PDA

View Full Version : Need quick help for housewarming gift!!

theriviera
07-09-2011, 12:07 PM
hi,
we are going to a housewarming party this afternoon and i procrastinated on buying a gift. any ideas for something i can pick up locally? they don't drink wine (my go to gift).

thanks!

waitingforgrace
07-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Is there a local place where you can pick up a nice little box of chocolates?
Local coffee shop? could give a $10 giftcard
Pick up a nice white kitchen towel and hand soap - TJMaxx always has something interesting
a potted plant

urquie
07-09-2011, 12:25 PM
a flowering, potted plant... orchid, hydrangea, azalea and chrysanthemum are readily available options. the last three can be planted in the yard (in many climates) after they are done blooming inside.

elizabethkott
07-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Fun "flavored" anti-bacterial soaps?
Scented candles with a lighter (I say w/a lighter b/c we can never find ours when the power goes out in a storm!)
Pretty hand towels/kitchen towels/placemats

waitingforgrace
07-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Nice set of cloth napkins
set of fun summer/outdoor tumblers
Put together an assortment of grill seasoning packets with a meat thermometer

SASM
07-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Everything that I was going to suggest is listed!!:) A simple clear glass pitcher from Walmart...for use with drinks or flowers. :) Or a cute oval platter...I recently bought a very cute melamine one that looks like pottery from Target.

new_mommy25
07-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Last time we went to a housewarming we went to Whole Foods and got a bunch of potted organic herbs. They were well-received. However I knew in advance that the couple wanted to start a garden. :)

TxCat
07-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Last time we went to a housewarming we went to Whole Foods and got a bunch of potted organic herbs. They were well-received. However I knew in advance that the couple wanted to start a garden. :)

I was going to suggest potted herbs as well.

A bag/basket with several different types of tea (including some for iced tea), maybe coffee, and some snacks (crackers, cookies, bread, nuts, etc.)?