PDA

View Full Version : Socks like CP, ON triple roll in larger sizes

niccig
07-09-2011, 10:15 PM
DS will only wear the CP or ON triple roll socks. CP still has them in his size, but in red, brown, green or beige...blech. We've tried a few ankle and crew socks from target but DS finds them either scratchy, too thick and his feet get hot, or the inside isn't finished well and threads get stuck between his toes.

And DS does not have any sensory issues. So any larger socks that are thin like the CP/ON triple roll socks? DS is a size 11.5 shoe.

Thanks.

pantone292
07-10-2011, 11:11 PM
This probably isn't a great lead, but I thought I'd share that I found some for myself (so, women's size 8, more or less) at the mall sock kiosk. Maybe a women's small in a neutral or dark color would work?

Tondi G
07-11-2011, 01:18 AM
my DS is very sensitive about socks ... actually both of my boys are. They both wear their socks inside out cause they can't stand the seam. I buy DS1 ankle socks from target (I think Cherokee or circo brand) in the regular boys section. DS2 I am still buying him the little thin ankle socks from the toddler section ... he just turned 6 and they are getting small (he wears a size 1.5) . So far we haven't been able to find socks he likes otherwise. I remember getting good thin seamless socks at Stride rite when DS1 was little.... I was going to check at Nordstrom to see what they have also.

KpbS
07-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Last year I found navy ones in the larger sizes at TCP and I am pretty sure they had white as well. It was mid-late August, so back to school time for uniform purposes.

HIU8
07-11-2011, 12:07 PM
The triple roll socks are just coming back into TCP. They are more of a fall/winter item. I've gotten them at JCPenny, Macy's, Gap, ON and Target as well. My kids prefer the TCP socks though b/c they are made with lycra/spandex and are not as scratchy or tight (but they do seem a little thinner).

niccig
07-12-2011, 03:50 AM
The triple roll socks are just coming back into TCP. They are more of a fall/winter item. I've gotten them at JCPenny, Macy's, Gap, ON and Target as well. My kids prefer the TCP socks though b/c they are made with lycra/spandex and are not as scratchy or tight (but they do seem a little thinner).

Thanks for this and for the heads up on them being a Fall item for back to school - that makes sense.

I think DS likes the thinness of the socks because he complains that other socks make his feet sweet.

I'll stock up in August...and hopefully, by the time we're out of these sizes, DS will have lost the sensitivity to other socks.

niccig
07-12-2011, 03:51 AM
Last year I found navy ones in the larger sizes at TCP and I am pretty sure they had white as well. It was mid-late August, so back to school time for uniform purposes.

blue or white would work for us. I prefer blue because they bottoms don't get dirty.