PDA

View Full Version : toddler nap question

babybell
07-09-2011, 08:30 PM
DD (19 months) has always been a good sleeper. Lately, though, she talks/babbles to herself for nearly an hour before going down for naps and for sleep at night. Is this normal? I feel guilty sometimes because I put her down at 1pm for a nap but she doesn't actually fall asleep until 2pm, and then sleeps for 2.5–3 hours; so she's in there for a long time! She's totally happy, though.

Beth24
07-09-2011, 08:43 PM
DD (19 months) has always been a good sleeper. Lately, though, she talks/babbles to herself for nearly an hour before going down for naps and for sleep at night. Is this normal? I feel guilty sometimes because I put her down at 1pm for a nap but she doesn't actually fall asleep until 2pm, and then sleeps for 2.5–3 hours; so she's in there for a long time! She's totally happy, though.

My eldest DS was like that, sometimes he was in his crib from 1 to 5! It's totally normal. Enjoy your down time. :wink2:

babybell
07-09-2011, 08:51 PM
My eldest DS was like that, sometimes he was in his crib from 1 to 5! It's totally normal. Enjoy your down time. :wink2:

Yes! It's nearly 1 to 5 every day. I do work from home so it is sort of nice, I have to admit!

SkyrMommy
07-09-2011, 09:03 PM
DD does that and has for quite a few months, she's content & happy and still gets her nap so I figure I'll just go with it. Besides it is awfully nice to have time in the afternoons for work or quiet time myself.

♥ms.pacman♥
07-09-2011, 10:16 PM
my ds did that for a while. there would be times when i'd put him down at 1, he would fall sleep at 2, then wake up at 4 and babble happily till 5. i would often go at in at 5 just because i missed him and was afraid he'd pee thru his diaper! he would wake up late in the mornings too...sometimes he'd be in his crib for 16 hours a day!

enjoy it while it lasts. :) my ds's naps have been getting shorter and he has been waking up earlier.