PDA

View Full Version : a little late, but Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-Fil-A 7/8

WatchingThemGrow
07-08-2011, 06:51 PM
It's time for the annual dress like a cow, get a free meal event! http://www.chick-fil-a.com/Cows/Appreciation-Day

poppy
07-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Thanks OP. I'm going to do this for dinner. I never did it b/c I thought I'd feel foolish but this year, I REALLY don't want to cook dinner. I think it'll be fun for the kids too! But my laziness over-rides my embarrassment. :)

WatchingThemGrow
07-08-2011, 07:11 PM
But my laziness over-rides my embarrassment. :)
:thumbsup: and DH's man-pride had to go out the window also. He was happy we got $30+ worth of food for free, though! We brought home enough to feed 2 adults lunch tomorrow.

waitingforgrace
07-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Well please tell us what you did to dress like a cow, my laziness precludes my creativity on this one.

WatchingThemGrow
07-08-2011, 08:08 PM
wore white shirts/shorts (boys wore whatever they had for shorts) and DD made masks for us (black spots drawn on cardstock, tied with cloth strips or elastic) and taped black black construction paper spots on us.
from the website:
Start with items that you already have at home – cowprinted accessories stashed in your closet will work perfectly. Hats, vests, scarves, neckties, pants, shoes, pajamas – just abut any cow-spotted item will work. Just make sure you're covered head to toe.
Wear white, and then just add spots. Throw on a white T-shirt with white pants (even sweatpants) and stick on your spots using black contact paper. If contact paper is not easily accessible, you can cut spots out of construction paper and tape them to your shirt and pants. If nothing else, you can grab an old white T-shirt and color black spots all over it with a magic marker – and you'll still get a free entrée.
Go to your local paint or hardware store and get a white painter's hat and overalls. And then decorate yourself with spots made out of contact or construction paper.
Not feeling too creative and want an easy costume? Search the Internet for "cow costumes" and you will be flooded with full-body costumes available for purchase. (And hey, you'll be set for Halloween, too).

Partial costumes earn a free entree.

babybell
07-08-2011, 09:07 PM
We did this for lunch today. Black/white clothes with black/white construction paper spots. Easiest free lunch ever!

If you turn in your kid's meal toy they give you free ice cream.

MommyofAmaya
07-08-2011, 10:04 PM
DD wore this from the dress-up closet:

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/04/56/72/70/0004567270722_300X300.jpg

DS rode in on this (from the gift closet, his bday is in two weeks), with black clothes, and ears.
http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/public/uNUr9MLRSRMq5ELkI7sWhG_fNhPi8pwFl2DS_n9X-RDpt5jeaG-IMFJU3tiqcNWLDW1i-nWiTXWuh8srZaadmCeKlgmMDA4LlLVj7uz0PioxYmbP0KYnwW-fAu4KP_38n9NaBcmCJ6DtxbuudQ7tc8rna9CMgXqDDzeC0A4F8 aoUwa2D6nyS5Q

And I wore DH's old white T with "spots" and black pants and some cow (previously bunny) ears.

We went for breakfast and ended up with three chicken biscuit meals so we definitely got our money's worth. :yay:

WatchingThemGrow
07-08-2011, 10:29 PM
I think I will make more of an effort to make reusable shirts next year. I think we've done it at least 4 years in a row. That's a lot of spots and paper masks to make.
cute get-up mommyofamaya!

Seitvonzu
07-09-2011, 03:49 AM
AcK! i didn't send dh & lu because we were lazy but we TOTALLY have that fancy nancy dressup dress...and it didn't even cross my mind!

*sigh* not like we didn't eat at CFA on thursday (when i saw about the dress like a cow in the first place)