PDA

View Full Version : Various Target Clearance Finds

littlebird
07-10-2011, 02:39 PM
--Halo cotton SleepSacks were 30% off for $13.83. If you have a baby registry with Target, you may have gotten the $4 Target coupon for a Halo SleepSack, making it $9.83 and 50% off! The coupon I had was in the bag of samples and coupons I was given when I registered. There was only one SleepSack left at my store.

--This Play Wonder soft pizza set for $3.94, completely unmarked as clearance and on the shelf in the Play Wonder section. I checked the price, and it was $0, so I took it with me to check out to find out the price.

http://www.amazon.com/Play-Wonder-Soft-Pizza-Set/dp/B002UODZME

--Calypso St. Barth for Target silk scarves 75% off for $4.98. The ones I found were tie dye silk crinkle and also dip dye pareo wraps. I thought at that price, they could be alternatives to play silks!

I also picked up a few pots for plants and wood cleaner that were now down to 75% off in the garden clearance.

All in all, not a bad bargain hunting day :)

ang79
07-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Ack, I was just at one of our Target's today and didn't check the scarves! They were $11 something when I looked at them last week and I was waiting for the price to drop. Didn't see the Play Wonder Pizza either but I did pick up a few leftover toys on the dollar spot that were 75% off. Unfortunately there wasn't much left. I also caved and bought the FP Loving Family dollhouse that was now marked down to $15.

KrystalS
07-10-2011, 07:17 PM
I also caved and bought the FP Loving Family dollhouse that was now marked down to $15.

Great buy! My DD is 7 and she still plays with this house almost daily.

caheinz
07-10-2011, 08:30 PM
I picked up a Harry Potter the Burrows Lego set for $41.xx today on clearance (~30%). The store only had one, and I wasn't going to wait to see if it went down any further. The Freeing Dobby set was marked down, too -- presumably 30%. None of the other Harry Potter Legos (Hogwarts castle -- either set -- or the Hogwarts Express) were marked down at all.

ang79
07-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Great buy! My DD is 7 and she still plays with this house almost daily.

Which house does she have? I got the Manor, like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Loving-Family-Manor/dp/B0037USWC8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1310346638&sr=8-2, though Target had the original price as $30, so it might be a bit different than the Amazon one. I kinda think that maybe the bigger house would be better, that way my 2.5 and almost 5 yr. old could play with it together, but I decided to grab this for the great price and if I come across a great deal on a bigger one in the next 60 days (is that what Target's return time is?), I'll just return this one.

Melaine
07-11-2011, 07:27 AM
The shoe deal was crazy, also. I started a thread down the page, but it is worth repeating: TONS of shoes on clearance!

DrSally
07-11-2011, 07:32 AM
I want to look at the scarves. I'm still searching for a decent swimsuit coverup. Thanks for the heads up!

mrsjaeq
07-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the reminder! Must stop by and check it out! I actually scored big at the KMART toy sale.

littlebird
07-11-2011, 10:04 AM
The shoe deal was crazy, also. I started a thread down the page, but it is worth repeating: TONS of shoes on clearance!

I looked through the shoes, but they were already picked over and none were DD's size. None of the rain boots were on clearance at all. I'm hoping to try another Target today in a different area I'm hardly ever in and see what luck I have. Thanks for the reminder!

scrooks
07-11-2011, 11:47 AM
I got one pair of shoes for DD- they were mostly picked over. In practically every dept I went in they were clearing, reorganizing and marking down. The toys in my store have been 30% for awhile with no drop in about 2 weeks. I saw lots of carseats at 15% off that werent on sale last week. They were also in the process of marking down all kinds of toddler clothes.

PAfirsttimemom
07-11-2011, 02:15 PM
I found a bunch of great 75% off white dot items in the dollar spot yesterday. I'm having a reunion picnic for college friends in a couple weeks, and thought it would be nice to have favors or prizes for the kids. For girls I picked up cute woven tote bags and straw totes that were 62 cents after discount, Hello Kitty pencils (4 in a pack) and two-packs of pens (flower and bird patterns), each 25 cents. For boys, there were Cars movie four-packs of pencils and a Cars dry-erase board, also 25 cents. I also saw a cute surfboard-shaped cork board, dinosaur books, and other cool stuff. I'm tempted to go back again and buy more for future stocking stuffers, potty-training rewards, etc. YMMV

azazela
07-11-2011, 02:24 PM
I don't think this is a super amazing deal but my Target had two sets of Thomas (wooden railway) cars on clearance for $10.xx each. The recycling cars (http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Friends-Wooden-Railway-Recycling/dp/B000062SQ4/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1310408462&sr=1-1) and the aquarium cars (http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Friends-Wooden-Railway-Aquarium/dp/B00005BY3W/ref=dp_cp_ob_t_title_1). My daughter has way too many engines and not enough cars for the engines to pull so I bought her the recycling ones.

Seitvonzu
07-11-2011, 02:43 PM
we bought 3 scarves today... i'm not sure i should be grateful ;) they are BEAUTIFUL :) i almost want to hide them and keep them for myself...the pink is especially beautiful :)

DietCokeLover
07-11-2011, 03:57 PM

I looked at mine, but it was all picked over.

littlebird
07-11-2011, 04:28 PM
we bought 3 scarves today... i'm not sure i should be grateful ;) they are BEAUTIFUL :) i almost want to hide them and keep them for myself...the pink is especially beautiful :)

That's what I thought last night when DD was playing with them, but they do make such lovely blankets for her babies :)

Babymakes3
07-11-2011, 05:13 PM
I found one of the silky Calypso scarves, yay! I would have really loved a pareo wrap though!
My shoe clearance was not impressive at all and none of the rainboots were included, which is what I was wanting.
The toddler boys clothing clearance was the same stuff they've had for weeks on clearance, so i'll keep checking back.
ALL of the sand toys were on clearance but they need to get marked down a few more times before i'll bite. I did buy the water spraying beach ball on clearance though, been wanting it for a while and there were only 2 left.
Lots of toys on clearance but not much I saw for my almost 3 yo DS.

JanBaby
07-11-2011, 07:03 PM
I think one of the PP's mentioned car seats but my Target had the Britax Roundabout 50 Classic in Kathryn for 30% off. Maybe it will drop to 75% off like the one last year (Sutton, I think?).

I also picked up the Loving Family dollhouse for 50% off. There were a few of the furniture sets 30% off that I'm going to keep my eye on (kitchen, laundry).

Seitvonzu
07-11-2011, 08:07 PM
our store had multiple pink & green scarves and also the crinkle blue--- so we got one of each...because, apparently having over a dozen play silks is not enough....

if anyone is on the fence about these, i will say-- we played with ours for about 30 minutes already and only stopped because daddy came home and i needed them to clear out so i could clean for our playdate hosting tomorrow.:) they are really beautiful. i actually put them upstairs so that we could hoard them a little more before they go into general public use. lucy was the "ocean and the sky at the same time "( crinkle blue) and i was "the sunset then the sunrise" and "a rose" (the pink scarf). the green scarf was a meadow and some grass :) big fans! so ... our thanks is genuine :)

Corie
07-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Can someone post pictures of the scarves on sale?

I looked through every single scarf at my Target today and
NOT ONE was on sale!

But I also have no idea what I am looking for and that is
extremely frustrating.

Thanks!

KrystalS
07-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Which house does she have? I got the Manor, like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Loving-Family-Manor/dp/B0037USWC8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1310346638&sr=8-2, though Target had the original price as $30, so it might be a bit different than the Amazon one. I kinda think that maybe the bigger house would be better, that way my 2.5 and almost 5 yr. old could play with it together, but I decided to grab this for the great price and if I come across a great deal on a bigger one in the next 60 days (is that what Target's return time is?), I'll just return this one.

We do have the bigger one. It's the older version of this one http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Loving-Family-Grand-Dollhouse/dp/B0015KSSTY/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1310430964&sr=1-1
I like this new one a lot more because the rooms are more open than the older version we have. This dollhouse was by far one of the best purchases I ever made for DD. I actually bought her one of the really expensive wooden houses and she never played with it. But this huge plastic one she loves!

ang79
07-13-2011, 03:22 PM
For those that bought the Calypso scarves, do you have the item number so that I can look it up online? The store I went to today only had a few thicker Merona scarves clearanced for $7. I want to check the other store in my area online before driving over there :) Thanks!

Oh, another random question, one of my stores had some Circo wooden train track stuff on clearance. My girls have been playing with DH's old Brio tracks with the wooden Thomas engines and I was wondering if the Circo tracks will work with the Brio tracks? If so, I'd love to pick up some more pieces for them to build with. Thanks again!

And here's my addition to the random clearance finds. Thermos Stainless Steel 2 piece set (straw bottle and beverage bottle, both with a floral pattern), clearanced from $31 to $15.50, they had a whole bunch on a random aisle with toys and other camping stuff at one of my Target's today. The straw bottle is like this: (my store only had silver bottles with the swirly flowers that are shown on the purple bottle at Amazon).

http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-HS4010A6-Stainless-Floral-Bottle/dp/B001M5LEKM/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1310584424&sr=8-10

Also, the summer aisles (dishes, table clothes, outdoor toys, etc.) were all at 50% today.

elbenn
07-13-2011, 03:30 PM
I looked at the scarves, but there were none marked down more than 30% ($13 scarves marked down to about $9). I did see some cool soccer goal posts for about 75% off. One was a smaller one that was $5 (originally $20) and one was a larger one on sale for about $15.

jennilynn
07-13-2011, 04:27 PM
And here's my addition to the random clearance finds. Thermos Stainless Steel 2 piece set (straw bottle and beverage bottle, both with a floral pattern), clearanced from $31 to $15.50, they had a whole bunch on a random aisle with toys and other camping stuff at one of my Target's today. The straw bottle is like this: (my store only had silver bottles with the swirly flowers that are shown on the purple bottle at Amazon).

http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-HS4010A6-Stainless-Floral-Bottle/dp/B001M5LEKM/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1310584424&sr=8-10

Oooh, I'd like one of those for me. Off to look today. Thanks!

Melaine
07-13-2011, 06:42 PM
Wonder if the lids to the straw and beverage containers are interchangeable? My store had them too and I am hoping for additional discounts so I can get a few. I have one and love it, I'd like a couple for the girls since the funtainers are not always enough.

craftysierra
07-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Wonder if the lids to the straw and beverage containers are interchangeable? My store had them too and I am hoping for additional discounts so I can get a few. I have one and love it, I'd like a couple for the girls since the funtainers are not always enough.

Yes the tops are interchangable we have a few of the big ones as well as a bunch of funtainers.

Sierra

KpbS
07-13-2011, 08:30 PM
I scored big on the shoes! Almost every pair was $3.74 or $5. I also picked up a high back booster for DS1 and saw a Marathon for $109 and a Roundabout marked down similarly--can't remember how much. Some Schleich was clearanced at my store too. And lastly some rash guard/swim short combos in the girl's dept. for $1.74.

edoudera
07-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Although i didn't end up buying it, the Schwinn bike trailer that turns into a stroller was 50% off- priced at about $75. Three of them were on an endcap in the camping/sports section. I THINK, but don't know, that it was this one-
http://www.target.com/Schwinn-Bicycle-Trailer-Conver-Yellow/dp/B003EESOFW/ref=sc_qi_detaillink

lauren3110
07-13-2011, 10:03 PM
The summer picnic and toys were mostly 50% off today. I got a picnic backet, octopus pool toy, paper plates, freezable water bottles, lunch and salad containers all 50% off

They had towels, picnic blankets, ice buckets, coolers, etc. all marked down. It was not marked down at all a couple days ago.

ang79
07-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Had to swing by our other Target tonight to check for the cheap scarves but no luck :( They also had a lot of the Thermos sets that I mentioned above, as well as a set with an insulated lunch bag and an insulated water bottle, this one was not a straw top (more like a spout). Was tempted to pick that up for DH but I guess he can make do with just one water bottle for now. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if any of the Thermos stuff gets marked down cheaper, I'd pick up sets for the girls to start using so that i can phase out the Playtex sippies we currently have :)

For those that have the straw cups, does the water taste like plastic at all due to the straw? And some reviews on Amazon said that when you open it up there is pressure that causes water to squirt everywhere, have you had any problems like that? Hoping that's not why these are clearanced!

babybell
07-13-2011, 10:47 PM
And lastly some rash guard/swim short combos in the girl's dept. for $1.74.

Seriously?! I just ordered a set online from Target for $12.xx. I was just there and they only had rash guards for boys in store.

I got a pair of toddler sandals for $6 a couple of weeks ago...

I was perusing the toy clearance and wasn't finding anything amazing. Is this as good as it gets?

jennilynn
07-13-2011, 11:08 PM
My Target had the summer/picnic items on clearance today. It said 30% but everything rang up 50%. I'd been waiting for these to use at our little one's picnic themed b-day party! I got a picnic tablecloth for $5, beverage/lemonade dispenser for $3, paper lanterns for $1 each. They also had folding chairs, picnic blankets, dishes/serving trays, water guns and a lot more. I also got free Sharpies (there's a $1 off coupon on target.com and the 2-packs are on sale for $1 in the back-to-school area.)

catpagmo
07-14-2011, 01:48 PM
I bought a toddler 4 piece toddler bedding set (Circo brand) for 50% off. I think it was $14.xx (original price $29). DS doesn't have a toddler bed, he's still in a crib, but I thought it would be nice to have the comforter for when he's on the couch, floor, or whatever. They had these on an endcap near the bedding section. They had quite a lot of the sets, for girls and boys. I'll probably go back today and get one for DD, just for the comforter, so she can use it when she's sick, on the couch.

FYI, the set included a comforter, pillow case, flat sheet and fitted sheet.

cntrymoon2
07-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Had to swing by our other Target tonight to check for the cheap scarves but no luck :( They also had a lot of the Thermos sets that I mentioned above, as well as a set with an insulated lunch bag and an insulated water bottle, this one was not a straw top (more like a spout). Was tempted to pick that up for DH but I guess he can make do with just one water bottle for now. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if any of the Thermos stuff gets marked down cheaper, I'd pick up sets for the girls to start using so that i can phase out the Playtex sippies we currently have :)

For those that have the straw cups, does the water taste like plastic at all due to the straw? And some reviews on Amazon said that when you open it up there is pressure that causes water to squirt everywhere, have you had any problems like that? Hoping that's not why these are clearanced!

I have the straw cups and LOVE them. I bought one at full price ($21) and went online to order a spare on amazon because I like it that much. I drink SO much more water than before :) I have never had problems with the straw leaving a plastic taste, or the water squirt everywhere. Like funtainers, they are not 100% leak proof if you turn them upside with the lead open. When you snap the lid closed, they are 100% leak proof. I carry mine around everywhere I go.

logan's mom
07-14-2011, 03:58 PM
My Target had the Little Tikes Grill (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=little+tikes+grill&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=6729945822474869679&sa=X&ei=L0kfTt7cHeH20gHnpY2zAw&ved=0CFQQ8wIwAQ) for $20. I almost picked it up for DS who loves to cook but I am hoping MIL will get him the nice wooden one from Land of Nod like I asked.....

MomtoNico
07-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Bought jeans for me for 5 bucks.

Also Jeans for my DS for 3 something. In the boys section.

cindys
07-14-2011, 04:42 PM
I would love that grill!! I remember searching Targets last year for it when it was clearanced but could never find it...

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...20, 5 & 2:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

kaitlyns.mom
07-14-2011, 06:23 PM
I bought DD two pair of sparkly shoes, one in her size and one a size up, for $3.74 a pair. I figure they are perfect for dress-up play.

Our Target had four Play Wonder sets - one dishes, one breakfast, one pizza, one cupcakes - for $11ish.

Also got an outside golf set for $3.

mjrwe
07-14-2011, 06:42 PM
Our Target had four Play Wonder sets - one dishes, one breakfast, one pizza, one cupcakes - for $11ish.

Thanks for the update. The food sets were not on sale at my store as of Tuesday, but maybe I will check back this weekend. I want the dishes, the cupcakes, and the snack set, but not for full price b/c all are clearance'd for $8 and under online! $11ish would be ok b/c I wouldn't have to pay shipping and the snack set and cupcakes are sold out online.

louisaho
07-14-2011, 06:47 PM
I picked up a picnic blanket and some folding chairs at 50% off at the summer section. Just out of curiosity, do you ladies think that buying them up at 50% is a good enough deal? I remembered that about a year ago, I was turning up my nose at stuff there were only marked down by 50% and holding off till they make it to 75%. But it seems like there are less stuff at 75% now, so my expectations have kinda changed - picking them up at 50% seems pretty good now.

ang79
07-14-2011, 07:06 PM
I picked up a picnic blanket and some folding chairs at 50% off at the summer section. Just out of curiosity, do you ladies think that buying them up at 50% is a good enough deal? I remembered that about a year ago, I was turning up my nose at stuff there were only marked down by 50% and holding off till they make it to 75%. But it seems like there are less stuff at 75% now, so my expectations have kinda changed - picking them up at 50% seems pretty good now.

If its something I really want or think I can really use (not that I would ever buy stuff that I don't NEED on Target clearance, ha!) I pick it up at 50% off but then hang on to it for awhile before using it. If I catch it for a bigger discount in the next few weeks, then I buy that one and return the previous. Some things go so fast and never make it beyond 50%, so I'd rather get it at that discount then not get it at all.

Please do not ask how many toys I did this with last summer, and the summer clearance clothes.......but I rationalize that I am at Target at least once a week to pick up prescriptions or other stuff and by doing the returns I saved a good bit of money last year :)

pjsmom30
07-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Bought Speedo swim goggles at 50% off in the picnic/outdoor section that was near the BTS section. They didn't ring up at 50% off, but they were housed right inside the 50% off area, so they gave it to me. They are cool, with holograms on the lenses that look like snake eyes. My guys have always hated the goggles I have bought, but they loved these!

logan's mom
07-14-2011, 07:09 PM

I feel like Target stuff is going so fast that it's hard to even find it at 50% off. If it's something I really want, I get it and then try to check back to see if it's been marked down again.

egoldber
07-14-2011, 08:41 PM
LOL! I got that same blanket and a bunch of other stuff today at the Target near my work. For reference, the Target near my home has been sold out of this stuff for weeks. So I snatched a bunch of it for our beach trip in a few weeks. If it goes on deeper sale, I will just re-buy and return.

daphne
07-14-2011, 09:08 PM
I went in to buy the Thermos set (love it) and ended up picking up 3 Harry Potter Sets. The Quidditch (sp??) set was only 30% off, but the Weasley house & Hagrid's house were both 50% off. (forgetting the names now - sorry!)

07-15-2011, 02:18 PM
I was able to pick up two pairs of cherokee boys carpenter jeans for 3.98 a pair and a third pair for 6 something. All of the Calypso line is also 75% off--I picked up some dresses for $10 a piece.

I'm still waiting for the Loving Family dollhouse to go to 50% off; same with the legos.

louisaho
07-15-2011, 03:51 PM
I was able to pick up two pairs of cherokee boys carpenter jeans for 3.98 a pair and a third pair for 6 something. All of the Calypso line is also 75% off--I picked up some dresses for $10 a piece.

I'm still waiting for the Loving Family dollhouse to go to 50% off; same with the legos.

I think target website has a $2 off kids jeans (except circo brand) coupon, if that helps.

KrystalS
07-15-2011, 04:43 PM
My Targets toy clearance is such a hassle. They leave everything in the regular aisles and just put a clearance sticker, so you have to look down every aisle in search of the stickers. Most stores I've been to in the past have several aisles with all the clearance toys together.

Babymakes3
07-15-2011, 08:44 PM
My Targets toy clearance is such a hassle. They leave everything in the regular aisles and just put a clearance sticker, so you have to look down every aisle in search of the stickers. Most stores I've been to in the past have several aisles with all the clearance toys together.

My store does this with toys too, it's a pain especially with a toddler in tow that *needs* all those toys he's seeing. The summer clearance stuff and clothing are in their own aisles currently but there is tons of other stuff throughout the store mixed into aisles and on endcaps. I walk the whole dang store everytime I go in (i will not be admitting how often that is either!).

inmypjs
07-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Summer clearance was 50% off today for me. I got 2 children's camping chairs for 5.00 each. Would have loved to pay 2.50 but they were the last 2 left.

Personally I like it when they leave the clearanced toys in the aisles. You do have to look more, but the toys get taken/picked over so much faster when they're moved to an endcap or aisle with a big % off sign. I admit I'm a toy clearance addict - I scope it out each week in advance, and I actually go first to the stores with least accessible toy departments (in the back of the store as opposed to the front, clearance endcaps facing the back as opposed to the main aisle). I always find more left at those stores!

Babymakes3
07-16-2011, 12:08 PM
My store must have hit 75% yesterday, kicking myself for not going then! ~I found a toddler helmet at 50% off (it's got a dump truck on it and ds is thrilled) for $8.48 - it was the only one I saw clearanced too!
~a spraying beach ball for $4.48 (i had purchased it for $8 so i'm returning the $$ one)
~Summer fruit snacks for .63 each and I had a $1 coupon off wyb 2, I bought 6 and used 3 coupons so I bought them all for .78 :O)
~Ore-Ida sweet potato fries - B2GO free and used a $1 off coupon
~various sand toys for .48 a piece
~Sharpie 2 pk - used $1 coupon so they were FREE!
~Nemo (ds is obsessed) swimming toy for $2.28
~Nemo float and ball for $2.48 (i had bought this prior too so returning the $$ one)
~picnic tablecloth for $1.74 for in laws table

The helmet alone made my day and the fruit snacks deal was awesome!

kaitlyns.mom
07-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Can't remember if someone has posted this but I went back I found a Circo toddler bedding set (like this one (http://www.target.com/Circo-ABC-Bedroom-Collection-Pink/dp/B004BCJK3Q/ref=sr_1_28?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=circo%20toddler%20bedding&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-28&qid=1310833603&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Circo%20ABC%20Bedroom%20Collection%20Pink&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_ primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0)) for $7.49!