
I get that they are 2. My daughters were VERY bad and challenging at that age. BUT they were, IMO, very over the top disruptive on the show. It took the entire Today show staff to rein them in. They were starting to panic. It was bad.

I definitely agree when traveling for a TV appearance she should have brought more help or the Today show should have had more "help" available. No doubt.

Green_Tea
07-08-2011, 10:55 PM

I think Octomom is bat$hit insane. Like certifiable. BUT, I kinda think the Today Show set her up to fail (or she set herself up) because that's what the whole world wants to see. I don't think that EIGHT two years olds can be expected to behave themselves on a TV set without several adults there to do nothing but watch/herd them.

I don't think the kids were poorly behaved. I think they acted the way *many* two year olds would act under the same circumstances. The behavior was age appropriate. They just need WAY more dedicated supervision than they were getting.

(And a mom who's not crazy.)

scrooks
07-08-2011, 10:58 PM
I think Octomom is bat$hit insane. Like certifiable. BUT, I kinda think the Today Show set her up to fail (or she set herself up) because that's what the whole world wants to see. I don't think that EIGHT two years olds can be expected to behave themselves on a TV set without several adults there to do nothing but watch/herd them.

I don't think the kids were poorly behaved. I think they acted the way *many* two year olds would act under the same circumstances. The behavior was age appropriate. They just need WAY more dedicated supervision than they were getting.

(And a mom who's not crazy.)

twowhat?
07-08-2011, 11:42 PM
My tummy looks a LOT like that, but my skin is much more wrinkled and hangs over my c-section scar. That lumpy bumpy look - exactly like my belly when I pull the skin tight! Only I didn't carry 8 babies...

I'd say she had to have some sort of something done to her tummy. And the boobs she DEFINITELY had done.

VClute
07-08-2011, 11:46 PM
I saw her on the Today show this morning. Kids were running everywhere. Ann Curry practically dove behind a set piece to grab one and David Gregory managed to wrangle one back to where they were doing the interview. It was pretty amusing.

It WAS amusing, especially since I'm a) A BIG Meredith Viera fan and B) NOT a big fan of Ann Curry. And I don't think the Today staff likes her as much, either. It looked like they were trying to set up ANN, not Nadya! I cracked up watching her run all over set!

mom2binsd
07-09-2011, 12:07 AM
CNN Showbiz tonight just had Dr. Drew commenting on the Today appearance and her comments. He's a dad of triplets and said they don't have time to go for a walk how does she have time to work out with 14 kids and NO help...he is basically calling her out saying she is not being truthful about not having help. He also thinks she's pretty unrealistic to think she can go back to school and that it's sad that her older children have been "parentalized" meaning they are taking on parenting roles.

Nadya said the kids had only had 2 hours sleep, so who's idea was it to fly them in on the day of the appearance, not a good situation to have kids fly across the country and then appear on tv.

I saw a little one that appears to have a cleft lip (or was it a cut), how are the 8 little one's doing medically. I haven't followed the story too closely as she's just such a trainwreck and I just feel so sorry for the kids.

doberbrat
07-09-2011, 01:14 PM
how does she even fly w/14 kids - presumably the toddlers would be in carseats to keep them contained?

I saw the today interview. She was boasting how she does it all alone and how well behaved her kids are. And they showed a bunch of pics of her house w/huge holes in the wall. - she said they're from scooters/bikes but some were higher up. So perhaps she insisted on not having more 'helpers'? idk, the behaviors were definitely age appropriate but there was far too little adult supervision. And if she truly does it all alone, then I wonder how things are at home....

I just feel so sorry for the kids. Its such a contrast to the McCoy 7 where there are 2 grounded parents and a bunch of community and familial support.

MamaSnoo
07-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Your friend should order a drink from the closest flight attendant ;).

Your friend should have bought a drink for the nearest flight attendant.

mommylamb
07-09-2011, 02:56 PM

:barf: That is the least sexy body I've ever seen. GROSS!

Pinky
07-09-2011, 04:09 PM
http://m.tmz.com/article_head.ftl?id=http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/09/octomom-nadya-suleman-kristen-johnston-third-rock-from-the-sun-airplane-argument-flight-delayed-jfk-lax/

LOL

Melanie
07-09-2011, 04:34 PM
OMG. Your poor friend.

♥ms.pacman♥
07-10-2011, 08:50 AM
http://m.tmz.com/article_head.ftl?id=http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/09/octomom-nadya-suleman-kristen-johnston-third-rock-from-the-sun-airplane-argument-flight-delayed-jfk-lax/

LOL

a cousin just posted that link on FB.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/09/octomom-nadya-suleman-kristen-johnston-third-rock-from-the-sun-airplane-argument-flight-delayed-jfk-lax/

too funny. i can't believe she blames anybody who was annoyed on the flight as people who "don't like kids." i pity whoever was on that flight.

bcafe
07-10-2011, 09:13 AM
But, the flight was delayed for 2 hours. I would be cranky flying solo, so imagine the 2 year olds feeling the pinch.

marit
07-10-2011, 09:30 AM
My heart goes out to this woman. Everyone feels sorry for the kids and no one feels sorry for her. Yes, she's crazy, yes, she chose this, yes, she's lying left and right. I still feel so sorry for her. She's trapped, she's doing the best she knows how, she's falling apart, and everyone loves watching it. She must feel so alone.

elbenn
07-10-2011, 09:34 AM
My heart goes out to this woman. Everyone feels sorry for the kids and no one feels sorry for her. Yes, she's crazy, yes, she chose this, yes, she's lying left and right. I still feel so sorry for her. She's trapped, she's doing the best she knows how, she's falling apart, and everyone loves watching it. She must feel so alone.

I agree. If people would be a little more compassionate toward her, perhaps she would get more help. It would be beneficial for the children if she had more help.

egoldber
07-10-2011, 09:36 AM

It's such a sad situation. :(

daphne
07-10-2011, 10:52 AM
I agree. If people would be a little more compassionate toward her, perhaps she would get more help. It would be beneficial for the children if she had more help.

I don't disagree, but it looked like she had some help with her. What sort of help do you mean? The community pitching in?

Cuckoomamma
07-10-2011, 11:59 AM
I agree that she's a nut case, but I think every mom could use some community support. It's just like when you see a mom becoming exasperated with her child in the grocery store, you can glare or you can gently support her and the child. A kind word, a kind glance to the mom and the child go a long way.

I'm in no way saying that it's our duty to support other people's bad decisions. I'm just saying that on a human level, sometimes we have more to give than we realize and that it's easier to give than we think. Maybe people on the flight were kind, I wasn't there. I just know that a few stickers, reading a story or a snack that wasn't something their mom packed, might have kept those children a little more glued together. Just to be clear, it's not anyone's obligation. Just saying, it might have reaped real dividends in the end. It's just so much easier to complain.