PDA

View Full Version : GC to Amazon. What should I buy for DD?!!

PMJ
07-09-2011, 10:40 PM
I rec'd a GC to Amazon for about $250. I've never been an "Online" shopper, so I'm kinda nervous. :) HAHA

DD's bday is in Oct and you never can really predict what she may/may not get. Of course I"ll make my recs. to family members. :)

What would you recommend are your MUST haves for your Girl?

Things that I thought of:

balance bike (need recs here, don't know anything about these)

Toys that promote creativity?

Learning Tower - why is this so popular?

Thanks for your help,

Melaine
07-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Tripp Trapp or Learning Tower would be my top picks. We love both. Both can be used for years. You can search for threads about them, there are tons!

mommy111
07-09-2011, 11:11 PM
$250 gc to amazon? I would forget DD and buy household staples. Amazon is much better for diapers, the occ paper towels deals, the tech deals etc....ime the best kiddie deals are around christmas with the toy clearances....clothes etc for DD are better bought at the other store sales. But other moms may be able to guide you better!

DrSally
07-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Not sure if the price of magnatiles would be competitive on Amazon
Balance bike is a good idea. We started with the Strider (it's the lowest one)
Giro helmet
Cooshie booster seat?
Is all this for DD as a gift or is it something you received in general, b/c you could also get something for yourself, wink.

♥ms.pacman♥
07-09-2011, 11:24 PM
i'm with Melaine..id' get a learning tower. my DS loves his. it's so useful i think. he is always wanting to see what i'm doing so it's useful to put him in it while i'm cooking or doing other stuff in the kitchen. i'm sure my DD will love it eventually too :)

i like it bc it's a good place to put him in and keep him relatively contained. with just a regular chair or stool i'd be afraid he'd fall or jump off.

sometimes he gets bored of his high chair and wants to stand for a bit so we let him stand in it and eat dinner off a plate on the kitchen counter.

hellokitty
07-09-2011, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't waste the $ on a learning tower. If you want one, buy one used, I think the full price is a rip off. We love the tripp trapps, have 3 of them, one for each kid.