PDA

View Full Version : Silly question about pigtails

redstone
07-10-2011, 05:40 PM
To manage my DD's very curly hair, I usually keep her hair in braids or pigtails.

I wanted to try this style with an off-center part. It looked adorable - especially with the flowers.

When I combed and parted her hair, I was just stumped when it came to the back of her head. Do you keep the off-center line from the forehead, over the scalp and to the nape of the neck? It just looked strange from the back with the part line so much closer to one ear than the other.

Green_Tea
07-10-2011, 05:47 PM
I stagger the part so that the front is a side part, but the back goes straight down the middle.

HIU8
07-10-2011, 05:57 PM
I stagger the part so that the front is a side part, but the back goes straight down the middle.

:yeahthat: DD wears an offcenter part. When I do pigtails I par the back down the center, so if you look at the top of her head, the part starts offcenter and then zig zags to the center. I've only ever seen it done this way.

Cuckoomamma
07-10-2011, 07:09 PM
We do a side part on one of the girls and then straight down the back in the back. Never thought to zig zag it, and frankly, don't know how!

HIU8
07-10-2011, 07:47 PM
I don't actually do the zigzag on purpose. When I part her hair in the center in the back it sort of just forms a zigzag pattern from the part in the front on the side. Hard to explain...

boolady
07-10-2011, 08:30 PM

We do this. DD's always had a side part, so I do all of her pigtails and braids with her side part and a clip, if needed.

ShanaMama
07-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Interesting. DD wears a side part but when she wears pigtails I force it into a middle part. Otherwise they are too uneven, no?

sunshine873
07-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Interesting. DD wears a side part but when she wears pigtails I force it into a middle part. Otherwise they are too uneven, no?

This is what I've always done too. But that pic is super-cute. I'm going to have to try it. Like PP said, I think the side part would have to be on top, then a center part down the back - otherwise you definitely would have one giant pigtail & one tiny one! :)