PDA

View Full Version : You Know You are Boring When...

vejemom
07-09-2011, 10:34 PM
It is 9:30 on a saturday night, and you find yourself sitting on the front lawn watching them harvest wheat. And you realize that your 2.5 year old knows enough about farm machinery that she can recognize the make of it based on color and keeps asking, "where John Deere go?" when the big harvester would chug over the hill out of sight, LOL

gobadgers
07-09-2011, 10:37 PM
That sounds kind of awesome. Wish I was there too! :love5:

vejemom
07-09-2011, 10:47 PM
I still feel goofy about it, but yes, it is kind of cool to watch. this is a rural area, but horses are the big thing here. So I've never seen anything quite like this. They're working all night. These are enormous machines and the headlights make it look like something out of Close Encounters!

twowhat?
07-09-2011, 10:50 PM
...someone has actually told you so :irked:

infomama
07-10-2011, 05:48 AM
Sounds just fine to me. My grandpa was a farmer/rancher though and I kinda love wheat fields. I've long since left behind the notion that certain nights of the week are made for certain activities ("it's Saturday night...I should be out!")...a day is a day is a day to me.

momm
07-10-2011, 06:56 AM
.... When you make to post an inane thread on the BBB and dont, for fear of being judged by the other members, for having nothing else to do on a sat night.

OP, your saturday night sounds pretty cool though.

amldaley
07-10-2011, 08:23 AM
....when going to bed at 8:00 pm without any TV with the plan of getting some sleep is the exciting news you post as your Facebook status.

...when you come to BBB to find some excitement in your day.

...when even your dreams are boring (I dreamt I was pulling weeds and paying bills....two things which are overdue....)

--------------
OP: That actually sounds so peaceful. It would kill my allergies, but would be nice.

amldaley
07-10-2011, 08:25 AM
.... When you make to post an inane thread on the BBB and dont, for fear of being judged by the other members, for having nothing else to do on a sat night.

Please post inane threads at will! THAT is the excitement I come to BBB for!

dcmom2b3
07-10-2011, 04:24 PM
It is 9:30 on a saturday night, and you find yourself sitting on the front lawn watching them harvest wheat. And you realize that your 2.5 year old knows enough about farm machinery that she can recognize the make of it based on color and keeps asking, "where John Deere go?" when the big harvester would chug over the hill out of sight, LOL

Okay, I'm outing myself as a farm equipment geek, but those big threshers are the coolest thing ever. They seem like they're half a city block wide, and I've never seen them in action. DD and I would pay the price of admission to sit in your yard and watch "John Deere" go over the horizon and come back again. I didn't realize they harvested at night (duh, they have lights! It's cooler at night, makes sense.)

So, if you think you're boring, please consider that there's some crazy lady and her wacky child out there who'd be willing to *pay* for your kind of boring. :wink2:

citymama
07-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Sounds cool to me! It's better than scrubbing the stove top which is what I was doing at the time, between getting kids to bed...

boolady
07-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Please post inane threads at will! THAT is the excitement I come to BBB for!

:yeahthat: I would rather have been watching something interesting like you did and at least enjoyed the fresh air then watching DH watch Harry Potter for the 800th time.

mommytoC
07-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Doesn't sound boring to me! Your DD sounds just like my DD#2, except that here, driving down the road, it's "where cows go?" and "Mommy, more cows please". She knows her Holsteins and Brown Swiss, and her John Deere tractors, too. :)