PDA

View Full Version : We need new bedding... I need inspiration and recommendations pls

artvandalay
07-10-2011, 10:09 AM
I could use some inspiration. We have a kingsize bed and I have no clue how many pillows we should have or what I should buy. Right now we are using a quilt, and even though it's King sized, it's not big enough. I"m also getting bored with our bedding and want something totally new.

Should I get a coverlet? Or bedspread instead of a quilt? Any recommendations of a good quality/where to buy? Someone told me once that these are usually bigger than quilts. In the winter we use a down comforter/duvet but the rest of the year we like a quilt on the bed.

I thought I remembered seeing a post on "what does your bed look like" or something like that awhile back. I did a search but nothing is coming up because it says the word "bed" is too common.

We really need the option of adding tags to posts. This would really help finding old posts that we didn't subscribe to.

Thanks!

toby
07-17-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm afraid that I have no advice, but I am bumping this up...

crl
07-17-2011, 10:35 PM
We have a queen size bed and I buy king size comforters so they are big enough. Is there something bigger than a king?

Sorry I am not more help.

Catherine

twowhat?
07-17-2011, 10:47 PM
The one thing I hate about kings is that comforters are never large enough. We have an "oversized" down comforter and duvet cover from the company store (and if you look at the dimensions, they are indeed oversized by a few inches compared to standard kings) but even the oversized isn't quite large enough. Especially with the thicker mattresses people buy these days (or the memory foam toppers on TOP of the mattresses, making them extra-thick).

So - will be watching this thread!!

lovebebes
07-18-2011, 02:53 AM
check out Bella Notte website for inspiration. I adore their bedding.

zag95
07-18-2011, 03:41 AM
We have a matelisse (sp) coverlet and shams from LE on our King bed- when weather is colder, we add our down comforter.....

We have our sleeping pillows (3 downs) and our king size shams that go over the top when we make the bed...

BeachBum
07-18-2011, 07:48 AM
I think the trend these days is a more streamlined bed with less fluff and pillows.

I like a white coverlet/quilt on my bed that we sleep under nightly. Then I have a duvet folded at the end of the bed for decoration and that we pull up when we are cold. The sheets coordinate with whatever duvet cover I'm using.

My husband and I each sleep with 2 pillows so I use different sets of pillow cases on them (I should use shams, but since we actually use them...) and then we have two throw pillows that are purely decoration.

artvandalay
07-19-2011, 06:16 PM
The one thing I hate about kings is that comforters are never large enough. We have an "oversized" down comforter and duvet cover from the company store (and if you look at the dimensions, they are indeed oversized by a few inches compared to standard kings) but even the oversized isn't quite large enough. Especially with the thicker mattresses people buy these days (or the memory foam toppers on TOP of the mattresses, making them extra-thick).

So - will be watching this thread!!

Totally agree...this is the problem!

artvandalay
07-19-2011, 06:52 PM
check out Bella Notte website for inspiration. I adore their bedding.

Will do thanks!

We have a matelisse (sp) coverlet and shams from LE on our King bed- when weather is colder, we add our down comforter.....

I love the look of those matelisse coverlets! I have liked that style but didn't know what they were called. I have seen them before (maybe in the Garnet Hill catalog?) but I usually just tossed the catalog and never paid much attention to them. I'll have to keep the next catalog I get from them.