PDA

View Full Version : training pant recs

lmh2402
07-08-2011, 08:15 PM
planning to start working on PTing in a few weeks. need to stock up on training pants. any faves?

some quick research shows that many people like the gerber brand. but it looks like 3T only goes up to 36 lbs. DS is already pushing 35, so thinking we might want to size up.

suggestions, please. i prefer all cotton.

thanks!

Momit
07-08-2011, 08:29 PM
We have Gerber and Hannas. I do like that the Gerbers are thinner so they dry faster, which is nice when you're on your last pair and waiting for them to come out of the dryer!

LMPC
07-08-2011, 08:32 PM
We had both and liked both. DD is about 29 lbs and her 2T gerbers are getting pretty snug. Not sure if that helps at all.

lmh2402
07-08-2011, 08:33 PM
thanks, guys

i would have liked to do gerber. but i think they're going to be too tight

so i need another option

i'll look at the hannas. how do they run?

thanks

ETA: the hannas are fairly expensive! question,when you all started PTing, how many pairs of undies did you have on hand? thanks

Melbel
07-08-2011, 08:56 PM
For DD2, I took her to Target to let her pick out her big girl under pants. I did not use training pants with any of my kids, just regular underwear. DD2 has about 15 pair of underwear because she was so excited to pick some out and she received some from the Easter Bunny. Having extras gives me some flexibility with laundry. Gap and Gymbo unders are softer cotton than what you will find at Target.

ciw
07-08-2011, 09:45 PM
DS is potty-trained but he still wears his training pants since they still fit. He's 36 pounds and wears these: http://www.amazon.com/Child-Mine-Carters-Training-Pants/dp/B004JBP2T0. We have both the 2t and the 3t and both fit fine. I bought them at Walmart in white but they have prints as well. They're really soft and thick and wash beautifully. I haven't put them in the dryer (I line dry DS's clothes) but I have bleached them and they still look brand new.

ETA: They're kind of hard to find at Walmart; they're in the infant onesies section instead of with kid's underwear.

Cuckoomamma
07-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Loved the Hannas.

scrooks
07-08-2011, 10:14 PM
DD is pushing 33 pounds and i think we have a mix of 2t and 3t gerbers. They all fit fine still.

jenfromnj
07-08-2011, 10:36 PM
I ordered a bunch of Hannas at the last outlet sale (it seems they have one every few months with unders at under $10 for a 3-pack--they were 3 for $8 last time, I think). They're really nice and soft and comfy. As for sizing, I have some XS and some S--the XS is technically an 80/90, but DS is almost out of 90s and he fits into the XS, not a ton of extra room but they are fine and not tight (he's about ~38 inches and ~36 lbs).

I can see us getting a lot of use out of them even as regular unders after we're done PTing (which will hopefully be soon, but I am not holding my breath!).

zag95
07-08-2011, 10:40 PM
We have Hannas- I bought the Gerbers in 3t, but they were WAY too small for DD and they didn't have 4t..... we have the Hannas in a small size and they work great! They hold enough and we can use them after training is done!

lmh2402
07-08-2011, 10:44 PM
I ordered a bunch of Hannas at the last outlet sale (it seems they have one every few months with unders at under $10 for a 3-pack--they were 3 for $8 last time, I think). They're really nice and soft and comfy. As for sizing, I have some XS and some S--the XS is technically an 80/90, but DS is almost out of 90s and he fits into the XS, not a ton of extra room but they are fine and not tight (he's about ~38 inches and ~36 lbs).

I can see us getting a lot of use out of them even as regular unders after we're done PTing (which will hopefully be soon, but I am not holding my breath!).

how do i look for this sale? can i sign up for an email notification or something? thanks!

DietCokeLover
07-08-2011, 11:16 PM
We used training pants from JC Penney for both of our dc. We had size 3T. DS is about 35 lbs and can still wear his comfortably.

jenfromnj
07-08-2011, 11:18 PM
how do i look for this sale? can i sign up for an email notification or something? thanks!

I started getting the outlet emails after I'd placed an order from the outlet. I'm sure you could call or live chat with Hanna and ask to be added to the list. But I'll let you know when I get an email about the next sale just in case!