PDA

View Full Version : so ... how do you clean exploded diet coke out of the freezer?

hillview
07-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Um so I STUPIDLY left a diet coke in the freezer and it exploded and made a colossal mess. How would one clean this up without defrosting the freezer?
Thanks!
:bag :bag

niccig
07-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Defrost the freezer. Sorry. Is it a chest freezer, or shelves. If shelves, you may not have to do every shelf - but if you're doing most you may as well and then you don't have to do this again for a while.
When I do this, I put everything in the bathtub and cover with towel. Then I get out the hair dryer to help melt things more quickly.

EllasMum
07-10-2011, 08:57 PM
BTDT, with Coke Zero. I used a hot towel/washcloth and it worked like a charm.

lalasmama
07-10-2011, 08:59 PM
When it happened at work, we (I!) defrosted and then wiped with warm soapy water. Sorry!

(I will point out that I was frustrated the whole time, as it wasn't my soda--a doctor left it in there over the weekend. When she saw me doing it, she said thanks. And the next day I had a $50 Macy's card on my desk. Too bad that doesn't happen at home too, huh?!?)

BabyDahl
07-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Bummer. When this happened at the dorms, we heated a pot of water and dipped rags in the water, then let them sit on the frozen Coke in the freezer. It worked and was easy, but it wasn't fun.