PDA

View Full Version : DH tells me we need an AT

roseyloxs
07-10-2011, 09:57 AM
So we were hiking today with the switchback which worked out great. My husband remarks that air tires rock and we need a stroller with air tires. :D

So what should I get? We live on top of hill. There are steep slopes up and down and also stairs everywhere which makes me want to consider a 4 wheeled pram. There are numerous walking trails with uneven terrain. I don't have any immediate visitors coming and I don't plan to go home until March so there is no big rush on purchasing. I am in Germany so european options can be considered.

Maybe its finally time to buy a Mutsy. I saw one in Ikea yesterday and it was fabulous.

ECUPirateMom
07-10-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm partial to my 2011 Bob SE (amazing and smooth push) but would also consider MB or a Bumbleride Indie!!
Happy shopping!
Aimee

swissair81
07-10-2011, 10:36 AM
So many awesome Euro options to consider! Do you have to fold it to store it?

poohbear
07-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Based on your current situation, stash and your kids' ages, I'd probably go with a BOB, but Swissair is right - there are probably a lot more cooler choices in Europe!

arivecchi
07-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Steep slopes = handbrake.

ashleybama24
07-10-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm not very familiar with European options but what about a stroller by:

Adventure Buggy
Jane
Joolz
Mutsy
Red Castle
Teutonia

legaleagle
07-10-2011, 03:27 PM
I've always been intrigued by the joggster x twist, etc. It's German, has a handbrake and multiple front wheel options.

http://strollerqueen.wordpress.com/category/tfk-trends-for-kids-joggster-x-twist-city-sport-review/

swissair81
07-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Based on your current situation, stash and your kids' ages, I'd probably go with a BOB, but Swissair is right - there are probably a lot more cooler choices in Europe!

I'm always jealous of my European relatives' strollers. (Although both my sisters in law who live there own mountain buggies from the US.) The Jane single is super cool. I totally forgot what it's called though.

roseyloxs
07-10-2011, 05:36 PM
I am not a BOB girl. Unless I found one for super cheap and I am talking like a $100 or less I won't be getting one.

Steep slopes = handbrake.

Good thinking. I don't think I need a full jogger so I don't know if I will be this lucky but it's definitely something to keep in mind.

I've always been intrigued by the joggster x twist, etc. It's German, has a handbrake and multiple front wheel options.

http://strollerqueen.wordpress.com/category/tfk-trends-for-kids-joggster-x-twist-city-sport-review/

I have actually seen this one in the wild a couple of times now. I don't love the looks of it. Its not stream-lined enough for my tastes, too much going on with it.

I'm not very familiar with European options but what about a stroller by:

Adventure Buggy
Jane
Joolz
Mutsy
Red Castle
Teutonia

I'm always jealous of my European relatives' strollers. (Although both my sisters in law who live there own mountain buggies from the US.) The Jane single is super cool. I totally forgot what it's called though.

Jane has always intrigued me. I haven't seen any yet here in Germany. The house is almost settled in = 'not an entire mess' maybe I can start looking up baby shops and begin shopping around but I will probably end up buying something used if I can.

legaleagle
07-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Oh, the bebe confort high trek posted yesterday! It has a handbrake http://bebeconfort.com/products/strollers/strollers/high-trek.aspx

roseyloxs
07-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Oh, the bebe confort high trek posted yesterday! It has a handbrake http://bebeconfort.com/products/strollers/strollers/high-trek.aspx

Ooooh! Its reversible too which I love!!!

blondflava
07-10-2011, 09:26 PM
I'd love to hear more about the AT European strollers, but the Polish stroller-obsessed message board I frequent is all about the Mountain Buggies and Baby joggers, go figure! Sorry, have no advice but will be following the thread, interested in what you decide to choose!

mackmama
07-11-2011, 12:12 AM
Others will probably have more informed suggestions for you than I would, but I just wanted to say that I am ridiculously excited for you that you get to stroller shop! Living vicariously :)