PDA

View Full Version : Going bat$h1t crazy - help me choose!!

Trigglet
07-09-2011, 11:25 PM
I am going round and round in circles trying to choose between the BJCE and the BOB. DH is very sweet and supportive (he has to be as he's just bought himself a new macbook air!), but not really much help in actually making the decision.

So, I'm turning to you - the true experts and those unafraid to voice their informed opinions!!

Which one should I get? Here's the deal - I am not a runner, or a jogger, or a hiker. I stroll, and sometimes hurry, and occasionally walk over gravelly paths in the park/zoo etc :o. But we live in a totally car-based town - there is almost no public space to walk around (which drives me nuts, but that's another thread!), and the weather is too stinking hot to be doing much at this time of year anyway. At the moment I have Al, a Liteway and the Graco monster travel system, which is being sold this week to make way for the new Britax RDBT 55 plus possible new stroller :wink2:

So, realistically this new stroller is going to get relatively limited use (park, zoo, vacation etc) in terms of its AT capacities, but I would like something that I could use in the mall without knocking passers-by over and causing a ruckus! I like the looks of both BOB and the BJCE (though I prefer the 2010 colours of the BOB). I have a gas-guzzling Jeep :bag so no constraints in terms of trunk space. My DS is 15 months, chunky and likes to see what's going on.

I thought I had totally decided on the BJCE (for the fold, and the compromise of the 12in wheels, rather than the slightly unnecessary 16in BOB ones), and I've found a deal on a new one for $320 (no tax and free shipping). But then all this BOB love has me questioning myself. The best deal I've found on a new BOB is $335 for the 2010 in black (which is not my first choice of colour either). So, financially there's not much in it - at least unless I can find a better deal on either. (Our CL is terrible, so not a chance of anything there).

I humbly ask your opinion, and appreciate you reading what has now turned into a rather over-long post :D

lhafer
07-09-2011, 11:39 PM
I'd go for the BJCE if you aren't a runner for the fold alone. I had a Classic that I just sold (sad about that), and I am not a runner. It was perfect for the zoo, parks, etc. The push was awesome, and the fold and canopy were even awesomer.

georgiegirl
07-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Bob, but you can't go wrong either way. I had a BJCE and now I have a bob (it's new so I haven't used it much.). Bob push is better and it's very bouncy. Both have good canopies. BJCE recline is deeper and much easier to recline (and fold of course.). Bob resale will be better.

AnnieW625
07-09-2011, 11:47 PM
I would go with the Bob because of the push it is amazing. I can push my two girls in a duallie and have it pretty loaded and not feel like I am really pushing the stroller. Including the weight of the stroller, and my two girls I am pushing close to 100lbs and it doesn't feel like it at all!

crl
07-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Bobs are such great strollers. So sturdy and fabulous push. Between those two I'd go Bob. You might find a used one on strollerista or stroller swap if your CL is bad. Or is there a nearby CL you can check? Also once you decide, you can post a beg for help finding a deal, sometimes people on this board can find amazing deals.

Catherine

Trigglet
07-10-2011, 12:28 AM
thanks for the input! :bowdown:

Do those of you who have Bob find the fold in any way less than perfect? I watched a couple of videos on youtube and it did kind of seem that it could be tricky - or perhaps that was just the users!!

One other thing - I liked the fact that the BJCE has that additional bit of mesh at the back of the seat when it's reclined to give some breeze - but I wonder whether it actually has any merit, or if it's just a bit gimmicky? My DS is a sweaty little thing, and any help we could get in that regard would be good, so it would be nice if that feature actually worked in any way.

DH think I'm going mad, and to be fair it has taken up a good deal of my mental space recently!

crl
07-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Well, I had a 2004 Bob SU. I didn't have any problems folding it. And I have more recently borrowed a neighbor's duallie and had no trouble folding it either (not sure of the year, but would guess a 2009 or so). But the fold is not small AT ALL. And I never have bothered to take the wheels off to make the fold smaller, that would be a hassle I'd think.

But, full disclosure, I have never had a baby jogger or anything else with a super easy fold so my basis for comparison may be a bit off.

I used my Bob year round in Northern VA, including mid day in the summer (ds only took naps in motion for a loonnnggg time) and never thought ds seemed particularly hot.

Catherine

arivecchi
07-10-2011, 01:41 AM
Go with BOB. Better push, better resale, better quality.

goldenpig
07-10-2011, 01:51 AM
OK I'll be a contrarian and vote BJCE. I've never had a BOB but I have a BJ Summit XC double and I love the super easy fold--it's so awesome to be able to lift up on the handles and throw it into the trunk in one fell swoop. The fold is very compact compared to other strollers (I had a Joovy Ergo Caboose and a Mountain Buggy Duo) which is great for trunk space. I also love the big canopies and seat back mesh pockets and easy recline. The push is fine for me and I love having air tires (I haven't pushed a Bob though so I can't compare the two). I agree that Bobs will be easier to resell because more people are familiar with it. But if you are going to be the one using it, you should pick the stroller that makes you the happiest IMO. Have you tried pushing both stollers and seeing what features you like and are important to you? My impression is I think the BJCE will be more "plush" and the Bob might be more "sporty". Either way, you can't go wrong, they are both great strollers.

arivecchi
07-10-2011, 01:57 AM
Goldenpig, you are correct. The BJCE has more features than BOBs. If push is important, go BOB. If any of the BJCE features are very appealing (fold, forever tires) go with that.

I would personally go BOB, but I am not the one getting the stroller. :D I need to keep that in mind!

Multimama
07-10-2011, 07:33 AM
I have a BJCE and I would pick it again over a Bob because my DS has basically outgrown the Bob at age 2 (IMO). Plus I don't use it in and out of car, but since you are going to, I think the fold is great for that.

I would choose Bob if I wanted to run with it or if push was the most important thing.

BUT maybe I missed it in your post, but is there a reason you are only considering the Bob or the BJCE? If I wanted an AT I could push at the mall without causing a ruckus neither would be my top choice. I take the BJCE to the mall, but it's wide and the rear tires sometimes get hung up on things. It's annoying. I'd pick something like the Swift or Indie for a mall AT. (But I just take my Micralite Fastfold Superlite now.)

wellyes
07-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Between those two, I would get the Bob for sure. But why are getting an AT at all?? For paved and indoor strollering I would pick the BJCM hands down.

The BJCM is by far the best stroller Baby Jogger makes IMO.

WatchingThemGrow
07-10-2011, 08:09 AM
I have the BOB, the BJCED and the BJCMD. I like the Elite best b/c of the handlebar console, the super tall seatbacks (my 5 yo can still ride as needed and fits comfortably - looks like a monster in the bob), and the length that makes indoor strolling possible. Taking the Bob to the mall meant that we knocked into things, didn't fit into elevators as easily, etc. DH does not like the bob handlebar height.

The mesh on the back does give some breeze, which we've found useful, and the cover that can go over it has been useful as well to keep a cold breeze off a sleeping kid in the winter. GL deciding. Totally BTDT! (I only got the bob single b/c it was $75 at a consignment sale. We don't use it a ton.)

krobbin
07-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Do those of you who have Bob find the fold in any way less than perfect? I watched a couple of videos on youtube and it did kind of seem that it could be tricky - or perhaps that was just the users!!

I have a 2010 BOB and the fold, at least for me, is very easy to do... I think there may be a bit a of learning curve. The only thing that bothers me is that the fold is not very compact and can be awkward when putting it into a smaller car. I have a SUV and it's pretty easy to get in my trunk, but it will take up quite a bit of space.

So I wouldn't call the fold perfect, like BJCM easy, but it's really not that hard.

I've taken it to the mall many times (because I don't own another stroller) and it's awesome to push, but like others said, when you are in a store - it sort of hogs the aisle and the front sticks out so far you run it into things :)

I don't know if I'd buy it to take it around the mall, in fact, this is why I'm getting a new stroller (micralite fastfold) - so I don't have to take BOB with me (too heavy/big). I do use mine for running/rollerblading, so it's worth the money..

blondflava
07-10-2011, 08:58 AM
I have a BOB (just got a very good shape 2007 on CL) and looooooooove it, would pick it again over Baby Jogger in an instant. I was surprised that its more narrow than my BJCM but much longer. The push is beyond amazing, dont know the BJCE push but I went through loose sand with a loaded stroller (2 beach chairs, heavy cooler, beach bag and toy bag) and a kiddo without a hassle. The fold is more bothersome than BJ, but folded BOB fits in between the driver seat and back seat of my sedan (wheels up). I plan to start power walking and walk a lot on bumpy sidewalks so it ll get great use. But for malls, zoo and ocassional bumps, BJCM would be enough as well!
my DD is 2 and has space to grow into the seat (33" tall) and I hope to use the stroller till she is 3 at least!

poohbear
07-10-2011, 09:06 AM
thanks for the input! :bowdown:

Nope, no issues folding at ALL.

Goldenpig, you are correct. The BJCE has more features than BOBs. If push is important, go BOB. If any of the BJCE features are very appealing (fold, forever tires) go with that.

I would personally go BOB, but I am not the one getting the stroller. :D I need to keep that in mind!

If this is your only stroller, the BJCE may be better - it has more features (legrest if that's important to you, full recline, parent console, quick, easy fold, foam tires). I believe there is a little more headroom in the BJCE, though at 37 inches, my two year old has no problems in the BOB at all (and still has room to grow). If you're looking for great push or easy resale, go with BOB.
When push comes to shove, either will be a good choice. You will not make a wrong decision :)

roseyloxs
07-10-2011, 09:17 AM
I'd go for the BJCE if you aren't a runner for the fold alone.

:yeahthat: The BOB is a great stroller and perfect for runners but you aren't a runner. So you can sacrifice an inch on push and go for some great features that the BOB can't offer like fabulous fold, magnetic peekaboo windows, footrest, etc. Then again I would buy the bumbleride indie but I can't beat a $320 price point and it still can't beat the fold on the BJCE.

RunnerDuck
07-10-2011, 09:21 AM
So when I was trying to pick between the Bob and the BJ Summit what gave me the most pause was the basket on the summit looked super annoying to get in and out of. Like the basket was a good enough size but there was this divider in the middle - on the single. I guess you could access it from the side maybe? But if you are planning this for days out where you will be hauling stuff, as opposed to exercise where you don't need much, I would look at the basket... not sure how it is on the elite...

FWIW my girls are 3, one is 90th percentile, the other is 20th, both still fit in the Bob, double or single. The double has a bit more leg room IMO.

I have used my double as my main stroller for a while now and never had a problem except for Claire's boutique (which I have no business shopping in anyway I know but I needed a gift for a 5yo LOL) and doors at the zoo (ours aren't automated) - and ONE doctor's office, it wouldn't fit through the door. For the most part no problems - so while so far I have only used my singles for exercise I don't see them being a problem ANYWHERE.

The elite is definitely bigger as is the summit, as far as height, but I felt like the bigness would increase people staring at the lady with the huge stroller and I didn't like that possibility, I get stared at enough for having twins plus too many kids. I feel like I have a lower profile with the bob. But that's my own mental hang up.

If you will only ever be strolling, not exercise walking, on smooth and or shopping, though I might agree don't go with an AT ... I have a Graco quattro which I will use for smooth/indoor stuff when it suits because the basket is so huge it holds a ton. It's not fancy but in some capacities it suits me way better than an AT. So consider all those angles. I know the quattro is despised here but it has served me very well for 7 years now and I have no plans to chuck it any time soon. Not saying get a Graco per say but look into lighter weight with more storage, it might suit your needs better. The baskets under ATs are small and they are tippy if you hang things on the back. I do it, but I need to be very aware with the kids get out.

ETA - I also find the bob easy to fold. It doesn't STAY folded easily like my Graco but it's not super hard. Sometimes 2 point fold means remove a seat and then fold the frame which IS annoying - but for the Bob the 1st part of the fold, squeezing the levers, is so natural it doesn't REALLY feel like a point to me, if that makes sense.

crl
07-10-2011, 10:13 AM
As far as kids fitting in the Bob, ds rode in ours until he was five. And he was 95 th percentile in height.

Catherine

Multimama
07-10-2011, 10:19 AM
As far as kids fitting in the Bob, ds rode in ours until he was five. And he was 95 th percentile in height.

Catherine

I think it is a question of how you define fit. I'm sure I could definitely *get* my DS in the Bob for another couple of years (with his head over the seat back, hitting the canopy, etc.), but he looks just right in the BJCE. :)

RunnerDuck
07-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Yeah they could definitely make it better for taller kids. I am really surprised with this being a big complaint that it's not something they addressed with the new design. I think they want to keep that distinctive square canopy which is the Bob look but I think that square shape is where all the problems come in.

ashleybama24
07-10-2011, 10:52 AM
I know everyone loves the push of the BOB but the fold about drove me crazy on it. That was the reason we ended with the BJCE. I like the bigger canopy and the fact that it has mesh air vents on the side, two peekaboo windows on top and it can recline with one hand. If you want more features, get the Elite...if you prefer push...get the BOB. Either are great strollers and you won't be disappointed.

Multimama
07-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah they could definitely make it better for taller kids. I am really surprised with this being a big complaint that it's not something they addressed with the new design. I think they want to keep that distinctive square canopy which is the Bob look but I think that square shape is where all the problems come in.

I think the shape of the Bob makes it more stable for jogging. That must be why the seat is so ridiculously wide (wide & squat = more stable). The BJCE is not approved for jogging so no worries about needing to tailor the shape for that level of stability. (The BJCE is plenty stable, but it's no running stroller.)

RunnerDuck
07-10-2011, 11:41 AM
They should be able to round the canopy without affecting stability though don't you think?

Multimama
07-10-2011, 11:44 AM
They should be able to round the canopy without affecting stability though don't you think?

Oh, I see what you mean. I was thinking mostly about the short seat back. Yes, the canopy design is weird. I don't like the way that if it is back it is behind my kid's head.

crl
07-10-2011, 12:05 PM
I think it is a question of how you define fit. I'm sure I could definitely *get* my DS in the Bob for another couple of years (with his head over the seat back, hitting the canopy, etc.), but he looks just right in the BJCE. :)

It has been a while (ds is eight now) but I really don't remember him hitting the canopy or looking crowded at all. And he certainly wasn't complaining. (It was our compromise for the library that was a mile away. I would push him home if he would walk there.). Maybe he slouched? Or maybe it is whether the kid has long legs or a long torso? Though ds did not have particularly long legs. . . . .

Catherine

Trigglet
07-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks so much, you guys. It means a great deal to be able to come and know I can get informed opinion here!!

In an ideal world I would try both out IRL side by side, but the closest I can get is to try a 2010 BOB in a baby shop in town. There's nowhere that stocks the BJCE (only the BJCM). It certainly felt lovely to push. I am concerned about the absence of a clip to hold it folded closed - I know you can use the strap, but it seems a bit cumbersome.

To answer the PP's question about why I need an AT at all - are you working for my DH?! :ROTFLMAO: I suppose I'm looking for an all-rounder that will complement Al, and allow us to go for walks in the park when the weather gets less disgusting - the paths in our local park are small gravel that none of my current strollers can cope with. And our sidewalks are a disaster (perhaps this is what happens when you live in a State/city that thinks that taxes are a bad thing!)

As it stands I think you're right, poohbear, that they're both great strollers, and I'll probably be happy with either of them, given my intended usage. So, it will probably come down to $$$, and how good a deal I can find on either of them. If anyone has a tip for a great deal on one or the other, I'll be very grateful.

liamsmom
07-10-2011, 12:32 PM
I have a BJCC at my mom's house and a 2010 Bob at mine. I don't know if it's due to his age or the stroller itself, but DS LOVES riding in the Bob nowadays. He runs up to it and hops in! The BJ is a nicer, all-around stroller. I kind of find it idiot-proof, as in anyone can open and fold it, recline, etc. But I personally prefer the Bob. I don't have a problem folding it at all--there is only one extra step that only requires a flip of the wrist. I actually find it easier to fold the Bob and fit it into the trunk of my car than the BJCC, since the BJCC takes up more space in my trunk. The wheel base of the BJCC really bothered me--very wide--but the 2011 Bobs are wider now too. My advice is get the one that you love the most (and the best price).

Here are some pics I took this past spring comparing the Bob and BJCC. Good luck!

https://picasaweb.google.com/115010489068922310091/BOBVsBJCC?authkey=Gv1sRgCP3LrITV693S1AE#5591900526 356208994

poohbear
07-10-2011, 01:24 PM
You can get a 2011 Revolution SE for about $400
A 2010 Revolution for $360 with either 16 inch or 12 inch wheels
City Elite for $360 (possibly a little less).

PM me if you need details.

RunnerDuck
07-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Oh, I see what you mean. I was thinking mostly about the short seat back. Yes, the canopy design is weird. I don't like the way that if it is back it is behind my kid's head.

I don't find the seat back height to be a huge issue - could be a little taller, could get weird of that boxy thing at the top - but overall ok. But if the canopy were rounded on top, there would be more head room and maybe less extra material behind the head while folded back. My kids don't seem to mind the canopy being so close to their heads but it would be nice to feel like they had more space and could maybe see out more.

LoraLee2011
07-10-2011, 02:14 PM
I want to also say "thanks" to all who have commented and added insight. I'm trying to make the exact same decision and have really struggled finding good info about the BJCE. I know people "like" it but have been worried that they don't love it and thus don't openly rave the way people do about the BOB or the BJCM.

I love that the original poster had found a good price on the BJCE - I'd live to hear any insight on getting a new one for less than the standard 399 price. Any ideas? Anyone?

Thanks again!

arivecchi
07-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Here are some pics I took this past spring comparing the Bob and BJCC. Good luck!

https://picasaweb.google.com/115010489068922310091/BOBVsBJCC?authkey=Gv1sRgCP3LrITV693S1AE#5591900526 356208994 Great pics! I do think I prefer the looks of the BJCE, but the Revo looks much better built.

RunnerDuck
07-10-2011, 02:27 PM
In the 3rd pic - what is the skiphopjump thing and how is it attached to the side of the bob??? (I have the double diaper bag in uptown stripe and I love the colors...)

arivecchi
07-10-2011, 02:28 PM
It's a saddle bag. It has velcro straps.

crl
07-10-2011, 02:32 PM
I loooovvvee my skip hop saddle bags. They have worked on all my strollers and they are great! I have one on the side of my indie with diaper changing supplies and one on the handlebar to hold my keys, sunglasses, etc. If I am going on an all day outing I move the handlebar one down to the side and use it for sunblock, etc and hang a diaper bag from the handlebar.

Catherine

RunnerDuck
07-10-2011, 02:45 PM
I need some... unfortunately I need them TOMORROW :rotflmao:

I will have to make do till I can get some.

mackmama
07-10-2011, 04:12 PM
OP- I think you might still want to consider the Mountain Buggy Swift. It will be much smaller and less cumbersome to lift and move indoors, while still giving you the AT attributes that you want. There are some people on here that know much more about the Swift than I do, but it sounds like it would be a good fit for your needs.

Trigglet
07-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Mackmama, I did look at the MB Swift, but I was a bit freaked by the $$$ - and worried that in my useless CL, Graco-heavy area I might have trouble selling it on, if I needed to. I know that's not really the main consideration, but given we're talking hundreds of bucks, it has to be one of them, unfortunately!

Multimama
07-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Mackmama, I did look at the MB Swift, but I was a bit freaked by the $$$ - and worried that in my useless CL, Graco-heavy area I might have trouble selling it on, if I needed to. I know that's not really the main consideration, but given we're talking hundreds of bucks, it has to be one of them, unfortunately!

I agree with Mackmama, a Swift or Indie sounds more like what you want. I personally wouldn't worry about the resale since it only takes one buyer and you never know what will happen (you could move, right?). But if resale is a major concern Bob is probably your best bet. The name recognition is just better.

Plus the Bob still has air tires and the BJCE doesn't anymore, right? That would bug me. The BJCE I have has air tires and I really like air for an AT.

beltm
07-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Just wanted to add that i have been using the BJCE exclusively for the past amybe year and a half as DS outgrew the Micralite toro before he hit age 2. He is very tall (90th percentile) and long torsoed and he has plenty of room to grow (he is 3yo) in the BJCE. He is 23 inches butt to head, still likes to ride and loves the BJCE. He will often ask to go for a stroller ride just so he can nap in it (won't nnap in his bed anymore). I can't speak for the Bob, i see tons of them around, i'm sure it's lovely as well. The BJCE really has every feature i could want in a stroller - peekaboo magnetic windows, side vents for air and viewing, fully reclining seat, padded seat, adjustable handle bag, not tippy when heavy diaper bag is hung off the handles, leg rest for smaller babies, parent console tray, awesome push and one-handed steering. DH and i still swoon over it 1.5 years later how much we love to push it. My only complaints would be the size and weight, but it's a full featured AT, so i just need to grin and bare it (hence, why i've been on the hunt for the perfect lighterweight companion for it). The BJCE lives in my car and i use it for everything, including errands and the mall. I am ready for something a bit lighter and smaller for quick errands and such now. It fit down most aisles and is totally manageable in public bathroom stalls, etc. The canopy is divine. I really can't say enough about how wonderful it is. Personally I prefer the look of the BJCE over the Bob, and DS definitely has more head canopy clearance in the BJCE, so if you have a really tall kid that is something to consider. I'm sure either stroller would be wonderful. Just wanted to chime in that i've had nothing but wonderful experiences with my BJCE (the green one). I :love5: my BJCE.

Trigglet
07-10-2011, 11:15 PM
I do love the looks of the Indie - so cute, but worried by the 45lb upper weight limit - it seems weirdly low - is it because it's a lightweight AT?

Trigglet
07-10-2011, 11:29 PM
beltm, you said you have the green BJCE - is it a pale-ish shade, or more bright green? I ask because the pics on diapers.com make it look almost lime green, but the other pics I've seen make it look a more subdued green. Just wondered what it's like IRL!

mackmama
07-11-2011, 12:09 AM

I totally understand about your resale value concerns. My local CL rarely has MBs either. Maybe the Indie would resell better in your area? You might just want to consider these or other lighter "ATs" since they seem like they'd be easier to manage while still meeting your needs.

crl
07-11-2011, 12:55 AM
I do love the looks of the Indie - so cute, but worried by the 45lb upper weight limit - it seems weirdly low - is it because it's a lightweight AT?

If I am reading the CDC charts right, a fiftieth percentile boy in weight hits 45 pounds around age 5 1/2? Check for yourself if it is concern and you can track it on your child's growth curve. So even though it seems low, you probably won't exceed it before your kid stops riding anyway. I had two Swifts before buying my Indie and even though the weight limit on the Swift is much, much higher I can't see how a kid who weighs that much could possibly fit. I think the Swift weight limit is over 70 pounds? My 8 year old still weighs just 58! And there is absolutely no way he could fit in that stroller. So I think the weight limits can be a bit misleading.

Catherine

RunnerDuck
07-11-2011, 07:14 AM
My single bob has a weight limit of 70 of 75 which is insane, my child will never hit that. The double thought I think it 100 so 50 per kid - I still don't think they will hit it. One of my 3yos is 20th percentile and like 31 pounds, the other is 90th and 37? I'm ballparking here. But even the BIG one is not 45 yet and I suspect will not hit it by next summer which is when we will either be done or nearly so with the double bob.

I would not worry too much about a 45 pound weight limit.

beltm
07-11-2011, 07:37 AM
beltm, you said you have the green BJCE - is it a pale-ish shade, or more bright green? I ask because the pics on diapers.com make it look almost lime green, but the other pics I've seen make it look a more subdued green. Just wondered what it's like IRL!

My Bjce is a pretty pale green, maybe closentona sage green color. It's not bright (I've seen a pic of that one too). I can't Remember if I bought mine in 2009 or 2010. I don't really like green in general but I like this green very much.

ashleybama24
07-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Bright green was 2009, pale green 2010 or 2011.

Multimama
07-11-2011, 09:47 AM
If I am reading the CDC charts right, a fiftieth percentile boy in weight hits 45 pounds around age 5 1/2? Check for yourself if it is concern and you can track it on your child's growth curve. So even though it seems low, you probably won't exceed it before your kid stops riding anyway. I had two Swifts before buying my Indie and even though the weight limit on the Swift is much, much higher I can't see how a kid who weighs that much could possibly fit. I think the Swift weight limit is over 70 pounds? My 8 year old still weighs just 58! And there is absolutely no way he could fit in that stroller. So I think the weight limits can be a bit misleading.

Catherine

:yeahthat: You can look up your specific child's growth curve, but I think a 45 lbs weight limit is completely reasonable for a stroller. Most of the time higher weight limits are deceiving since no child that size would actually fit comfortable in the stroller. (The BJCE may be an exception. Sometimes *I'm* tempted to climb in there. :))

arivecchi
07-11-2011, 10:42 AM
I like the higher weight limits so a) both kids can hitch a ride and b) mama can sit down when she is tired and we are out and about. :tongue5: Not that a 45 pound weight limit stroller will implode or anything but I do like a stroller that can handle more weight if necessary.

crl
07-11-2011, 11:23 AM
I like the higher weight limits so a) both kids can hitch a ride and b) mama can sit down when she is tired and we are out and about. :tongue5: Not that a 45 pound weight limit stroller will implode or anything but I do like a stroller that can handle more weight if necessary.

You fit in a swift? Wow! And you can fit two kids in one? How did you do that?

Catherine

Kaylee31
07-11-2011, 11:58 AM

Catherine

Elektra posted pics of her 2 DCs in a swift last week. (I thought it was super cute! :) )
http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=403429

arivecchi
07-11-2011, 11:59 AM

CatherineLOL. Yes, I was able to sit in the Swift, the Terrain and even the Duo! Nice to have a place to rest when the kids are playing at the park and I have nowehere to sit but the ground. :) BTW, I just sit in it. I don't recline my back or anything!

I have DS1 sit in the footwell when he wants to hitch a ride but he wants to sit (as opposed to using the HH). Elektra posted a really cool picture of her two kids in the Swift last week.

crl
07-11-2011, 12:58 PM
I am impressed. I am positive my butt would not fit in a swift. And I am am also positive my 15 month old would be hitting my older kid and he would be whining; well, actually he is eight so no way would I consent to push him at this point. . . .

Catherine

Multimama
07-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Elektra posted pics of her 2 DCs in a swift last week. (I thought it was super cute! :) )
http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=403429

Those pics made me really want a Swift!

arivecchi
07-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Those pics made me really want a Swift! I know! They made me miss my Swifty! Maybe, I will get a +one. Bwaahahahahahhaha!

Trigglet
07-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the info about the weight limits - yes that all makes total sense - I think one just gets confuzzled by all the stats and automatically assumes that more is better :wink2:

I might have another look at the Indie (though I really don't think my budget can stretch that far -as it is I am walking round the house looking for things to put on CL to afford this purchase!), so if anyone spies a good deal on that one, I'd be grateful for a pointer.

And BTW, props to the mamas that can fit in their strollers!! :bowdown:

Trigglet
07-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Update:

So, having considered my options and taken people's advice into account I bought a.....

BUMBLERIDE INDIE! In the new recycled 'eco' fabric, in the blue colour 'Ocean'. It should be arriving tomorrow, and I can't wait.

I just realised that the Ocean is about the same exact colour as my school uniform - not entirely sure how I feel about that, but am looking forward to seeing it in the flesh :)

Thanks again for all your input

blondflava
07-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Yay! I'm positive you'll love it! Enjoy :)

crl
07-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Hope you love it! I am really happy with my indie!

Catherine

arivecchi
07-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Triggler, please post pics when you get it! Dying to see it!

Trigglet
07-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Absolutely will do - I am waiting for the UPS man impatiently!!