PDA

View Full Version : Girls panties for a 3T

emilys_mom
07-08-2011, 11:02 PM
So my DD has become completely averse to wearing panties. She keeps trying to sneak around without them or take them off when I'm not looking. If I make her put them on she whines and whines.

Her 2T/3T ones seem a bit snug (although I think she could clearly continue to wear them) and the 4T's are too big. Does anyone have any suggestions? I did a web search and can't find just 3T - they all seem to be 2T/3T.

I tried just letting her wear the 4's and she still whines.

Green_Tea
07-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Would she wear boy's boxer briefs? My son has some super soft, cottony ones that I think seem WAY comfier than little girl panties! And as a bonus, I think boy sizes run slightly bigger than girls sizes.

emilys_mom
07-08-2011, 11:13 PM
She might - do you know what type he uses? I'm willing to try anything at this point. The other day she made it all the way out to dinner before I realized she was commando.

Green_Tea
07-08-2011, 11:21 PM
The one's DS has are plain old Hanes, likely purchased at Target. He had some from Gymboree, too. Good luck!

traciann
07-08-2011, 11:49 PM
I am having the same problem. My 2.5 year old is average size, so I thought it was weird. I bought the Walmart Faded Glory 2T/3T seems to be super roomy, even after washing them. I bought Hanes and they were just too snug.

emilys_mom
07-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Thanks - looks like I am in for a Walmart trip tomorrow.

My DD is also very average...I thought it was strange. Maybe they are just more sensitive about it.

twowhat?
07-09-2011, 12:03 AM
DD2 complained bitterly about "itchy undies" and she had Gap ones which, to me, seemed way more comfy than the Dora/etc ones you get at target or walmart.

Walmart has boy shorts for girls - FTL brand, I believe, where all the elastic is cotton-covered. I believe they started at size 2T and they're pretty thin cotton so i'd guess that they would fit loosely. They looked really comfy and another poster here said her DDs thought they were pretty much equivalent to Hannas in terms of comfort.

Mine wear the Hanna classics. DD2 has never complained about them. Grandma bought them. Otherwise I would've bought the FTL boy shorts from Walmart.

emilys_mom
07-09-2011, 09:23 AM
I'll grab a package of each of the FTL and faded glory and see if either helps.

AnnieW625
07-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Highly recommend Hanna Andersson. I would get her a size 90. You might want to call the outlets and see if they have any on sale. DD1 wears the hipsters. I don't think I could see her wearing the classic ones though.

Have you thought about taking her to the store and having her pick out the panties herself?

Melaine
07-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Definitely try HA hipsters. My girls were pitching a daily panty fit, no joke. Hanna solved the problem for us, and now they actually are willing to wear others on occasion. I do feel that they fit a much wider size-range, too, if that makes any sense.

happymom
07-09-2011, 11:42 PM
DD has the FTL boyshorts from walmart in size 2T and they are really too small. She is 2.5 and average size. So you might want to try them in 3T...

emilys_mom
07-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Thanks everyone for all the great ideas! We went to Walmart after weighing and measuring her and I noticed that in the FTL shorts she was a solid size 4T, but the Faded Glory Panties she was still a 2T/3T. I followed the PP advice and let her pick a package of each, brought them home and washed. For the last 2 days - no fits! She picks them out each day and puts them on herself. She hasn't actually worn the FTL shorts yet, only picked out the Faded Glory ones from her drawer, but she did try the FTL ones on and agree they fit. Cross your fingers that she doesn't change her mind!

traciann
07-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Thanks everyone for all the great ideas! We went to Walmart after weighing and measuring her and I noticed that in the FTL shorts she was a solid size 4T, but the Faded Glory Panties she was still a 2T/3T. I followed the PP advice and let her pick a package of each, brought them home and washed. For the last 2 days - no fits! She picks them out each day and puts them on herself. She hasn't actually worn the FTL shorts yet, only picked out the Faded Glory ones from her drawer, but she did try the FTL ones on and agree they fit. Cross your fingers that she doesn't change her mind!

I am glad they are working out for you! I normally would not have bought the walmart brand...but they are my favorites now!