PDA

View Full Version : Did I make a mistake? Bumbleride Indie.

mama2g03
07-09-2011, 01:17 PM
I just ordered one for $149 from Diapers.com. Closeout 2010 in the pink Vita color. Seems like such a great deal and there's free return shipping in case I change my mind. DH ran over my Zippy in the spring and the Joovy caboose is just not that comfy for everyday. Color wasn't my first choice but for $300 less I can live with it. Is this a good choice for an everyday stroller - mall, walking to the park, etc?

Beth24
07-09-2011, 01:40 PM
Wow, what a great deal! A new Indie for $149! From what I've read on the boards it sounds like you will love it. I know Catherine, crl, has an Indie for her every day stroller and loves it. Hope you do too!

spannaz
07-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Wow that's a crazy good deal!! And the 2010 had all the improvements plus all the included accessories. I'm actually kind of partial to the Vita, and was disappointed that they discontinued it. Definitely a head turner.

Hope you love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hollissmama
07-09-2011, 02:28 PM
crazy good deal, I tried to buy one but they are sold out I guess. Keeps switching to a 2011 vita. I have a walnut one and its is the best stroller I've ever used. great push and awesome features mama. congrats! think of me if you sell. :)

mama2g03
07-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear you really like yours hollissmama. I feel better now. :) Now I better get my old Zooper on Craigslist before this one comes so DH doesn't have a fit.

crl
07-09-2011, 05:22 PM
I love my Indie. It is my everyday stroller. I use it for walking ds to the bus stop, walking the dog, walking to the nearby small market, etc. It is a great stroller! I hope you really like yours.

Catherine

Multimama
07-09-2011, 05:29 PM
That is an *awesome* deal. And free return shipping too! I'm jealous.

mackmama
07-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Wow such an awesome deal! Where oh where is the link for this? I can't find it on their site.

poohbear
07-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Mackmama, It's no longer available, which is why it's not on their site - as PP stated, it was on there yesterday but it linked to the 2011 $469 model - they have since removed it from the site...

mama2g03, You can contact bumbleride - I believe you can buy replacement skins :)

roseyloxs
07-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Jealous. I wish I had brought an indie here. I miss my seagrass but the vita is beautiful too. At that price you can probably call bumbleride and find out how much a new fabric set would be? Or even just a canopy. I bet the new water resistant jet canopy would look fabulous with the vita fabric.

PeppyParents
07-11-2011, 12:03 PM
I just ordered one for $149 from Diapers.com. Closeout 2010 in the pink Vita color. Seems like such a great deal and there's free return shipping in case I change my mind. DH ran over my Zippy in the spring and the Joovy caboose is just not that comfy for everyday. Color wasn't my first choice but for $300 less I can live with it. Is this a good choice for an everyday stroller - mall, walking to the park, etc?

Yes, that's an amazing price. I don't even know if Bumbleride can make them at that cost.

Great all-around stroller. If you end up loving it but not keen on the Vita, you can always contact Bumbleride for new seat and canopy fabric in the color of your choice. Even after paying for that, you'll still be hundreds ahead.

Congrats!

lauti
07-12-2011, 03:27 PM
I too got in on this deal as I've been lusting after an Indie forever.

I have a DS, so Vita isn't exactly up my (or his) alley, and I figured I could just get a new fabric set from Bumbleride. Unfortunately, they aren't releasing the fabric sets for purchase until "late summer" :(

So, I don't know if I am going to keep it and wait or sell it. Kind of bummed you can't order them now as I know they have them since they replace stroller parts for customers under warranty.

Just an FYI for anyone who may have done the same thing as me.

Trigglet
07-12-2011, 04:05 PM
I too got in on this deal as I've been lusting after an Indie forever.

I have a DS, so Vita isn't exactly up my (or his) alley, and I figured I could just get a new fabric set from Bumbleride. Unfortunately, they aren't releasing the fabric sets for purchase until "late summer" :(

So, I don't know if I am going to keep it and wait or sell it. Kind of bummed you can't order them now as I know they have them since they replace stroller parts for customers under warranty.

Just an FYI for anyone who may have done the same thing as me.

If you decide you do want to sell it on, let me know :waving4:

I so love the look of the Indie, I'm prepared to put my DS in a bright pink one :rotflmao:

Multimama
07-12-2011, 04:39 PM
I so love the look of the Indie, I'm prepared to put my DS in a bright pink one :rotflmao:

The pink isn't that bright. I think it's probably as gender neutral as pink can get. For $150 I would definitely put my DS in a pink one!

lauti
07-12-2011, 06:21 PM
The pink isn't that bright. I think it's probably as gender neutral as pink can get. For $150 I would definitely put my DS in a pink one!

I am thinking about this too. But, I don't want to take it out of the box if I decide to sell it so I can't see the color in person.

Decisions!

mama2g03
07-15-2011, 12:44 PM
My Indie came yesterday and I must say I am so glad I pulled the trigger on this! I like the color in person better - I would call it a raspberry type of pink. The gray and black on the stroller looks really nice with it. Love the canopy and the steering/pushing seems very smooth - I've only pushed it around the house so far. Kind of glad DH ran over the Zippy now!

hollissmama
07-15-2011, 10:01 PM
so jealous! enjoy ladies even for your boys. I love pink, put me in line to buy if you decide against it.